Obi-Wan Kenobi, Kylo Ren, Luke's Landspeeder, Grand Admiral Thrawn, Jabba the Hutt, and Boba Fett with Han Solo in Carbonite, this version of Han Solo is being released as a standard release simply called Han Solo (Bespin). Of course, that version misses out on all of the great accessories this figure has meaning that if you want the Mynock, hydrospanner, and other cool extras, you're going to have to pick up the exclusive complete with the SDCC tax. Since I didn't want any other SDCC exclusives this year I didn't mind going ahead and order this one on the secondary market. It turns out that he's probably one of the best Black Series figures that has been released yet though not without some faults. Let's check it out after the break...
Height: 6 inches
Articulation: Swivel/hinge ankles, double hinged knees, swivel thighs,
balljointed hips, balljonted mid-torso, swivel/hinge shoulders,
swivel/hinge elbows, swivel/hinge wrists, balljointed neck, and a double balljointed head.
Accessories: DL-44 Heavy Blaster pistol, hydrospanner, Mynock, alternate pointing finger, and a breathing mask.
Non-Scalper Price: $35 dollars
* First things first: Han Solo looks incredible in this outfit. I have to admit (and I reckon that I'm not alone considering the jacket is going up for auction soon for around $1.3 million dollars) that this is probably my favorite Han Solo outfit. There's something about this stylish dark blue jacket coupled with the cool white shirt and brown pants that absolutely works. This outfit is darn perfect and Hasbro nailed the look of the figure. I really like the new method of making the neck a separate piece and inserting it into the collar of the shirt (it is a balljoint, by the way). It looks perfect.
* One of the coolest things about this release is that Han comes with an alternate Ford Finger for some angry pointing. It swaps out easily and looks great. I love these expressive hands and they seem like something that more Star Wars: The Black Series figures need to include, particularly Jedi figures. This is exclusive to the SDCC release of the figure.
* Another exclusive accessory is the hydrospanner, one of the various tools used by Han, Leia, and Chewie to fix the Millennium Falcon. It's a simple accessory but the sculpt is nice and it's a fun extra for the character. The upcoming Leia in Hoth gear also comes with some cool stuff, so it's nice to have a Star Wars cool kit in the making.
* Last, but not least, is Han's DL-44 blaster pistol. This looks just like the model from Episode V (though I wish the tip were silver) and it fits in Han's hand perfectly.
* Han's holster is very nicely painted, features all of the necessary details, and perfectly carries the DL-44 blaster at Han's right hip. Also, check out the yellow stripes on Han's pants. They look great.
* The biggest draw for this set is probably the inclusion of the Mynock, one of the scold of Mynocks that inhabit the stomach of the Exogorth. The Mynock is really nicely sculpted and has some great paintwork to bring out all of the fine details. The wings even have a translucent quality to them, which is a really nice touch.
* The underside of the Mynock also has some great detail. I love the work on the creature's incredibly strange mouth.
* From most angles, Han Solo looks perfect, but when you look at him from the front there is something about the mouth and cheeks that seems a bit off. Is the face too thick? This definitely reminds me of a 90's Harrison Ford (maybe somewhere around The Fugitive or Air Force One) rather than the 1979/1980 Ford from Empire.
If you're looking for more Han Solo reviews I've also reviewed the POP! Hoth Han Solo with Tauntaun #125, the Black Series Han Solo & Tauntaun, the Ice Planet Hoth Micro Machines playset with a Han Solo on a Tauntaun microfigure, and the vintage Han Solo in Hoth Gear, as well as plenty more toys of Han: The Galoob Classic Characters microfigure, the Micro Machines C-3PO Cantina w/ a Han Solo microfigure, the Black Series basic Han Solo, Han Solo (Stormtrooper Disguise), the Solo Han Solo, and The Force Awakens Han Solo, the Hero Mashers Han Solo Vs. Boba Fett two-pack, the Micro Force series 1 Han Solo, the Disney Infinity Han Solo, and the POTF2 Kellogg's Han Solo in Stormtrooper Disguise.
