- Action Figure Review Index
- Who is Barbecue17?
- My Toy Review Rating Scale!
- 31 Days of Toy Terror!
- Top 10 Lists and Other Stuff
- Podcasts on The Epic Review
- Oh the Horror!: Horror Movie Reviews!
- The Batgirl Library
- The Dark Knight Gallery
- Fabulous Secret Powers
- Snake Mountain!
- Beast Manor
- The Harley Quinndex
- The Joker's Funhouse
- Tosche Station
- The Kessel Run
- The Crystal Castle
- Teela: Warrior Goddess
- Trap Jaw's Tourist Trap
Friday, December 4, 2015
Action Figure Review: Guavian Enforcer from Star Wars: The Black Series Phase III by Hasbro
Height: 6 1/8th inches
Articulation: Swivel/hinge ankles, double hinged knees, swivel thighs, ball jointed hips, mid torso ball joint, swivel/hinge shoulders, swivel/hinge elbows, swivel/hinge wrists, a hinged neck, and a ball jointed head.
Accessories: 2 blaster pistols
Non-Scalper Price: $19-$20 dollars
* I really do love the look of this figure! The uniform of the Guavian Enforcer definitely brings to mind some of the various background characters which appeared in the Original Trilogy in places such as Mos Eisley or Jabba's Palace. It's basic and looks like there could be a simple humanoid underneath the outfit but the various bits of armor give the Guavian Enforcer a bit more of an intentional look. This guy is more soldier than space explorer.
* There's plenty of minute details on this figure that are eye-catching once you notice them. Check out the actual jumpsuit of the figure and you'll notice an interesting pattern: It looks almost like circuitry or something. Is this some kind of special "smart" material or something? I find this really interesting!
* The Guavian Enforcer has a tactical belt around his waist and mid-section. It's covered with various pouches and some sort of small gadget on his left side. There's also an interesting 2-piece device strapped to his left hip and knee that is attached by a red wire. I wonder what all this stuff does?
* The head is the most interesting part of the sculpt. Is this a helmet or a droid head? I think I'm leaning toward this being a form fitting helmet of some kind (kind of like Jason Todd's Red Hood helmet) but there definitely seems to be some interesting tech installed within. It's also a bit battle worn with some places where the red paint has been scraped off.
*I have two problems with this figure. First, the knee joints are made from a rubbery plastic that I thought Hasbro was moving away from. Second, while the Guavian Enforcer has the same articulation as nearly every other figure in this line, it's definitely a bit more limited in places. The elbows definitely don't allow for two handed poses with any of the included blasters nor does the mid-torso joint have much of a range of motion.
I've reviewed a number of Star Wars: The Black Series figures, including:
Star Wars: The Black Series (6 inch) by Hasbro (2013)
Luke Skywalker (Bespin Outfit)
Luke Skywalker (X-Wing Pilot)
Obi-Wan Kenobi (Revenge of the Sith)
Princess Leia (Slave Outfit)
Star Wars: The Black Series Phase II (6 inch) by Hasbro (2014)
Boba Fett (Prototype Armor)
Clone Commander Cody
Clone Trooper Captain
Clone Trooper Sergeant
Han Solo (Stormtrooper Disguise)
Star Wars: The Black Series Phase III (6 inch) by Hasbro (2015)
First Order Stormtrooper