- Action Figure Review Index
- Who is Barbecue17?
- My Toy Review Rating Scale!
- 31 Days of Toy Terror!
- Other Reviews and Stuff
- Barbecue17's Trading Post!
- Podcasts on The Epic Review
- Oh the Horror!: Horror Movie Reviews!
- The Batgirl Library
- The Dark Knight Gallery
- Fabulous Secret Powers
- The Harley Quinndex
- The Joker's Funhouse
- Tosche Station
- A Tour of the DC Universe Podcast
Sunday, July 15, 2018
Action Figure Review: Clone Commander Wolffe from Star Wars: The Black Series Phase III by Hasbro
Height: 6 inches tall
Articulation: Swivel/hinge ankles, double hinged knees, swivel thighs, balljointed hips, a ball jointed abdomen, swivel/hinge shoulders, swivel biceps, double hinged elbows, swivel/hinge wrists, a hinged neck, and a ball jointed head.
Accessories: Helmet and 2 DC-17 blaster pistols
Non-Scalper Price: $25 dollars
* Clone Commander Wolffe, aka CC-3636, shares most of his body with the Captain Rex figure and all of the other Clones that have come before him. Still, uniformity is what is expected here and the figure is differentiated by his brand new headsculpt and helmet and his unique paintjob.
* Commander Wolffe is a pretty cool looking clone. The gray and white color scheme is something we haven't seen much of in the Black Series and it differentiates him from the standard Clone Troopers we've received. His armor not only has a unique paintjob but also sports some mud and much gained in battle.
* The new photo-printed is incredible. Not only is this a good likeness of Temuera Morrison, who played Jango Fett and all of the Clone Troopers in Attack of the Clones, but it also captured Wolffe's trademark scar and milky white injured eye (which he received at the hands of Asajj Ventress, who really needs a figure in the Black Series). This is an incredibly awesome looking headsculpt.
* Commander Wolffe utilizes most of the body of a standard Clone Trooper figure, meaning he's durable and nicely articulated. His hips are restricted a bit by his holsters and, sadly, his shoulders don't have the revised pauldrons that allow for a better range of motion. Still, he's not bad; just not as good as recently created newer figures.
* Not only does Commander Wolffe have all of the standard Clone Trooper gear on his armor but he also has an antenna on his shoulder (like Commander Cody) with a cool paint design on the pauldron.
* Commander Wolffe also has the cool Wolfpack emblem on his right shoulder. The printing on this is incredible!
* Like Captain Rex, Commander Wolffe is sporting a kama and two holsters for his pistols.
* Commander Wolffe's helmet is one of the coolest aspects of the figure. I love the sculpt and the paint detail on this. It is very intricate and looks awesome in person.
* Not only is the helmet well painted and sculpted but the range finder on it actually is articulated. It can swing down into position over Wolffe's right eye (which is missing, but he does get a cybernetic replacement at one point).
* Wolffe also includes his two DC-17 blaster pistols. They look great, feature crisp sculpting, and fit easily in the two holsters.
* As I mentioned earlier, unlike a few of the newer Clone Trooper figures Commander Wolffe doesn't have the newer shoulders that slide under the armor. This does impede the movement of the shoulders quite a bit. I'm guessing Hasbro used an older model of shoulders here, so that's why they're not as movable.
This is the first figure of Clone Commander Wolffe I've reviewed on the site.
For more figures from Star Wars: The Black Series Phase III, check out the following:
442nd Siege Battalion Clone Trooper, 212th Attack Battalion Utapau Trooper, Coruscant Guard ---(Phase II), and 501st Legion Clone Trooper 4 pack
Admiral Ackbar and First Order Officer
Captain Cassian Andor (Eadu)
Captain Poe Dameron
C-3PO (Resistance Base)
Chewbacca (Target Exclusive)
Chewbacca (The Force Awakens)
Clone Captain Rex (HasCon Exclusive)
Clone Commander Gree
Darth Vader (Emperor's Wrath)
Death Star Trooper
DJ (Canto Bight)
Elite Praetorian Guard
Elite Praetorian Guard (with Heavy Blade)
Finn (First Order Disguise)
First Order Flametrooper
First Order General Hux
First Order Snowtrooper
First Order Snowtrooper Officer
First Order Special Forces TIE Fighter
First Order Stormtrooper
First Order Stormtrooper Executioner
First Order Stormtrooper (with Gear)
First Order TIE Fighter Pilot
General Leia Organa
Grand Admiral Thrawn (SDCC Exclusive)
Grand Moff Tarkin
Guardians of Evil 4-Pack
Han Solo (Solo)
Han Solo (The Force Awakens)
Imperial AT-ACT Driver
Imperial Death Trooper
Imperial Death Trooper, Captain Cassian Andor, and Sergeant Jyn Erso (Jedha) 3 pack
Imperial Hovertank Pilot
Imperial Shock Trooper
Imperial Royal Guard
Inferno Squad Agent
Jaina Solo (Legends)
Kylo Ren (SDCC 2016)
Kylo Ren (The Last Jedi)
Kylo Ren (Starkiller Base)
Kylo Ren (Throne Room)
Lando Calrissian (Solo)
Lando Calrissian (The Empire Strikes Back)
Luke Skywalker (Jedi Master)
Luke Skywalker (Jedi Master)- Ahch-To Island
Obi-Wan Kenobi (Force Spirit)
Obi-Wan Kenobi (SDCC 2016)
Phase 1 Clone Trooper Commander, Phase II Clone Trooper, Imperial Stormtrooper, and First Order ---Stormtrooper Officer four pack
Poe Dameron and First Order Riot Control Stormtrooper
Princess Leia Organa
R2-A3, R5-K6, and R2-F2
Resistance Tech Rose
Rey (Island Journey)
Rey (Jakku) & BB-8
Rey (Jedi Training)
Rey (Jedi Training)- Crait
Rey (Starkiller Base)
Rey's Speeder (Jakku)
Sandtrooper Sergeant, Crimson Stormtrooper, Lieutenant OXIXO, and R2-Q5
Scarif Stormtrooper Squad Leader
Sergeant Jyn Erso (Eadu)
Sergeant Jyn Erso (Jedha)
Supreme Leader Snoke (Throne Room)
X-34 Landspeeder & Luke Skywalker (SDCC Exclusive)
X-Wing Pilot Asty