- Action Figure Review Index
- Who is Barbecue17?
- My Toy Review Rating Scale!
- 31 Days of Toy Terror!
- The Batgirl Library
- Other Reviews and Stuff
- Barbecue17's Trading Post!
- Podcasts on The Epic Review
- Oh the Horror!: Horror Movie Reviews!
- The Dark Knight Gallery
- The Harley Quinndex
- The Joker's Funhouse
Thursday, September 21, 2017
Road to the Last Jedi: General Leia Organa from Star Wars: The Black Series Phase III by Hasbro
Height: 5 1/4ths inches
Articulation: Swivel/hinge ankles, double hinged knees, swivel thighs, balljointed hips, balljointed mid-torso, swivel/hinge shoulders, swivel/hinge elbows, swivel/hinge wrists, hinged neck, and a balljointed head
Accessories: Defender sporting blaster
Non-Scalper Price: $20 dollars
* One thing I can say about most Star Wars: The Black Series figures is that they are durable, well articulated figures that also feel like good, sturdy toys. Rarely am I disappointed by them. General Leia Organa is as good as any of the rest and can take a wide range of poses, even kneeling down and firing her blaster.
* Leia's outfit definitely shows her favoring her role as a General instead of her role as a Princess. It's very reminiscent of the combat gear worn by Leia in Return of the Jedi. Another thing that's cool about this outfit is that the purple vest is removable, meaning you actually get two unique looks for the character.
* While it may not be 100% perfect, I think that Hasbro did a pretty solid job of capturing Carrie Fisher's likeness. The hair looks pretty good, too. Again, it reminds me of Leia's hairstyle during the mission to Endor.
* I'm digging Leia's boots. They're an interesting design that seems combat ready while still adding in a bit of a wedge to give her a little more height.
* Leia also has this cool ring on her right hand. It's a detail that could have been easily overlooked but Hasbro captured it here. It looks pretty nice.
this figure) . As far as I can recall, Leia doesn't uses this blaster in TFA. She actually uses a Glie-44 according to the Visual Dictionary. There are quite a few of those floating around in this series, though, and considering the paintwork on this Defender is an improvement over the previous version, I'll still consider it a positive.
* Rather than add the mid-torso articulation point closer to the waist like many other figures (perhaps where the belt is), Hasbro added it under Leia's bust. I have to admit that this makes it look really strange and a bit less functional.
I'm pretty happy with General Leia Organa. While there are still plenty of Original Trilogy and Marvel Comics outfits for Hasbro to get too, it's nice to finally have the Big 3 in their The Force Awakens looks. Leia's a nicely articulated figure with a solid headsculpt, great articulation, and the ability to sport two different looks. I'm really curious to see what looks we get from Leia in Episode VIII, but for now I'm content with this figure as a representative of the Resistance Leader. She's a Great addition to the line!
I've reviewed a few Princess Leia toys on here including the Black Series classic Princess Leia Organa, Princess Leia (Slave Outfit) and Princess Leia Organa (Boushh) and the micro Leia from the Micro Machines Classic Characters 2nd edition pack.
If you're looking for more Star Wars: The Black Series figures, check out the following:
442nd Siege Battalion Clone Trooper, 212th Attack Battalion Utapau Trooper, Coruscant Guard ---(Phase II), and 501st Legion Clone Trooper 4 pack
Captain Cassian Andor (Eadu)
Captain Poe Dameron
C-3PO (Resistance Base)
Clone Commander Gree
Darth Vader (Emperor's Wrath)
First Order Flametrooper
First Order General Hux
First Order Snowtrooper
First Order Snowtrooper Officer
First Order Special Forces TIE Fighter
First Order Stormtrooper
First Order Stormtrooper Executioner
First Order TIE Fighter Pilot
Grand Admiral Thrawn (SDCC Exclusive)
Imperial AT-ACT Driver
Imperial Death Trooper
Imperial Death Trooper, Captain Cassian Andor, and Sergeant Jyn Erso (Jedha) 3 pack
Imperial Hovertank Pilot
Imperial Shock Trooper
Imperial Royal Guard
Kylo Ren (SDCC 2016)
Kylo Ren (The Last Jedi)
Kylo Ren (Starkiller Base)
Luke Skywalker (Jedi Master)
Obi-Wan Kenobi (SDCC 2016)
Phase 1 Clone Trooper Commander, Phase II Clone Trooper, Imperial Stormtrooper, and First Order ---Stormtrooper Officer four pack
Poe Dameron and First Order Riot Control Stormtrooper
Princess Leia Organa
R2-A3, R5-K6, and R2-F2
Rey (Jakku) & BB-8
Rey (Jedi Training)
Rey (Starkiller Base)
Rey's Speeder (Jakku)
Sandtrooper Sergeant, Crimson Stormtrooper, Lieutenant OXIXO, and R2-Q5
Scarif Stormtrooper Squad Leader
Sergeant Jyn Erso (Eadu)
Sergeant Jyn Erso (Jedha)
X-34 Landspeeder & Luke Skywalker (SDCC Exclusive)
X-Wing Pilot Asty