FN-2187, Han Solo, and a Flametrooper. Ready for a closer look at Boba Fett's dad? Then join me after the break...
Height: 6 1/4 inches
Articulation: Swivel/hinge ankles, double hinged knees, swivel thighs,
ball jointed hips, ball jointed mid torso, swivel/hinge shoulders,
bicep swivels, swivel/hinge elbows, swivel forearms, swivel/hinge wrists, hinged neck, and a ball
Accessories: Jetpack, two WESTAR-34 blaster pistols, and a helmet.
Non-Scalper Price: $20 dollars
* Not only is Jango Fett as well articulated as any other Black Series figure but he's actually even more so! Because of his gauntlets and the wires that run from them to his shoulders, Jango has the additional articulation points of a bicep swivel and forearm swivels. This is a great figure for posing and playing around with and I've been having a blast with him.
* Jango's armor and flight suit look incredible! Not only is the sculpting accurate but the paintwork is far above the flat colors we see on many of Hasbro's figures. The heavy dry-brushing on Jango's armor and gauntlets looks really nice and gives the figure a very weathered and rugged appearance. I love all of Jango's armaments are included, down to the rocket-dart launchers on his kneepads.
* Like an old west gunfighter, Jango Fett likes to keep his dual blaster pistols on his hips. The WESTAR-34 blasters fit nicely in the holsters and the belt and attached utility pouches look pretty sharp. The holsters and belt aren't removable but they are separate pieces that can shift around a bit to look better in certain poses.
Boba Fett would later famously wield. The jetpack depicted here, however, is the one that Jango uses on Geonosis during his fatal confrontation with Mace Windu. It's a smaller, more heavily armored pack and it looks great. Not only is the sculpt and paintwork great on this bad boy but it also stays firmly attached to Jango's back. It should be noted that Jango and Boba's jetpacks are not interchangeable.
* Rather than an interchangeable helmeted head, Jango Fett comes with a removable helmet. I think it looks pretty slick and appropriately proportioned. Sometimes removable helmets look too large but this one seems just right to me. Plus you can have Jango hold it as an accessory if you want, which is harder to due with an actual swappable head.
* There's one problem with this figure and it's not the Temuera Morrison headsculpt, which is really pretty good: It's the crazy eyebrows. They just look so fake and awkward. You can even kind of see where the eyebrows are sculpted but paintwork is just a giant stamp over them. Maybe Elaine drew these eyebrows on Jango, just like she drew on Uncle Leo's eyebrows.
This is the first Jango Fett action figure I've reviewed on Action Figure Barbecue (although it is definitely not the first I've owned). I've reviewed plenty of other Star Wars Black figures, though, including:
Star Wars: The Black Series (6 inch) by Hasbro (2013)
Luke Skywalker (Bespin Outfit)
Luke Skywalker (X-Wing Pilot)
Obi-Wan Kenobi (Revenge of the Sith)
Princess Leia (Slave Outfit)
Star Wars: The Black Series Phase II (6 inch) by Hasbro (2014)
Boba Fett (Prototype Armor)
Clone Commander Cody
Clone Trooper Captain
Clone Trooper Sergeant
Han Solo (Stormtrooper Disguise)
Star Wars: The Black Series Phase III (6 inch) by Hasbro (2015)
First Order General Hux
First Order Snowtrooper Officer
First Order Special Forces TIE Fighter
First Order Stormtrooper
First Order TIE Fighter Pilot
Imperial Shock Trooper
Kylo Ren (Starkiller Base)
1 Clone Trooper Commander, Phase II Clone Trooper, Imperial
Stormtrooper, and First Order ---Stormtrooper Officer four pack
Poe Dameron and First Order Riot Control Stormtrooper
Rey (Jakku) & BB-8
Sandtrooper Sergeant, Crimson Stormtrooper, Lieutenant OXIXO, and R2-Q5
- Action Figure Review Index
- Who is Barbecue17?
- My Toy Review Rating Scale!
- 31 Days of Toy Terror!
- Top 10 Lists and Other Stuff
- Podcasts on The Epic Review
- Oh the Horror!: Horror Movie Reviews!
- The Batgirl Library
- The Dark Knight Gallery
- Fabulous Secret Powers
- Snake Mountain!
- Beast Manor
- The Harley Quinndex
- The Joker's Funhouse
- Tosche Station
- The Kessel Run
- The Crystal Castle
- Teela: Warrior Goddess
- Trap Jaw's Tourist Trap
- Cringer's Crib
- Sea of Rakash
- Evil-Lyn's Dungeon
- The Fright Zone
- The Wonderdome
- Spawn Alley
- The Royal Junkyard
- Fortress Vader
- The Fortress of Solitude