- Action Figure Review Index
- Who is Barbecue17?
- My Toy Review Rating Scale!
- 31 Days of Toy Terror!
- Other Reviews and Stuff
- Barbecue17's Trading Post!
- Podcasts on The Epic Review
- Oh the Horror!: Horror Movie Reviews!
- The Batgirl Library
- The Dark Knight Gallery
- Fabulous Secret Powers
- Snake Mountain!
- The Harley Quinndex
- The Joker's Funhouse
- Tosche Station
- A Tour of the DC Universe Podcast
Monday, October 14, 2019
The Scream of 31 Days of Toy Terror: Wampa #60 from Star Wars Miniatures by Wizards of the Coast
Height: 1 7/8ths inches
Accessories: Game card
Series Number: Rebel Storm 60/60.
Original Retail Price: $13 for a booster pack of 7 figures.
Year of Release: 2004
* The Wampa is pretty large. His head is lower on his body, so on paper he seems shorter, but he rather wide and flailing his arm about while looking for some lunch! He is permanently mounted to a snow covered base. Flip him over and many of the game details are present. You'll need the game card to fully play, though, but I don't have mine around at the moment.
* The sculpt is awesome. For the size, these are more the quality of something you'd see from Games Worshop or something rather than many other miniature games. I love the paint detail here! Despite it being a mass produced, blindboxed item it really has the look and feel of a handpainted gaming miniature.
* The fur is phenomenal. I love the detail, the drybrushing effects, and the amount of texture on the Wampa. I've always loved Wampas and this is definitely one of my favorite representations of the character even though it's smaller than a vintage R2-D2 figure.
* The Wampa didn't show up to this party alone, though! Nope, he brought a snack! Yeah, the Wampa has part of a Tauntaun leg with him. Yummy!
If you need more Wampas in your life, check out my review of the Wampa from the Black Series Luke Skywalker and Wampa 2-pack and the Wampa mini-head from the Micro Machines Mini Heads set.