now-assembled ESB bounty hunters, my next most anticipated subset in the Black Series has been the crew of the Ghost, also know as the Spectres. I love Star Wars: Rebels; it's not only one of my favorite Star Wars things since Disney's take over of Star Wars but probably one of my favorite Star Wars things in general. The crew of the Ghost managed to not only be incredible characters but also had some of the most visually appealing character designs ever seen in Star Wars. The Rebels crew managed to have classic Star Wars looks while also having very colorful, appealing color schemes, a balance that the Sequel Trilogy has really struggled with finding in costume designs. Ezra changed and matured a lot during the Rebels, though this figure depicts him during the earlier seasons of the show. Let's take a look at young Ezra Bridger, aka Spectre 6, after the break...
Height: 5 1/2 inches
Articulation: Swivel/hinge ankles, double hinged knees, swivel
thighs, double ball jointed hips, ball jointed mid-torso, swivel/hinge
shoulders, swivel/hinge elbows, swivel/hinge wrists, balljointed neck, and a
Accessories: Imperial Cadet helmet, lightsaber w/ removable blade, belt, and removable vest.
Non-Scalper Price: $20 dollars
* I love how Hasbro has translated the animated appearances of the Rebels crew into the more realistic style of the Black Series toyline, making this feel like it was based off of an actual human actor. Ezra looks fantastic and his orange flightsuit and rugged brown vest really makes him stand out on the shelf. The paintwork and sculpting of the material of his costume is fantastic and perfectly captures Ezra's looking during Rebels seasons 1 and 2. Again, I love how the character design is colorful and stands out yet still manages to feel very classically Star Wars.
* The headsculpt is fantastic. This is definitely one of the best portraits I've seen in this line because even without being based on an actual actor, there's still a lifelike quality to the design. The paintwork and face printing look excellent here. I can still see some of the resemblance to Aladdin that folks joked about early in the series, but that's no issue: This is still a darn fine sculpt.
* The body of Ezra's vest is removable, although the sleeves aren't. That's to say you probably won't want to remove it as he'll just have floating sleeves. The texture of the vest is excellent and the design on the pack is very well done.
* Ezra is wearing a very complex belt that is actually removable. There is a peg around back that can be unplugged to allow for the belt to be removed by sliding the straps down over the legs. On the right is a comlink and a spot to hold his lightsaber (more on that in a minute) while the left has a large pouch for storage.
* Ezra's legs are very authentic to the show with the right shin having some random pieces of armor and the left leg having a knee pad exposed due to the flight suit being torn above the knee.
* One of Ezra's most endearing characteristics was the way he collected Imperial helmets. Hasbro included an Imperial cadet helmet with Ezra and it looks fantastic. Based on the Ralph McQuarrie preproduction art for the Snowtrooper, the Imperial cadet helmet has a terrific design with excellent, clean paint applications. It also fits quite securely on Ezra's noggin.
* Ezra also includes his lightsaber from the earlier seasons of the show. Ezra's lightsaber is unique in that it actually has a blaster built into the handle (Ezra and Kanan are fairly unconventional Jedi, after all). It's a cool design and the paint applications on it look great.
* The lightsaber blade is removable from the hilt but, for some reason, this one feels a bit less sturdy than others. I'm really worried about breakage here, so I'm kind of planning on sticking it on and leaving it on. I wish Hasbro would move towards using solid sabers and just including extra hilts for display.
* Ezra's lightsaber is supposed to hang on the little hook on his left hip but it doesn't. The hook is too large and the loop on the lightsaber is too small. Bad design, I'm afraid.
This isn't the first Ezra Bridger figure I've reviewed. I've also reviewed the Rebels: Saga Legends Ezra Bridger back in 2014.
