Kylo Ren. Hux is part of the fourth series of figures in Phase III of The Black Series and is hitting some store shelves right now. He was a Christmas gift from my parents! Ready for a closer look at General Hux? Then join me after the break...
Height: 6 1/4 inches tall
Articulation: Swivel/hinge ankles, double hinged knees, swivel thighs, ball jointed hips, ball jointed waist, swivel/hinge shoulders, swivel/hinge elbows, swivel/hinge wrists, hinged neck, and a ball jointed head.
Accessories: Removable coat and a SE-44C pistol.
Non-Scalper Price: $20 dollars
* You know what I love about this figure? For one, he actually looks pretty decent if you remove his jacket. The jacket is just a "shell" piece for the torso but the sleeves match the uniform fairly well. At a glance, it's tough to differentiate this from Hux's standard outfit. It's not often that a figure with a removable outfit piece like this looks OK but Hux bucks the trend. That's First Order efficiency for you!
* At first I thought this figure looked a bit too generic but, as I held it up to some photos of General Hux, I changed my mind. It definitely looks looks like Hux in person. The uniform is great, too, and Hux's uniform is incredibly well sculpted. There's a ton of detail on his shirt and his black books actually look shiny and reflective. He's also rocking the flared-hip breaches.
* I really like General Hux's coat. It's made of Gaberwool and has some decent sculpted detail to add to the sleek, authoritarian vibe that anyone wearing this greatcoat would have. As I mentioned above, it is pretty easy to remove and doesn't feel the least bit flimsy. It's rather intimidating, even for a 6 inch action figure.
* General Hux only comes with one true accessory: His modified SE-44C blaster pistol. It's the same weapon that comes with the First Order Tie Fighter Pilots although the bolts on the front and back are painted. Apparently, in universe, the trigger is coded to only fire when it reads Hux's fingerprint. Of course, he's wearing gloves, so will it work?
* I just know that it certainly cannot be First Order regulation to wear one's command cap askew. Unfortunately, my Hux is trying to add some swag into his demeanor and thus his cap wasn't glued on perfectly straight. I usually wouldn't care about just a little bit of crookedness on a figure but this is the First Order: Those nerf herders are sticklers for details.
* Hux us supposed to be a ginger (actor Domhnall Gleeson played a Weasley, you know) but this hair really comes across as more blonde. I definitely think a darker color was in order. Fortunately, they did capture his sweet sideburns, always the hallmark of a good Imperial or First Order officer.
I've reviewed plenty of Star Wars: The Black Series figures from Hasbro 6 inch scaled line, including:
Star Wars: The Black Series (6 inch) by Hasbro (2013)
Luke Skywalker (Bespin Outfit)
Luke Skywalker (X-Wing Pilot)
Obi-Wan Kenobi (Revenge of the Sith)
Princess Leia (Slave Outfit)
Star Wars: The Black Series Phase II (6 inch) by Hasbro (2014)
Boba Fett (Prototype Armor)
Clone Commander Cody
Clone Trooper Captain
Clone Trooper Sergeant
Han Solo (Stormtrooper Disguise)
Star Wars: The Black Series Phase III (6 inch) by Hasbro (2015)
First Order Snowtrooper Officer
First Order Stormtrooper
Kylo Ren (Starkiller Base)
1 Clone Trooper Commander, Phase II Clone Trooper, Imperial
Stormtrooper, and First Order ---Stormtrooper Officer four pack
Poe Dameron and First Order Riot Control Stormtrooper
Rey (Jakku) & BB-8
Sandtrooper Sergeant, Crimson Stormtrooper, Lieutenant OXIXO, and R2-Q5
- Action Figure Review Index
- Who is Barbecue17?
- My Toy Review Rating Scale!
- 31 Days of Toy Terror!
- Top 10 Lists and Other Stuff
- Podcasts on The Epic Review
- Oh the Horror!: Horror Movie Reviews!
- The Batgirl Library
- The Dark Knight Gallery
- Fabulous Secret Powers
- Snake Mountain!
- Beast Manor
- The Harley Quinndex
- The Joker's Funhouse
- Tosche Station
- The Kessel Run
- The Crystal Castle
- Teela: Warrior Goddess
- Trap Jaw's Tourist Trap
- Cringer's Crib
- Sea of Rakash
- Evil-Lyn's Dungeon
- The Fright Zone
- The Wonderdome
- Spawn Alley
- The Royal Junkyard
- Fortress Vader
- The Fortress of Solitude