This Terry Dodson and Rachel Dodson Leia image is possibly my favorite piece of Leia art ever), plus it's from The Empire Strikes Back, so that automatically makes it vital for a respectable Star Wars: The Black Series collection. Let's check out this new version of Princess Leia Organa after the break...
Height: 5 3/8ths inches
Articulation: Swivel/hinge ankles, double hinged knees,
swivel thighs, balljointed hips, balljointed mid-torso, swivel/hinge
shoulders, swivel/hinge elbows, swivel/hinge wrists, balljointed neck, and a
Accessories: DH-17 blaster pistol, welding torch, goggles, and vest.
Non-Scalper Price: $20 dollars
* Earlier this fall Hasbro released Princess Leia (Bespin Escape) as a Target exclusive. While the figures do have a lot of differences, they also share the same basic body, upper legs, and arms. The headsculpts, left forearms, lower legs, hands, and accessories are all different, however, so the reuse is way more minimal than you might initially think.
* Leia is an incredible looking figure! Seriously, she may not be one of the flashiest in the line but she's incredibly faithful and lifelike. Hasbro has truly improved this line since last year and Leia is another figure that shows off the benefits of working in the 6 inch scale versus the traditional 1/18th scale. Her outfit looks incredible and if I were a kid playing with these, this would definitely be my default "adventuring" Leia.
* The headsculpt is beautiful. The sculpt is not only solid but the faceprinting process really makes the likeness rather uncanny. This is a beautiful sculpt that captures the likeness of a young Carrie Fisher quite well.
* Leia's vest is removable. It looks great and is molded in a fairly flexible plastic that makes it easy to remove and put back on.
* There are lots of cool little details on Leia, including the rank insignia on her vest and the wrist communicator on her forearm. Again, lots of tiny detailed sculpting and solid paint applications.
* Leia is nicely articulated. Leia is a woman of action and this figure is fully able to give her a chance to show off her skills.
The articulation is great here and makes the figure incredibly fun to pose in
various Stormtrooper slaughtering poses!
* Leia comes with a DH-17 blaster, which Carrie Fisher can be seen holding in a few publicity photos. It's a great blaster and its use among Rebel troopers makes it a solid inclusion with the figure.
* Leia comes with the welding torch she uses to help repair the Millennium Falcon. Technically it should be attached via a cord to a small power source but for a more minor accessory here, I'm going to give Hasbro a pass. It's a cool inclusion with the figure and gives her another way to be displayed.
* Leia also comes with a pair of welding goggles. They look great and actually fit over her head. You can rest them on her forehead too, if you want. They're quite a cool piece.
* Leia's boots look great but Hasbro definitely has been leaving some fairly noticeable gaps in the ankle joints on Leia figures. It seems to happen to Leia often, possibly because of her smaller stature. I wish they'd get the joints to be a little more flush!
If you love Princess Leia Organa check out some of my other Leia reviews on here including the Black Series classic Princess Leia Organa, Princess Leia (Slave Outfit), Princess Leia Organa (Boushh), Princess Leia (Bespin Escape), and General Leia Organa as well as the micro Leia from the Micro Machines Classic Characters 2nd edition pack and from the Ice Planet Hoth Playset, as well as the background Leias from the C-3PO and Jabba the Hutt mini heads.
For more figures from Star Wars: The Black Series Phase III check out the following:
Siege Battalion Clone Trooper, 212th Attack Battalion Utapau Trooper,
Coruscant Guard ---(Phase II), and 501st Legion Clone Trooper 4 pack
Admiral Ackbar and First Order Officer
C-3PO (Resistance Base)
Captain Cassian Andor (Eadu)
Captain Phasma (Quicksilver Baton)
Captain Poe Dameron
Chewbacca (Target Exclusive)
Chewbacca (The Force Awakens)
Clone Captain Rex (HasCon Exclusive)
Clone Commander Gree
Clone Commander Wolffe
Darth Vader (Emperor's Wrath)
Death Star Trooper
DJ (Canto Bight)
Elite Praetorian Guard
Elite Praetorian Guard (with Heavy Blade)
Enfys Nest's Swoop Bike/ Enfys Nest
Finn (First Order Disguise)
First Order Flametrooper
First Order General Hux
First Order Snowtrooper
First Order Snowtrooper Officer
First Order Special Forces TIE Fighter
First Order Stormtrooper
First Order Stormtrooper Executioner
First Order Stormtrooper (with Gear)
First Order TIE Fighter Pilot
General Leia Organa
Grand Admiral Thrawn (SDCC Exclusive)
Grand Moff Tarkin
Guardians of Evil 4-Pack
Han Solo (Exogorth Escape)
Han Solo (Solo)
Han Solo (The Force Awakens)
Imperial AT-ACT Driver
Imperial Death Trooper
Imperial Death Trooper, Captain Cassian Andor, and Sergeant Jyn Erso (Jedha) 3 pack
Imperial Hovertank Pilot
Imperial Patrol Trooper
Imperial Shock Trooper
Imperial Royal Guard
Inferno Squad Agent
Jaina Solo (Legends)
Kylo Ren (SDCC 2016)
Kylo Ren (The Last Jedi)
Kylo Ren (Starkiller Base)
Kylo Ren (Throne Room)
Lando Calrissian (Solo)
Lando Calrissian (The Empire Strikes Back)
Lando Calrissian (Skiff Guard)
Luke Skywalker (Jedi Master)
Luke Skywalker (Jedi Master)- Ahch-To Island
Obi-Wan Kenobi (Force Spirit)
Obi-Wan Kenobi (SDCC 2016)
1 Clone Trooper Commander, Phase II Clone Trooper, Imperial
Stormtrooper, and First Order ---Stormtrooper Officer four pack
Poe Dameron and First Order Riot Control Stormtrooper
Princess Leia (Bespin Escape)
Princess Leia Organa
R2-A3, R5-K6, and R2-F2
Red Squadron (R2-D2, R5-D8, and R2-X2)
Resistance Tech Rose
Rey (Island Journey)
Rey (Jakku) & BB-8
Rey (Jedi Training)
Rey (Jedi Training)- Crait
Rey (Starkiller Base)
Rey's Speeder (Jakku)
Sandtrooper Sergeant, Crimson Stormtrooper, Lieutenant OXIXO, and R2-Q5
Scarif Stormtrooper Squad Leader
Sergeant Jyn Erso (Eadu)
Sergeant Jyn Erso (Jedha)
Stormtrooper (With Blast Accessories)
Supreme Leader Snoke (Throne Room)
X-34 Landspeeder & Luke Skywalker (SDCC Exclusive)
X-Wing Pilot Asty