Height: 5 3/8ths inches
Articulation: Swivel/hinge ankles, boot swivels, double hinged knees, swivel thighs, balljointed hips, balljointed mid-torso, swivel/hinge shoulders, swivel/hinge elbows, swivel/hinge wrists, hinged neck, and a balljointed head.
Accessories: Removable vest/jacket shell, blaster pistol, and a head wrap.
Non-Scalper Price: $20 dollars
* Jyn Erso has excellent articulation. Hasbro has really been doing a great job at keeping a consistent and useful articulation model going with the Black Series figures, despite nearly every figure being a unique sculpt, and Jyn can do anything you need her to. She's probably tied with the Death Trooper as the figure from the new series that I've spent the most time posing.
* I've seen some pretty unenthusiastic reactions to this headsculpt but I think it's pretty good. It fits in with the aesthetic Hasbro has went with in this line that's not quite lifelike realism, but not caricatured either. I think it looks quite a bit like Felicity Jones. The hair is also really well done; it even has a light wash to it to bring out some more detail.
* I love the look of Sergeant Erso's outfit. It's plain Star Wars classic cool: The jacket, the boots, and the vest all go together so well. This is an incredible look and I'm sure it's going to be a popular cosplay next year. Heck, I'm a guy and I'd wear this outfit every single day if I could. It's just that slick. (I'd wear a Lando Calrissian styled cape every day if it were socially acceptable, too!)
* A closer look at Jyn's jacket and vest shows some really nice texturing on the outfit. There's also some cool little extras such as code cylinders in the pockets on the vest and some sort of clasp or device at the bottom of it.
another famous rogue: It resembles a German WW2 military pistol. While Han Solo's blaster is based on a Mauser C96, Jyn's appears to be based on a Luger P-O8. This pistol looks like it could pack a hefty punch.
* Jyn has a holster for her blaster and it's really cool. It's an actual belt that rests over her hips and hands down her right hip. It's looks awesome and works perfectly.
Jedha is a new desert moon inspired by middle-eastern holy cities, and this head wrap seems like it would fit in there nicely. It's a softer plastic piece with tails in the back that fits over Jyn's head and shoulders. As a member of the Rebellion, it makes sense to cover her head to prevent being identified by Imperial operatives. Plus, it looks really cool, too.
* My only complaint about this figure has to do with the head wrap she wears: It's really, really frustrating to take this off. Sometimes it just seems stuck on there and I feel like I'm either going to take off her head or tear the wrap. Is anyone else having this problem?
You know how a few days ago I said that the Imperial Death Trooper was my favorite figure from this series of Rogue One characters? Let me take that back: I actually like Jyn Erso better. There's just something about this figure I like and, despite her being a bit light on accessories, she just feels like an already classic Star Wars toy. She's a Great and a 1/2 figure and is well worth picking up. I have seen plenty of her on store shelves the past week or so, so Hasbro's making them. They're out there! Go find one before everyone else discovers how cool Jyn is, buys her up, and then people get mad because this toy is nowhere to be found. #BuyJynNowInsteadOfComplainingLater
This is the first action figure of Jyn Erso I've reviewed on Action Figure Barbecue. Don't worry! More are coming, though! In the meantime, check out these other Star Wars: The Black Series figures:
Star Wars: The Black Series (6 inch) by Hasbro (2013)
Luke Skywalker (Bespin Outfit)
Luke Skywalker (X-Wing Pilot)
Obi-Wan Kenobi (Revenge of the Sith)
Princess Leia (Slave Outfit)
Star Wars: The Black Series Phase II (6 inch) by Hasbro (2014)
Boba Fett (Prototype Armor)
Clone Commander Cody
Clone Trooper Captain
Clone Trooper Sergeant
Han Solo & Tauntaun
Han Solo (Stormtrooper Disguise)
Luke Skywalker (Jedi Knight)
Luke Skywalker (Stormtrooper Disguise)
Luke Skywalker & Wampa
Princess Leia Organa (Boushh)
Star Wars: The Black Series Phase III (6 inch) by Hasbro (2015)
Captain Cassian Andor (Eadu)
Darth Vader (Emperor's Wrath)
First Order Flametrooper
First Order General Hux
First Order Snowtrooper
First Order Snowtrooper Officer
First Order Special Forces TIE Fighter
First Order Stormtrooper
First Order TIE Fighter Pilot
Imperial Death Trooper
Imperial Hovertank Pilot
Imperial Shock Trooper
Kylo Ren (SDCC 2016)
Kylo Ren (Starkiller Base)
Phase 1 Clone Trooper Commander, Phase II Clone Trooper, Imperial Stormtrooper, and First Order ---Stormtrooper Officer four pack
Poe Dameron and First Order Riot Control Stormtrooper
Rey (Jakku) & BB-8
Rey (Starkiller Base)
Sandtrooper Sergeant, Crimson Stormtrooper, Lieutenant OXIXO, and R2-Q5
X-Wing Pilot Asty
Post a Comment
What'chu talkin' 'bout?