- Action Figure Review Index
- Who is Barbecue17?
- My Toy Review Rating Scale!
- 31 Days of Toy Terror!
- Other Reviews and Stuff
- Barbecue17's Trading Post!
- Podcasts on The Epic Review
- Oh the Horror!: Horror Movie Reviews!
- The Batgirl Library
- The Dark Knight Gallery
- Fabulous Secret Powers
- Snake Mountain!
- The Harley Quinndex
- The Joker's Funhouse
- Tosche Station
- A Tour of the DC Universe Podcast
Thursday, October 1, 2015
Action Figure Review: First Order Stormtrooper from Star Wars: The Black Series Phase III by Hasbro
Height: 6 inches
Articulation: Swivel/hinge ankles, double hinged knees, swivel thighs, ball jointed hips, ball jointed mid torso, swivel/hinge shoulders, swivel/hinge elbows, swivel/hinge wrists, hinged neck, and a ball jointed head.
Accessories: Blaster rifle and blaster pistol.
Non-Scalper Price: $18-$20
* Like most figures in the Black Series, the articulation is quite good. While he's missing the double hinged elbows of previous Stormtroopers, everything else is exceptional. There's a fantastic range of motion in the ankles, knees, mid torso join, and head. You'll have no trouble getting some fun, awesome looking poses. Oh, and check out how this guy can wail on an air guitar! Only First Order Troopers are this bodacious!
* The sculpt on this figure is just incredible! The armor is incredibly cool and sleek, nicely providing an updated look for the Stromtrooper armor without removing the familiar elements. It's a bit less bulky looking but crammed with more bells and whistles such as the data pads on the wrists, more elements on the belt, and the metal looking device on the helmet. Is this a voice amplifier or something? Kylo Ren looks to have one, too, so it'll be interesting to see what these are.
* Paint work is clean and crisp all over. There are lots of small details captured here and most of the paint lines seem quite clean and neat. I also really like how the First Order Stormtroopers have a variety of things on their belt. This one has the standard explosive device on his back as well as a variety of pouches on his left and right hips. Oh, and the classic doughnut and Twinkies are still present on the back of the armor!
* One of my favorite things about this figure is that he has a slit on his right hip that allows either the smaller or larger blaster to slip inside. It stays fairly securely and looks really cool. I love interactive features like this on a toy and this absolutely escalates my opinion of this figure!
* The only negative I have about this figure is that his elbows aren't double jointed. The previous Stormtroopers from the Black Series have had double jointed elbows and they absolutely help in achieving better weapon holding poses.
I've also reviewed Kylo Ren from this same series, and plenty of other Star Wars figures:
Star Wars by Kenner
My First Star Wars Figures
Star Wars: The Black Series (3 3/4 inch) by Hasbro
Clone Trooper Sergeant
Star Wars: The Black Series Phase II (3 3/4 inch) by Hasbro
Star Wars: The Black Series (6 inch) by Hasbro (2013)
Luke Skywalker (Bespin Outfit)
Luke Skywalker (X-Wing Pilot)
Obi-Wan Kenobi (Revenge of the Sith)
Princess Leia (Slave Outfit)
Star Wars: The Black Series Phase II (6 inch) by Hasbro (2014)
Boba Fett (Prototype Armor)
Clone Commander Cody
Clone Trooper Captain
Clone Trooper Sergeant
Han Solo (Stormtrooper Disguise)
Star Wars Hero Mashers by Hasbro (2015)
Han Solo Vs. Boba Fett
Jedi Speeder & Anakin Skywalker
Star Wars: Rebels by Hasbro (2014)
Garazeb "Zeb" Orrelios and Stormtrooper
Sabine Wren and Stromtrooper
Stormtrooper Commander and Hera Syndulla
Jedi Temple Guard
Star Wars: The Vintage Collection by Hasbro
Imperial Scanning Crew