face printing technology that Hasbro has been using on some of their Marvel Legends figures. That means you're getting the most realistic Daisy Ridley likeness you are going to find in this scale! Let's check out this cool new version of Rey after the break...
Height:5 5/8ths inches
Articulation:Swivel/hinge ankles, double hinged knees,
swivel thighs, balljointed hips, balljointed mid-torso, swivel/hinge
shoulders, swivel/hinge elbows, swivel/hinge wrists, hinged neck, and a
Accessories: Staff, 2-piece lightsaber (hilt and blade), blaster pistol, and cloak.
Non-Scalper Price:$20 dollars
* I love this outfit and I kind of wish Rey had worn it a bit more in The Last Jedi. It's a very cool look that mixes a few different styles together. Technically the vest is removable but it is very tight. So tight that I'm not sure I'd be able to get it back on. Still, if you wanted a Rey figure with a different appearance, you could remove it.
* The texture on the vest is very impressive. I love the detail in the fabric and the various sculpted details.
* I also really like the detail work on the arm wraps and the wrist guards on Rey's right wrist.
* The articulation is excellent, which has been the case with most of the Black Series figures. The Black Series definitely has one of the best blends of plentiful articulation with solid sculpting available at mass retail. Rey can take some excellent poses and is just a delight to mess around with. She's sturdy, too, so no worries about breakage.
* Rey also comes with her signature staff. It's not perfect, but it seems to have a
bit sharper of a sculpt than the Jakku verson of Rey had. I think the
strap is more effectively placed, too, so that Rey can wear it across
* Rey's third now "signature" accessory is the NN-14 blaster pistol that Han Solo gave to Rey on Takodana. This
is an incredible design and Hasbro nailed it. The weathering on it is
pretty slick, too.
* The blaster fits perfectly into the holster on Rey's right hip. Nice.
* So, Rey comes with an oversized poncho and it's...just OK. The quality is good; the materials feel sturdy and durable with nice stitching, but the fit just seems kind of awkward. The hood seems cool but it is sewed to the back of the poncho/ cloak.
I've reviewed a couple of Rey figures including Hasbro's Black Series Rey (Jakku) & BB-8, the K-Mart exclusive Rey (Starkiller Base), Rey with her Speeder, Rey (Jedi Training), and the Toys R Us exclusive Rey (Jedi Training) on Crait. I've also checked out the Micro Machines Speeder Chase set that includes a micro Rey on her Speeder.
For more Star Wars: The Black Series figures, check out the following:
Siege Battalion Clone Trooper, 212th Attack Battalion Utapau Trooper,
Coruscant Guard ---(Phase II), and 501st Legion Clone Trooper 4 pack
Admiral Ackbar and First Order Officer
Captain Cassian Andor (Eadu)
Captain Poe Dameron
C-3PO (Resistance Base)
Clone Captain Rex (HasCon Exclusive)
Clone Commander Gree
Darth Vader (Emperor's Wrath)
DJ (Canto Bight)
Elite Praetorian Guard
Elite Praetorian Guard (with Heavy Blade)
Finn (First Order Disguise)
First Order Flametrooper
First Order General Hux
First Order Snowtrooper
First Order Snowtrooper Officer
First Order Special Forces TIE Fighter
First Order Stormtrooper
First Order Stormtrooper Executioner
First Order Stormtrooper (with Gear)
First Order TIE Fighter Pilot
General Leia Organa
Grand Admiral Thrawn (SDCC Exclusive)
Guardians of Evil 4-Pack
Imperial AT-ACT Driver
Imperial Death Trooper
Imperial Death Trooper, Captain Cassian Andor, and Sergeant Jyn Erso (Jedha) 3 pack
Imperial Hovertank Pilot
Imperial Shock Trooper
Imperial Royal Guard
Inferno Squad Agent
Jaina Solo (Legends)
Kylo Ren (SDCC 2016)
Kylo Ren (The Last Jedi)
Kylo Ren (Starkiller Base)
Kylo Ren (Throne Room)
Luke Skywalker (Jedi Master)
Luke Skywalker (Jedi Master)- Ahch-To Island
Obi-Wan Kenobi (Force Spirit)
Obi-Wan Kenobi (SDCC 2016)
1 Clone Trooper Commander, Phase II Clone Trooper, Imperial
Stormtrooper, and First Order ---Stormtrooper Officer four pack
Poe Dameron and First Order Riot Control Stormtrooper
Princess Leia Organa
R2-A3, R5-K6, and R2-F2
Resistance Tech Rose
Rey (Jakku) & BB-8
Rey (Jedi Training)
Rey (Jedi Training)- Crait
Rey (Starkiller Base)
Rey's Speeder (Jakku)
Sandtrooper Sergeant, Crimson Stormtrooper, Lieutenant OXIXO, and R2-Q5
Scarif Stormtrooper Squad Leader
Sergeant Jyn Erso (Eadu)
Sergeant Jyn Erso (Jedha)
Supreme Leader Snoke (Throne Room)
X-34 Landspeeder & Luke Skywalker (SDCC Exclusive)
X-Wing Pilot Asty
- Action Figure Review Index
- Who is Barbecue17?
- My Toy Review Rating Scale!
- 31 Days of Toy Terror!
- Top 10 Lists and Other Stuff
- Podcasts on The Epic Review
- Oh the Horror!: Horror Movie Reviews!
- The Batgirl Library
- The Dark Knight Gallery
- Fabulous Secret Powers
- Snake Mountain!
- Beast Manor
- The Harley Quinndex
- The Joker's Funhouse
- Tosche Station
- The Kessel Run
- The Crystal Castle
- Teela: Warrior Goddess
- Trap Jaw's Tourist Trap
- Cringer's Crib
- Sea of Rakash
- Evil-Lyn's Dungeon
- The Fright Zone
- The Wonderdome
Sunday, March 18, 2018
Road to Solo: Rey (Island Journey) from Star Wars: The Black Series Phase III by Hasbro
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment
What'chu talkin' 'bout?