For more Star Wars: The Black Series figures, check out the following:
Siege Battalion Clone Trooper, 212th Attack Battalion Utapau Trooper,
Coruscant Guard ---(Phase II), and 501st Legion Clone Trooper 4 pack
Admiral Ackbar and First Order Officer
Captain Cassian Andor (Eadu)
Captain Poe Dameron
C-3PO (Resistance Base)
Chewbacca (Target Exclusive)
Chewbacca (The Force Awakens)
Clone Captain Rex (HasCon Exclusive)
Clone Commander Gree
Clone Commander Wolffe
Darth Vader (Emperor's Wrath)
Death Star Trooper
DJ (Canto Bight)
Elite Praetorian Guard
Elite Praetorian Guard (with Heavy Blade)
Finn (First Order Disguise)
First Order Flametrooper
First Order General Hux
First Order Snowtrooper
First Order Snowtrooper Officer
First Order Special Forces TIE Fighter
First Order Stormtrooper
First Order Stormtrooper Executioner
First Order Stormtrooper (with Gear)
First Order TIE Fighter Pilot
General Leia Organa
Grand Admiral Thrawn (SDCC Exclusive)
Grand Moff Tarkin
Guardians of Evil 4-Pack
Han Solo (Solo)
Han Solo (The Force Awakens)
Imperial AT-ACT Driver
Imperial Death Trooper
Imperial Death Trooper, Captain Cassian Andor, and Sergeant Jyn Erso (Jedha) 3 pack
Imperial Hovertank Pilot
Imperial Shock Trooper
Imperial Royal Guard
Inferno Squad Agent
Jaina Solo (Legends)
Kylo Ren (SDCC 2016)
Kylo Ren (The Last Jedi)
Kylo Ren (Starkiller Base)
Kylo Ren (Throne Room)
Lando Calrissian (Solo)
Lando Calrissian (The Empire Strikes Back)
Luke Skywalker (Jedi Master)
Luke Skywalker (Jedi Master)- Ahch-To Island
Obi-Wan Kenobi (Force Spirit)
Obi-Wan Kenobi (SDCC 2016)
1 Clone Trooper Commander, Phase II Clone Trooper, Imperial
Stormtrooper, and First Order ---Stormtrooper Officer four pack
Poe Dameron and First Order Riot Control Stormtrooper
Princess Leia Organa
R2-A3, R5-K6, and R2-F2
Resistance Tech Rose
Rey (Island Journey)
Rey (Jakku) & BB-8
Rey (Jedi Training)
Rey (Jedi Training)- Crait
Rey (Starkiller Base)
Rey's Speeder (Jakku)
Sandtrooper Sergeant, Crimson Stormtrooper, Lieutenant OXIXO, and R2-Q5
Scarif Stormtrooper Squad Leader
Sergeant Jyn Erso (Eadu)
Sergeant Jyn Erso (Jedha)
Supreme Leader Snoke (Throne Room)
X-34 Landspeeder & Luke Skywalker (SDCC Exclusive)
X-Wing Pilot Asty
- Action Figure Review Index
- Who is Barbecue17?
- My Toy Review Rating Scale!
- 31 Days of Toy Terror!
- Top 10 Lists and Other Stuff
- Podcasts on The Epic Review
- Oh the Horror!: Horror Movie Reviews!
- The Batgirl Library
- The Dark Knight Gallery
- Fabulous Secret Powers
- Snake Mountain!
- Beast Manor
- The Harley Quinndex
- The Joker's Funhouse
- Tosche Station
- The Kessel Run
- The Crystal Castle
- Teela: Warrior Goddess
- Trap Jaw's Tourist Trap
- Cringer's Crib
- Sea of Rakash
- Evil-Lyn's Dungeon
- The Fright Zone
- The Wonderdome
Saturday, August 11, 2018
Action Figure Review: Han Solo (Exogorth Escape) from Star Wars: The Black Series Phase III by Hasbro
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
If I get any Bespin Han, I want it for this. Who can say no to a Mynock AND "The Ford Finger?" :DReplyDelete
The Ford Finger is definitely one of the accessories of the year!Delete