Padme Amidala, General Grievous, and the Battle Droid were all insanely welcome additions to round out the Prequel Trilogy roster and now we've got Mace Windu, another prominent Jedi to add to the ranks. Mace Windu was one of the first Prequel based toys ever released (he was a "Sneak Preview" mail away) and now, here we are at the 20th anniversary of Episode I, and I'm still getting excited over Mace Windu figures. While this Mace Windu is based on Episode II (based on the length of the sleeves of his robe), my guess is that most fans will be OK using this as an all around Prequel Trilogy as everything else is pretty similar. How crazy that thus far in 2019 there have been two figures of younger Samuel Jackson, huh? This one and the artificially de-aged version from the Captain Marvel toyline. Let's check this incredible Mace Windu figure out after the break...
Height: 6 3/8ths inches
Articulation: Swivel/hinge ankles, double hinged knees, swivel thighs,
ball jointed hips, ball jointed abdomen, butterfly pecs, swivel/ hinge shoulders,
swivel/hinge elbows, swivel/hinge wrists, a balljointed neck, and a ball jointed head.
Accessories: Lightsaber (blade and hilt) and robe.
Non-Scalper Price: $20 dollars
* Mace Windu is another slick looking figure in this line. Every time I pick up a new Jedi in this line I'm amazed that Hasbro isn't just cranking out figures of the Jedi left and right because they turn out so well. Mace is easily the best Jedi in the line at this point. His robes look excellent with appropriate textures on each piece and accurate details on his belt.
* The portrait is excellent as well. It's definitely an accurate depiction of Samuel L. Jackson from the films, meaning it's an accurate depiction of Samuel L. Jackson from between 2001-2005. The face printing and sculpt are excellent, conveying a very uncanny realism for a 1/12th scale figure. Hasbro just keeps doing better and better with these!
* Not only is Mace's outer tunic a separate piece over the torso (it looks great and adds to the Jedi's layered look) but it allows for better movement of the shoulders.
* Mace's articulation is awesome. Not only is he as solid and durable as any other Black Series figure but he has butterfly pectoral joints in addition to swivel/hinge shoulders and a balljointed neck and head. He moves great and is mega fun to pose.
* Mace has a robe! A robe! One of the most baffling decisions about the Prequel Jedi figures is that they haven't included robes. That's essentially like not giving a superhero figure a cape! Mace's robe seems to be his Episode II robe as the sleeves are long, but not crazy long (the Episode III robe has some crazy, crazy long sleeves). The fit is great, he's still perfectly poseable with the robe on, and it looks fantastic.
* Who doesn't love Mace Windu's purple lightsaber? Jango Fett; that's who! Everyone else digs it. It's a great looking saber with the standard detachable blade. The paint and sculpting on the hilt is excellent.
* The only negative I have on this figure is hard to see here but it involves the paintwork between the boots and the pants. The lower legs have a lot of brown showing through underneath the cream colored paint of Mace's pants. It's just a bit messier than I'd like.
It turns out that this is the first toy of Mace Windu I've reviewed on the site. For more Star Wars: The Black Series figures check out the following:
Siege Battalion Clone Trooper, 212th Attack Battalion Utapau Trooper,
Coruscant Guard ---(Phase II), and 501st Legion Clone Trooper 4 pack
Admiral Ackbar and First Order Officer
C-3PO (Resistance Base)
Captain Cassian Andor (Eadu)
Captain Phasma (Quicksilver Baton)
Captain Poe Dameron
Chewbacca (Target Exclusive)
Chewbacca (The Force Awakens)
Clone Captain Rex (HasCon Exclusive)
Clone Commander Gree
Clone Commander Wolffe
Darth Vader (Emperor's Wrath)
Death Star Trooper
DJ (Canto Bight)
Elite Praetorian Guard
Elite Praetorian Guard (with Heavy Blade)
Enfys Nest's Swoop Bike/ Enfys Nest
Finn (First Order Disguise)
First Order Flametrooper
First Order General Hux
First Order Snowtrooper
First Order Snowtrooper Officer
First Order Special Forces TIE Fighter
First Order Stormtrooper
First Order Stormtrooper Executioner
First Order Stormtrooper (with Gear)
First Order TIE Fighter Pilot
General Leia Organa
Grand Admiral Thrawn (SDCC Exclusive)
Grand Moff Tarkin
Guardians of Evil 4-Pack
Han Solo (Exogorth Escape)
Han Solo (Solo)
Han Solo (The Force Awakens)
Imperial AT-ACT Driver
Imperial Death Trooper
Imperial Death Trooper, Captain Cassian Andor, and Sergeant Jyn Erso (Jedha) 3 pack
Imperial Hovertank Pilot
Imperial Patrol Trooper
Imperial Shock Trooper
Imperial Royal Guard
Inferno Squad Agent
Jaina Solo (Legends)
Kylo Ren (SDCC 2016)
Kylo Ren (The Last Jedi)
Kylo Ren (Starkiller Base)
Kylo Ren (Throne Room)
Lando Calrissian (Solo)
Lando Calrissian (The Empire Strikes Back)
Lando Calrissian (Skiff Guard)
Luke Skywalker (Jedi Master)
Luke Skywalker (Jedi Master)- Ahch-To Island
Obi-Wan Kenobi (Force Spirit)
Obi-Wan Kenobi (SDCC 2016)
1 Clone Trooper Commander, Phase II Clone Trooper, Imperial
Stormtrooper, and First Order ---Stormtrooper Officer four pack
Poe Dameron and First Order Riot Control Stormtrooper
Princess Leia (Bespin Escape)
Princess Leia Organa
Princess Leia Organa (Hoth)
R2-A3, R5-K6, and R2-F2
Red Squadron (R2-D2, R5-D8, and R2-X2)
Resistance Tech Rose
Rey (Island Journey)
Rey (Jakku) & BB-8
Rey (Jedi Training)
Rey (Jedi Training)- Crait
Rey (Starkiller Base)
Rey's Speeder (Jakku)
Sandtrooper Sergeant, Crimson Stormtrooper, Lieutenant OXIXO, and R2-Q5
Scarif Stormtrooper Squad Leader
Sergeant Jyn Erso (Eadu)
Sergeant Jyn Erso (Jedha)
Stormtrooper (With Blast Accessories)
Supreme Leader Snoke (Throne Room)
Vice Admiral Holdo
X-34 Landspeeder & Luke Skywalker (SDCC Exclusive)
X-Wing Pilot Asty
- Action Figure Review Index
- Who is Barbecue17?
- My Toy Review Rating Scale!
- 31 Days of Toy Terror!
- Other Reviews and Stuff
- Barbecue17's Trading Post!
- Podcasts on The Epic Review
- Oh the Horror!: Horror Movie Reviews!
- The Batgirl Library
- The Dark Knight Gallery
- Fabulous Secret Powers
- The Harley Quinndex
- The Joker's Funhouse
- Tosche Station
- A Tour of the DC Universe Podcast