- Action Figure Review Index
- Who is Barbecue17?
- My Toy Review Rating Scale!
- 31 Days of Toy Terror!
- Other Reviews and Stuff
- Barbecue17's Trading Post!
- Podcasts on The Epic Review
- Oh the Horror!: Horror Movie Reviews!
- The Batgirl Library
- The Dark Knight Gallery
- Fabulous Secret Powers
- Snake Mountain!
- The Harley Quinndex
- The Joker's Funhouse
- Tosche Station
- A Tour of the DC Universe Podcast
Monday, October 21, 2019
Road to Rise of the Skywalker: Second Sister Inquisitor from Star Wars: The Black Series Phase III by Hasbro
Height: 5 3/4ths inches
Articulation: Swivel/hinge ankles, double hinged knees, swivel thighs, balljointed hips, balljointed waist, swivel/hinge shoulders, swivel/hinge elbows, swivel/hinge wrists, and a balljointed head.
Accessories: Lightsaber w/ removable blades, cape, and 2 pauldrons.
Non-Scalper Price: $20 dollars
* The Inquisitorius has a pretty standard dress code that fits right in with the rest of the Empire and the Second Sister is no exception. You've got a grey uniform that looks very much like an Imperial Officer's outfit but augmented with black armored greaves and a Darth Vader-ish helmet.
* The Second Sister wears a very cool cape. It's long, black with a red lining, and has a interesting pattern. Of course, it's also sporting the symbol of the Galactic Empire, because Imperials gotta represent. The cape actually plugs into two holes on the figure's shoulders and stays on quite well. She looks very, very cool wearing this.
* What to do if you want the Second Sister to be more mobile, however? Can she fight as well when she's encumbered by her stylish cape? It turns out that the Second Sister comes with two separate pauldrons that can plug into the holes where her cape goes. It gives you a couple of options for displaying her, which is always a nice feature.
* The helmet is very. It kind of reminds me of a cross between Darth Vader and an Imperial Gunner (who I'm still shocked hasn't made it into the Black Series yet. There's even two different versions!). The helmet has great details and a nice, shiny finish in addition to the creepy red lens across the front.
* The articulation on the Second Sister is about what you'd expect from the Black Series, so no complaints here! She has lots of useful swivel/hinge joints and can take some fantastic lightsaber battling poses.
* The Second Sister carries her double bladed, spinning lightsaber, just like the rest of the Inquisitors you're probably most familiar with. It doesn't spin though, but it does have two blades which are removable.
* The Galactic Imperial symbols on the Second Sister's cape are really kind of rough looking. They're actually uneven, which doesn't seem like something the Empire would let slide.
* While red, grey, and black is definitely the Second Sister's chose color scheme, why is there so much red showing on her belt and on the bottom of her blouse? Seems like some sloppy paint apps, which I've noticed more on the Triple Force Friday releases than on any other Black Series figures in recent memory.
* Yes, the lightsaber blades are technically removable but I wouldn't recommend it. These look really, really fragile. They feel very, very fragile, too, so be careful. I really wish Hasbro would give us solid lightsabers and separately molded hilts, like they've done with some of the Kylo Ren figures.
This is the first figure of the Second Sister I've reviewed. For more Star Wars: The Black Series Phase III reviews check out the following:
0-0-0 (Triple Zero)
442nd Siege Battalion Clone Trooper, 212th Attack Battalion Utapau Trooper, Coruscant Guard ---(Phase II), and 501st Legion Clone Trooper 4 pack
Admiral Ackbar and First Order Officer
C-3PO (Resistance Base)
Captain Cassian Andor (Eadu)
Captain Phasma (Quicksilver Baton)
Captain Poe Dameron
Chewbacca (Target Exclusive)
Chewbacca (The Force Awakens)
Clone Captain Rex (HasCon Exclusive)
Clone Commander Gree
Clone Commander Fox
Clone Commander Wolffe
Darth Vader (Emperor's Wrath)
Death Star Trooper
DJ (Canto Bight)
Elite Praetorian Guard
Elite Praetorian Guard (with Heavy Blade)
Emperor Papatine and Throne
Enfys Nest's Swoop Bike/ Enfys Nest
Finn (First Order Disguise)
First Order Flametrooper
First Order General Hux
First Order Snowtrooper
First Order Snowtrooper Officer
First Order Special Forces TIE Fighter
First Order Stormtrooper
First Order Stormtrooper Executioner
First Order Stormtrooper (with Gear)
First Order TIE Fighter Pilot
General Leia Organa
Grand Admiral Thrawn (SDCC Exclusive)
Grand Moff Tarkin
Guardians of Evil 4-Pack
Han Solo (Exogorth Escape)
Han Solo (Mimban)
Han Solo (Solo)
Han Solo (The Force Awakens)
Imperial AT-ACT Driver
Imperial Death Trooper
Imperial Death Trooper, Captain Cassian Andor, and Sergeant Jyn Erso (Jedha) 3 pack
Imperial Hovertank Pilot
Imperial Patrol Trooper
Imperial Shock Trooper
Imperial Royal Guard
Inferno Squad Agent
Jaina Solo (Legends)
Kylo Ren (SDCC 2016)
Kylo Ren (The Last Jedi)
Kylo Ren (Starkiller Base)
Kylo Ren (Throne Room)
Lando Calrissian (Solo)
Lando Calrissian (The Empire Strikes Back)
Lando Calrissian (Skiff Guard)
Luke Skywalker (Death Star Escape)
Luke Skywalker (Jedi Master)
Luke Skywalker (Jedi Master)- Ahch-To Island
Obi-Wan Kenobi (Force Spirit)
Obi-Wan Kenobi (Padawan)
Obi-Wan Kenobi (SDCC 2016)
Phase 1 Clone Trooper Commander, Phase II Clone Trooper, Imperial Stormtrooper, and First Order ---Stormtrooper Officer four pack
Poe Dameron and First Order Riot Control Stormtrooper
Princess Leia (Bespin Escape)
Princess Leia Organa
Princess Leia Organa (Hoth)
R2-A3, R5-K6, and R2-F2
Red Squadron (R2-D2, R5-D8, and R2-X2)
Resistance Tech Rose
Rey (Island Journey)
Rey (Jakku) & BB-8
Rey (Jedi Training)
Rey (Jedi Training)- Crait
Rey (Starkiller Base)
Rey's Speeder (Jakku)
Sandtrooper Sergeant, Crimson Stormtrooper, Lieutenant OXIXO, and R2-Q5
Scarif Stormtrooper Squad Leader
Sergeant Jyn Erso (Eadu)
Sergeant Jyn Erso (Jedha)
Stormtrooper (With Blast Accessories)
Supreme Leader Snoke (Throne Room)
Vice Admiral Holdo
X-34 Landspeeder & Luke Skywalker (SDCC Exclusive)
X-Wing Pilot Asty