Qi'ra is the other) meaning that unless Hasbro repacks this guy down the road he is probably going to be difficult to find. Seriously, Hasbro: You really should have double packed this guy! Original Trilogy figure + Empire Strikes Back + bounty hunter equals hot commodity! Let's check out the lovable 4-LOM after the break...
Height: 5 3/4ths inches
Articulation: Swivel/hinge ankles, hinged knees, swivel thighs,
balljointed hips, balljointed mid-torso, swivel/hinge shoulders, swivel
shoulder covers, bicep swivel/hinge elbows with hinged pistons, swivel/hinge wrists, and a double balljointed
Accessories: DLT-19 Heavy blaster rifle
Non-Scalper Price: $20 dollars
* 4-LOM looks near-perfect. Being a protocol droid with a head modeled after the Gand species, 4-LOM contains a great mixture of both droid and alien in his design. While the figure is completely new from the waist up, 4-LOM does reuse the legs and possibly pelvis of C-3PO. This is accurate to the film and the in-universe lore, so I can dig it. The plated armor features some excellent detailing and a great paint job that captures the look of the droid bounty hunter.
* One of the coolest features is the functioning piston hinge on 4-LOM's elbows. Unlike C-3PO, who featured non-articulated elbows, 4-LOM has a piston that is on a balljoint which attaches into a groove on the forearm. Moving the elbow joint in and out makes the piston function. Very, very cool design!
* 4-LOM is a LOM series protocol droid featuring a head based off of the appearance of the Gand species, this explaining his insect-like appearance and his resemblance to Gand bounty hunter Zuckuss (whose names were switched in the vintage Kenner line). The paintwork and sculpt of the head is incredible, especially the detail on the eyes.
* Want to know something else cool about the eyes? 4-LOM's eyes are translucent and green, just like the movie prop helmet. It's tough to see but shine a bright light around the figure and the eyes glow a brilliant green.
* The figure features a very worn and battered paintjob that makes the droid look very worn and rusty. Hasbro went all out here and did an excellent job of capturing the droid's appearance. He's really in need of a good oil bath, isn't he?
* The blaster rifle has no paint applications on it, which makes it look kind of cheap. Most figures lately have features some excellent paint applications on their blasters and other accessories, so the lack of anything on 4-LOM's is kind of frustrating.
The only other 4-LOM collectible I've reviewed is the Micro Machines Mini Heads 4-LOM.
For more figures from Star Wars: The Black Series Phase III, check out the following:
Siege Battalion Clone Trooper, 212th Attack Battalion Utapau Trooper,
Coruscant Guard ---(Phase II), and 501st Legion Clone Trooper 4 pack
Admiral Ackbar and First Order Officer
Captain Cassian Andor (Eadu)
Captain Poe Dameron
C-3PO (Resistance Base)
Chewbacca (Target Exclusive)
Chewbacca (The Force Awakens)
Clone Captain Rex (HasCon Exclusive)
Clone Commander Gree
Darth Vader (Emperor's Wrath)
Death Star Trooper
DJ (Canto Bight)
Elite Praetorian Guard
Elite Praetorian Guard (with Heavy Blade)
Finn (First Order Disguise)
First Order Flametrooper
First Order General Hux
First Order Snowtrooper
First Order Snowtrooper Officer
First Order Special Forces TIE Fighter
First Order Stormtrooper
First Order Stormtrooper Executioner
First Order Stormtrooper (with Gear)
First Order TIE Fighter Pilot
General Leia Organa
Grand Admiral Thrawn (SDCC Exclusive)
Grand Moff Tarkin
Guardians of Evil 4-Pack
Han Solo (Solo)
Han Solo (The Force Awakens)
Imperial AT-ACT Driver
Imperial Death Trooper
Imperial Death Trooper, Captain Cassian Andor, and Sergeant Jyn Erso (Jedha) 3 pack
Imperial Hovertank Pilot
Imperial Shock Trooper
Imperial Royal Guard
Inferno Squad Agent
Jaina Solo (Legends)
Kylo Ren (SDCC 2016)
Kylo Ren (The Last Jedi)
Kylo Ren (Starkiller Base)
Kylo Ren (Throne Room)
Lando Calrissian (Solo)
Lando Calrissian (The Empire Strikes Back)
Luke Skywalker (Jedi Master)
Luke Skywalker (Jedi Master)- Ahch-To Island
Obi-Wan Kenobi (Force Spirit)
Obi-Wan Kenobi (SDCC 2016)
1 Clone Trooper Commander, Phase II Clone Trooper, Imperial
Stormtrooper, and First Order ---Stormtrooper Officer four pack
Poe Dameron and First Order Riot Control Stormtrooper
Princess Leia Organa
R2-A3, R5-K6, and R2-F2
Resistance Tech Rose
Rey (Island Journey)
Rey (Jakku) & BB-8
Rey (Jedi Training)
Rey (Jedi Training)- Crait
Rey (Starkiller Base)
Rey's Speeder (Jakku)
Sandtrooper Sergeant, Crimson Stormtrooper, Lieutenant OXIXO, and R2-Q5
Scarif Stormtrooper Squad Leader
Sergeant Jyn Erso (Eadu)
Sergeant Jyn Erso (Jedha)
Supreme Leader Snoke (Throne Room)
X-34 Landspeeder & Luke Skywalker (SDCC Exclusive)
X-Wing Pilot Asty
- Action Figure Review Index
- Who is Barbecue17?
- My Toy Review Rating Scale!
- 31 Days of Toy Terror!
- Top 10 Lists and Other Stuff
- Podcasts on The Epic Review
- Oh the Horror!: Horror Movie Reviews!
- The Batgirl Library
- The Dark Knight Gallery
- Fabulous Secret Powers
- Snake Mountain!
- Beast Manor
- The Harley Quinndex
- The Joker's Funhouse
- Tosche Station
- The Kessel Run
- The Crystal Castle