For more Star Wars: The Black Series figures check out the following:
0-0-0 (Triple Zero)
Siege Battalion Clone Trooper, 212th Attack Battalion Utapau Trooper,
Coruscant Guard ---(Phase II), and 501st Legion Clone Trooper 4 pack
Admiral Ackbar and First Order Officer
C-3PO (Resistance Base)
Captain Cassian Andor (Eadu)
Captain Phasma (Quicksilver Baton)
Captain Poe Dameron
Chewbacca (Target Exclusive)
Chewbacca (The Force Awakens)
Clone Captain Rex (HasCon Exclusive)
Clone Commander Gree
Clone Commander Wolffe
Darth Vader (Emperor's Wrath)
Death Star Trooper
DJ (Canto Bight)
Elite Praetorian Guard
Elite Praetorian Guard (with Heavy Blade)
Enfys Nest's Swoop Bike/ Enfys Nest
Finn (First Order Disguise)
First Order Flametrooper
First Order General Hux
First Order Snowtrooper
First Order Snowtrooper Officer
First Order Special Forces TIE Fighter
First Order Stormtrooper
First Order Stormtrooper Executioner
First Order Stormtrooper (with Gear)
First Order TIE Fighter Pilot
General Leia Organa
Grand Admiral Thrawn (SDCC Exclusive)
Grand Moff Tarkin
Guardians of Evil 4-Pack
Han Solo (Exogorth Escape)
Han Solo (Mimban)
Han Solo (Solo)
Han Solo (The Force Awakens)
Imperial AT-ACT Driver
Imperial Death Trooper
Imperial Death Trooper, Captain Cassian Andor, and Sergeant Jyn Erso (Jedha) 3 pack
Imperial Hovertank Pilot
Imperial Patrol Trooper
Imperial Shock Trooper
Imperial Royal Guard
Inferno Squad Agent
Jaina Solo (Legends)
Kylo Ren (SDCC 2016)
Kylo Ren (The Last Jedi)
Kylo Ren (Starkiller Base)
Kylo Ren (Throne Room)
Lando Calrissian (Solo)
Lando Calrissian (The Empire Strikes Back)
Lando Calrissian (Skiff Guard)
Luke Skywalker (Death Star Escape)
Luke Skywalker (Jedi Master)
Luke Skywalker (Jedi Master)- Ahch-To Island
Obi-Wan Kenobi (Force Spirit)
Obi-Wan Kenobi (SDCC 2016)
1 Clone Trooper Commander, Phase II Clone Trooper, Imperial
Stormtrooper, and First Order ---Stormtrooper Officer four pack
Poe Dameron and First Order Riot Control Stormtrooper
Princess Leia (Bespin Escape)
Princess Leia Organa
Princess Leia Organa (Hoth)
R2-A3, R5-K6, and R2-F2
Red Squadron (R2-D2, R5-D8, and R2-X2)
Resistance Tech Rose
Rey (Island Journey)
Rey (Jakku) & BB-8
Rey (Jedi Training)
Rey (Jedi Training)- Crait
Rey (Starkiller Base)
Rey's Speeder (Jakku)
Sandtrooper Sergeant, Crimson Stormtrooper, Lieutenant OXIXO, and R2-Q5
Scarif Stormtrooper Squad Leader
Sergeant Jyn Erso (Eadu)
Sergeant Jyn Erso (Jedha)
Stormtrooper (With Blast Accessories)
Supreme Leader Snoke (Throne Room)
Vice Admiral Holdo
X-34 Landspeeder & Luke Skywalker (SDCC Exclusive)
X-Wing Pilot Asty
- Action Figure Review Index
- Who is Barbecue17?
- My Toy Review Rating Scale!
- 31 Days of Toy Terror!
- Top 10 Lists and Other Stuff
- Podcasts on The Epic Review
- Oh the Horror!: Horror Movie Reviews!
- The Batgirl Library
- The Dark Knight Gallery
- Fabulous Secret Powers
- Snake Mountain!
- Beast Manor
- The Harley Quinndex
- The Joker's Funhouse
- Tosche Station
- The Kessel Run
- The Crystal Castle
- Teela: Warrior Goddess
- Trap Jaw's Tourist Trap
- Cringer's Crib