Height: 6 inches
Articulation: Swivel/hinge ankles, double hinged knees, swivel thighs, balljointed hips, balljointed mid-torso, swivel/hinge shoulders, swivel/hinge elbows, swivel/hinge wrists, balljointed neck, and a balljointed head.
Accessories: Officer's cap, helmet, chest armor, and blaster pistol.
Non-Scalper Price: $20 dollars
* At first glance you might think that General Veers (left) is a simple head swap of Grand Moff Tarkin (right) but guess what? You'd be wrong! While the legs, arms, and lower torsos are the same, the upper torsos and hands are completely different. Technically General Veers should be a bit taller than Grand Moff Tarkin but I can let that slide here since Hasbro is able to get a little more reuse out of these molds that way. Otherwise, it is doubtful we'd get characters like Veers or Piett in this line.
* General Veers look fantastic! They might be terrible people but no one can say that the Imperials aren't snappy dressers. I like the bleak grey military styled outfit with the appropriate rank board and only a single code cylinder on his left breast. Veers is also wearing gloves, which sets him apart from the other Imperials officers in a nice way. The paint work is sharp and looks great all around, too.
* The headsculpt is excellent and the new faceprinting makes this figure really look like Julian Glover. The detail on the eyes and facial features is unreal. If this figure were released in the smaller 1/18th scale I definitely would try to turn one of these into Walter Donovan since Hasbro's Indiana Jones line never released him.
* The look is really complete when you give Maximillian Veers his officer's cap. It's brilliantly sculpted and fits on his head very well. The fit is perfect and if you didn't know better you might think this was all one sculpt when looking at him.
* One of the coolest parts of this figure, though, is that we get both of General Veers' onscreen looks. Because he is a decisive and bold man of action, Veers suits up and heads down to Hoth himself to lead the Imperial assault on Echo Base. There have always been complaints with Black Series collectors that Hasbro cut down on the accessories offered with each figure after the first series or two, but Veers feels like a well thought out and highly definitive version of the character. The armor fits over his torso while the helmet slips over his head to create a very impressive and authentic second look for the character. Hasbro isn't the first company to do something like this, but it is impressive for the Black Series line.
* The helmet fits like a charm and looks excellent. There are lots of paint applications on this and the detail is spot on. This also really makes me want an AT-ST Driver in the Black Series.
* The back armor also has quite a but of detail and painted features, too. Yeah, there are a couple of missing paint hits here but overall this is some solid work. I'm loving it.
* OK, what is this blaster and where does it come from? It appears to be a DL-21 blaster pistol without the fancy muzzle. It looks great but I'm wondering where Hasbro got this design? I can't find it. All of the images of Veers have his holster left empty while the 501st databanks don't list this pistol as an accompanying item to the costume (just a DH-17, E-11, or DL-44). If you know where this design came from please let me know!
* The articulation is excellent. While Veers mostly just stands around or chills out in the cockpit of an AT-AT, it's nice to know he can join the action if he needs to. He's sturdy and well made so have fun and go crazy with him.
* Since the armor is all one piece, it did suffer a bit from being stuffed into the packaging. You may have to work with it or even use a hairdryer to reshape it to fit down over Veer's chest properly.
* The modified DL-21 really doesn't fit well in this holster. Looking at it, the holster doesn't really even appear to be designed for the DL-21, so I wonder why Hasbro went with that model? I'm always up for getting new blasters, though, and you can get it to fit OK, but it looks a bit off at a very close inspection.
Boba Fett, Darth Vader, and Obi-Wan Kenobi were all repaints or variants of previously released characters) but he's really well accessorized with lots of new parts. The armor takes some futzing around with but it eventually should look pretty good. I'm always glad to add another Original Trilogy figure, especially from The Empire Strikes Back, and Veers is a Great and a 1/2 edition. Thanks Walgreens for continuing to be so awesome in getting your exclusives out!
This is the first figure of General Maximillian Veers that I've reviewed on the site. For more Star Wars: The Black Series Phase III reviews, check out the following:
442nd Siege Battalion Clone Trooper, 212th Attack Battalion Utapau Trooper, Coruscant Guard ---(Phase II), and 501st Legion Clone Trooper 4 pack
Admiral Ackbar and First Order Officer
C-3PO (Resistance Base)
Captain Cassian Andor (Eadu)
Captain Phasma (Quicksilver Baton)
Captain Poe Dameron
Chewbacca (Target Exclusive)
Chewbacca (The Force Awakens)
Clone Captain Rex (HasCon Exclusive)
Clone Commander Gree
Clone Commander Wolffe
Darth Vader (Emperor's Wrath)
Death Star Trooper
DJ (Canto Bight)
Elite Praetorian Guard
Elite Praetorian Guard (with Heavy Blade)
Enfys Nest's Swoop Bike/ Enfys Nest
Finn (First Order Disguise)
First Order Flametrooper
First Order General Hux
First Order Snowtrooper
First Order Snowtrooper Officer
First Order Special Forces TIE Fighter
First Order Stormtrooper
First Order Stormtrooper Executioner
First Order Stormtrooper (with Gear)
First Order TIE Fighter Pilot
General Leia Organa
Grand Admiral Thrawn (SDCC Exclusive)
Grand Moff Tarkin
Guardians of Evil 4-Pack
Han Solo (Exogorth Escape)
Han Solo (Solo)
Han Solo (The Force Awakens)
Imperial AT-ACT Driver
Imperial Death Trooper
Imperial Death Trooper, Captain Cassian Andor, and Sergeant Jyn Erso (Jedha) 3 pack
Imperial Hovertank Pilot
Imperial Shock Trooper
Imperial Royal Guard
Inferno Squad Agent
Jaina Solo (Legends)
Kylo Ren (SDCC 2016)
Kylo Ren (The Last Jedi)
Kylo Ren (Starkiller Base)
Kylo Ren (Throne Room)
Lando Calrissian (Solo)
Lando Calrissian (The Empire Strikes Back)
Luke Skywalker (Jedi Master)
Luke Skywalker (Jedi Master)- Ahch-To Island
Obi-Wan Kenobi (Force Spirit)
Obi-Wan Kenobi (SDCC 2016)
Phase 1 Clone Trooper Commander, Phase II Clone Trooper, Imperial Stormtrooper, and First Order ---Stormtrooper Officer four pack
Poe Dameron and First Order Riot Control Stormtrooper
Princess Leia (Bespin Escape)
Princess Leia Organa
R2-A3, R5-K6, and R2-F2
Red Squadron (R2-D2, R5-D8, and R2-X2)
Resistance Tech Rose
Rey (Island Journey)
Rey (Jakku) & BB-8
Rey (Jedi Training)
Rey (Jedi Training)- Crait
Rey (Starkiller Base)
Rey's Speeder (Jakku)
Sandtrooper Sergeant, Crimson Stormtrooper, Lieutenant OXIXO, and R2-Q5
Scarif Stormtrooper Squad Leader
Sergeant Jyn Erso (Eadu)
Sergeant Jyn Erso (Jedha)
Stormtrooper (With Blast Accessories)
Supreme Leader Snoke (Throne Room)
X-34 Landspeeder & Luke Skywalker (SDCC Exclusive)
X-Wing Pilot Asty