those sets that came out during the Attack of the Clones line. For $35 dollars you get a standard First Order Stormtrooper with the gear to outfit him as four different troop types. Pretty cool, really, and you can use the gear on your previous basic First Order Stormtroopers to outfit them, too. Let's see how this set turned out after the break...
Height: 6 inches
Articulation: Swivel/hinge ankles, double hinged knees, swivel thighs,
ball jointed hips, ball jointed mid torso, swivel/hinge shoulders,
swivel/hinge elbows, swivel/hinge wrists, hinged neck, and a ball
Accessories: Blaster pistol, blaster rifle, megablaster with 2 stand pieces, webgear, ammo pouch, backpack, binoculars, riot baton, and a shield.
Non-Scalper Price: $35
* Rather than using the standard First Order Stormtrooper figure from 2015, this figure uses the First Order Stormtrooper Executioner minus the black shoulder pads and paint stripe on the helmet. While the body is nearly identical to the standard 2015 trooper release the executioner helmet is a bit different and the shoulders were improved to allow for better movement. The elbow movement is still quite weak, however.
some of the Stormtroopers running around on Jakku in the film.
* The personal environment unit/ backpack is similar to the packs that were included with the First Order Snowtroopers but this one attaches to to a plug on the web gear rather than plugging into the figure's back itself.
* The megablaster, also know as the Sonn-Blas FWMB-10, is a massive rifle. Seriously, this thing is a beast and looks really cool. There's a lever of some sort on the body that it articulated as well. Kind of cool. I will admit that it's quite difficult for the figure to hold though. The stand is a necessity. Speaking of which...
* Here's the megablaster with it's stand attached! The stand is not articulated like some other versions of the megablaster (pretty sure the S.H. Figuarts version is) but this figure also doesn't cost $95 bucks, does it? I'm personally pretty jazzed to finally have this trooper variant on my shelf.
* This small pouch is included as well. It simply clips on to one of the web gear straps and looks very similar to the pouches that the Imperial Sandtroopers sported. I cannot identify the source of this pouch from the film, so if you know please clue me in!
* To create a Riot Trooper, the set includes a Z6 riot control baton. This version of the Z6 is much better than the one that came
with the Riot Control Stormtrooper in 2015:
Not only is the paint and sculpt better but the front two contact
conductor vanes actually swivel out, meaning this accessory can be
placed into "active" mode. I just wish it had some energy effects like
the Executioner Stormtrooper's weapon.
* The paintwork on this riot shield is better than the one that came with the 2-pack version of the Riot Control Trooper but the wrist loops are still problematic. There is still no sane way to get this on the figure; you'll either have to use heat to remove the hand from the peg or use brute force to yank it over his hand and arm.
Looking for more Star Wars: The Black Series action figure reviews? Then check out the following:
Siege Battalion Clone Trooper, 212th Attack Battalion Utapau Trooper,
Coruscant Guard ---(Phase II), and 501st Legion Clone Trooper 4 pack
Admiral Ackbar and First Order Officer
Captain Cassian Andor (Eadu)
Captain Poe Dameron
C-3PO (Resistance Base)
Clone Captain Rex (HasCon Exclusive)
Clone Commander Gree
Darth Vader (Emperor's Wrath)
Elite Praetorian Guard
Elite Praetorian Guard (with Heavy Blade)
Finn (First Order Disguise)
First Order Flametrooper
First Order General Hux
First Order Snowtrooper
First Order Snowtrooper Officer
First Order Special Forces TIE Fighter
First Order Stormtrooper
First Order Stormtrooper Executioner
First Order TIE Fighter Pilot
General Leia Organa
Grand Admiral Thrawn (SDCC Exclusive)
Guardians of Evil 4-Pack
Imperial AT-ACT Driver
Imperial Death Trooper
Imperial Death Trooper, Captain Cassian Andor, and Sergeant Jyn Erso (Jedha) 3 pack
Imperial Hovertank Pilot
Imperial Shock Trooper
Imperial Royal Guard
Inferno Squad Agent
Kylo Ren (SDCC 2016)
Kylo Ren (The Last Jedi)
Kylo Ren (Starkiller Base)
Luke Skywalker (Jedi Master)
Obi-Wan Kenobi (Force Spirit)
Obi-Wan Kenobi (SDCC 2016)
1 Clone Trooper Commander, Phase II Clone Trooper, Imperial
Stormtrooper, and First Order ---Stormtrooper Officer four pack
Poe Dameron and First Order Riot Control Stormtrooper
Princess Leia Organa
R2-A3, R5-K6, and R2-F2
Rey (Jakku) & BB-8
Rey (Jedi Training)
Rey (Starkiller Base)
Rey's Speeder (Jakku)
Sandtrooper Sergeant, Crimson Stormtrooper, Lieutenant OXIXO, and R2-Q5
Scarif Stormtrooper Squad Leader
Sergeant Jyn Erso (Eadu)
Sergeant Jyn Erso (Jedha)
Supreme Leader Snoke (Throne Room)
X-34 Landspeeder & Luke Skywalker (SDCC Exclusive)
X-Wing Pilot Asty
- Action Figure Review Index
- Who is Barbecue17?
- My Toy Review Rating Scale!
- 31 Days of Toy Terror!
- Top 10 Lists and Other Stuff
- Podcasts on The Epic Review
- Oh the Horror!: Horror Movie Reviews!
- The Batgirl Library
- The Dark Knight Gallery
- Fabulous Secret Powers
- Snake Mountain!
- Beast Manor
- The Harley Quinndex
- The Joker's Funhouse
- Tosche Station
- The Kessel Run
- The Crystal Castle
- Teela: Warrior Goddess
- Trap Jaw's Tourist Trap
- Cringer's Crib
- Sea of Rakash
- Evil-Lyn's Dungeon
- The Fright Zone
- The Wonderdome
Wednesday, November 22, 2017
Road to the Last Jedi: First Order Stormtrooper (with Gear) from Star Wars: The Black Series Phase III by Hasbro
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
I dont have the visual encyclopedia for episode 7 or 8, Do you know exactly what the parts are, on the ''Web-Gear'' as you called it ? I referred to it as torso-vest, or torso-gear, But what are those white rectangular items ? Possibly blaster energy packs, that plus into the larger Mega-Blaster ?ReplyDelete
The visual guide for TFA simply says calls the Stormtrooper's chest gear "web gear" and says that the white units are "extra ammunition". I'm thinking that it is exactly as you said: Extra blaster energy packs for the mega-blaster.