- Action Figure Review Index
- Who is Barbecue17?
- My Toy Review Rating Scale!
- 31 Days of Toy Terror!
- Top 10 Lists and Other Stuff
- Podcasts on The Epic Review
- Oh the Horror!: Horror Movie Reviews!
- The Batgirl Library
- The Dark Knight Gallery
- Fabulous Secret Powers
- Snake Mountain!
- Beast Manor
- The Harley Quinndex
- The Joker's Funhouse
- Tosche Station
- The Kessel Run
- The Crystal Castle
- Teela: Warrior Goddess
Friday, December 16, 2016
Road to Rogue One: Director Krennic from Star Wars: The Black Series Phase III by Hasbro
Height: 6 1/4 inches tall
Articulation: Swivel/hinge ankles, double hinged knees, swivel thighs, ball jointed hips, ball jointed mid torso, swivel/hinge shoulders, swivel/hinge elbows, swivel/hinge wrists, hinged neck, and a ball jointed head.
Accessories: Blaster pistol and cloak
Non-Scalper Price: $20 dollars
* I'm going to mention a flaw with Krennic's articulation in a minute, but right now let me say that overall I really like it. As it par for the course with this line, barring Clones or Stormtroopers, Krennic is a completely unique sculpt. He also can take some really cool poses while wielding his blaster. The quality is excellent here.
* I like Krennic's headsculpt. I'm not sure the hair is the right color, but I like the dour expression on his face. It just seems fitting for a high ranking Imperial.
* Krennic's white Imperial dress uniform looks great. The white is quite bright and definitely stands out from most other Imperial leaders. His rank insignia plaque looks really nice, too. I love the neatness on each square on the grid.
* Rather than a cloth cloak, Direcor Krennic comes with a plastic cloak. While it definitely reminds me of the Power of the Force II days, it actually looks pretty good. Considering the rest of the outfit is plastic, it meshes well. It's also easily removable and gives you two different ways to display Krennic.
* Check out those shiny boots and flared trousers? The Imperials might be a bunch of space fascists but darn are they snappy dressers!
* I'm really digging Krennic's blaster pistol. It has a great design and a nice handle that looks like it might be made of wood. I'm also digging the scope.
* Krennic's pistol fits perfectly in the pistol on his right hip. It fits in with the handle facing forward, so I'm assuming that means Krennic is a lefty.
* The biggest problem with this figure is that the shoulders don't have the best range of motion. The tunic kind of interferes with Krennic's shoulders, keeping them from moving closer to his mid section.
* There are definitely some paint issues on Krennic's holster and belt buckle that look a little sloppy. It's just some edge work but it's a bit sloppy.
I've actually reviewed one other toy of Director Orson Krennic: The Micro Machines Krennic microfigure from the "Fight the Imperial Might" set.
If you're looking for more Star Wars: The Black Series Phase III figures, check out the following:
Captain Cassian Andor (Eadu)
Darth Vader (Emperor's Wrath)
First Order Flametrooper
First Order General Hux
First Order Snowtrooper
First Order Snowtrooper Officer
First Order Special Forces TIE Fighter
First Order Stormtrooper
First Order TIE Fighter Pilot
Imperial Death Trooper
Imperial Death Trooper, Captain Cassian Andor, and Sergeant Jyn Erso (Jedha) 3 pack
Imperial Hovertank Pilot
Imperial Shock Trooper
Kylo Ren (SDCC 2016)
Kylo Ren (Starkiller Base)
Obi-Wan Kenobi (SDCC 2016)
Phase 1 Clone Trooper Commander, Phase II Clone Trooper, Imperial Stormtrooper, and First Order ---Stormtrooper Officer four pack
Poe Dameron and First Order Riot Control Stormtrooper
Princess Leia Organa
Rey (Jakku) & BB-8
Rey (Starkiller Base)
Sandtrooper Sergeant, Crimson Stormtrooper, Lieutenant OXIXO, and R2-Q5
Sergeant Jyn Erso (Eadu)
Sergeant Jyn Erso (Jedha)
X-Wing Pilot Asty