Every time I review a Rebels figure I go on and on about my love for the series. Rebels was fantastic and it's been fun to see the characters show up in other areas of the Star Wars universe. Most exciting for me was seeing Chopper show up at the Rebel Base on Yavin 4 in Rogue One. While Chopper is an animated character, Hasbro's aesthetic goal with the Black Series is to depict all characters from animated and comic media in a more realistic style so we're kind of getting a version of Chopped appearing as he looked in Rogue One. This guy is loaded with features and definitely makes for one of the most feature intensive figures in the newest series of Star Wars figures. Interestingly, this series has consisted of 50% droids. Crazy, huh? Let's check out Chopper/ C1-10P after the break...
Height: 2 7/8ths inches
Articulation: 4 rolling wheels, hinged ankles, swivel legs, hinged mechanical arm, swivel head, hinged arm panels, swivel/hinge elbows, and a swivel antennae.
Accessories: 3 interchangeable legs, wheeled leg, rocket boost leg, and a flame effect.
Non-Scalper Price: $20 dollars
* Chopper looks excellent. Unlike the other astromech droids in the series, Chop doesn't reuse any parts from prior releases. He's a completely new sculpt that perfectly reflects his aged, stumpy, hodge-podge appearanc. The paintwork is excellent and manages to look neat and clean when needed while also having plenty of worn and weathered features, too.
* Chopper has a very unique looking dome with plenty of articulated features. The articulated arms swing out via hinges from the sides of his dome while the radar dish on top can swivel. I do kind of wish it were balljointed but it still looks fantastic and works as intended.
* Chopper's body is covered with little panels and even features a hinged mechanical arm that swings right out. Chopper is one seriously fun droid to play around with.
* The articulation isn't too different from many of the other astromech droids though Chopper does have more articulated arms. His legs have little wheels on the bottom and there is a removable larger wheel that can fit in the base of the droid.
* The large wheel is removable from the bottom and can be swapped out with a booster rocket. The wheel can be tucked into Chopper's housing, slid down for usage, or completely removed. The choice is yours.
* One of my favorite accessories is the booster rocket that can fit in the base of Chopper. Chopper likes to fly around a lot and this translucent rocket booster is just excellent. It's so cool! Heck, you can even have Chopper use it as an offensive weapon. How cool, right? Yeah, I can see Chopper frying some baddies with a giant flame.
* Even cooler is this flame boost base that Chopper can fit on top of. The tip of the booster rocket's flame fits into the top of the flame effect, allowing Chopper to hover around. It's a great display piece with a nice dioramic quality to it. Heck, there's even a nice paint job on top of the translucent orange flames to give things a more realistic and nuanced appearance.
* So.. Chopper actually comes with two alternate legs. Originally Chopper has the leg on the left, which doesn't match his right leg. In the episode The Forgotten Droid, Chopper finds a matching leg. Now, you can give Chopper whichever leg you want. His legs are easily swappable and allow you to customize Chopper just a bit.
If you're a Chopper/ C1-10P fan, you might also want to check out my review of the Hikari Minis black Chopper.
For more Star Wars: The Black Series figures, check out the following:
0-0-0 (Triple Zero)
Siege Battalion Clone Trooper, 212th Attack Battalion Utapau Trooper,
Coruscant Guard ---(Phase II), and 501st Legion Clone Trooper 4 pack
Admiral Ackbar and First Order Officer
C-3PO (Resistance Base)
Captain Cassian Andor (Eadu)
Captain Phasma (Quicksilver Baton)
Captain Poe Dameron
Chewbacca (Target Exclusive)
Chewbacca (The Force Awakens)
Clone Captain Rex (HasCon Exclusive)
Clone Commander Gree
Clone Commander Wolffe
Darth Vader (Emperor's Wrath)
Death Star Trooper
DJ (Canto Bight)
Elite Praetorian Guard
Elite Praetorian Guard (with Heavy Blade)
Enfys Nest's Swoop Bike/ Enfys Nest
Finn (First Order Disguise)
First Order Flametrooper
First Order General Hux
First Order Snowtrooper
First Order Snowtrooper Officer
First Order Special Forces TIE Fighter
First Order Stormtrooper
First Order Stormtrooper Executioner
First Order Stormtrooper (with Gear)
First Order TIE Fighter Pilot
General Leia Organa
Grand Admiral Thrawn (SDCC Exclusive)
Grand Moff Tarkin
Guardians of Evil 4-Pack
Han Solo (Exogorth Escape)
Han Solo (Mimban)
Han Solo (Solo)
Han Solo (The Force Awakens)
Imperial AT-ACT Driver
Imperial Death Trooper
Imperial Death Trooper, Captain Cassian Andor, and Sergeant Jyn Erso (Jedha) 3 pack
Imperial Hovertank Pilot
Imperial Patrol Trooper
Imperial Shock Trooper
Imperial Royal Guard
Inferno Squad Agent
Jaina Solo (Legends)
Kylo Ren (SDCC 2016)
Kylo Ren (The Last Jedi)
Kylo Ren (Starkiller Base)
Kylo Ren (Throne Room)
Lando Calrissian (Solo)
Lando Calrissian (The Empire Strikes Back)
Lando Calrissian (Skiff Guard)
Luke Skywalker (Death Star Escape)
Luke Skywalker (Jedi Master)
Luke Skywalker (Jedi Master)- Ahch-To Island
Obi-Wan Kenobi (Force Spirit)
Obi-Wan Kenobi (SDCC 2016)
1 Clone Trooper Commander, Phase II Clone Trooper, Imperial
Stormtrooper, and First Order ---Stormtrooper Officer four pack
Poe Dameron and First Order Riot Control Stormtrooper
Princess Leia (Bespin Escape)
Princess Leia Organa
Princess Leia Organa (Hoth)
R2-A3, R5-K6, and R2-F2
Red Squadron (R2-D2, R5-D8, and R2-X2)
Resistance Tech Rose
Rey (Island Journey)
Rey (Jakku) & BB-8
Rey (Jedi Training)
Rey (Jedi Training)- Crait
Rey (Starkiller Base)
Rey's Speeder (Jakku)
Sandtrooper Sergeant, Crimson Stormtrooper, Lieutenant OXIXO, and R2-Q5
Scarif Stormtrooper Squad Leader
Sergeant Jyn Erso (Eadu)
Sergeant Jyn Erso (Jedha)
Stormtrooper (With Blast Accessories)
Supreme Leader Snoke (Throne Room)
Vice Admiral Holdo
X-34 Landspeeder & Luke Skywalker (SDCC Exclusive)
X-Wing Pilot Asty
- Action Figure Review Index
- Who is Barbecue17?
- My Toy Review Rating Scale!
- 31 Days of Toy Terror!
- Top 10 Lists and Other Stuff
- Podcasts on The Epic Review
- Oh the Horror!: Horror Movie Reviews!
- The Batgirl Library
- The Dark Knight Gallery
- Fabulous Secret Powers
- Snake Mountain!
- Beast Manor
- The Harley Quinndex
- The Joker's Funhouse
- Tosche Station
- The Kessel Run
- The Crystal Castle
- Teela: Warrior Goddess
- Trap Jaw's Tourist Trap
- Cringer's Crib