GameStop and Hasbro have been rolling out the Star Wars: The Black Series Gaming Greats releases this year and I recently stumbled upon another figure from the very cool subset: The Scout Trooper from Jedi: Fallen Order. Jedi: Fallen Order focused on melee combat quite heavily and gave many of the popular Imperial troopers melee weapons to combat Cal Kestis and his lightsaber skills. I've always been a fan of Imperial Scout Troopers (for years everyone just called them Biker Scouts) and when I saw this guy at GameStop I was pretty excited. At first you might just think this is a simple repaint/ re-release of the Scout Trooper released in Phase II or in the Archive collection but it turns out that this guy has quite a few new parts and a new accessory. These guys could be a bit of a challenge if they caught you off guard in Jedi: Fallen Order and it's nice to be able to add one to the Black Series collection. Let's take a look at the Scout Trooper after the break...
Articulation: Swivel/hinge ankles, boot swivels, double hinged knees, swivel thighs, ball jointed hips, a ball jointed abdomen, swivel/hinge shoulders,
swivel biceps, double hinged elbows, swivel/hinge wrists, a hinged neck,
and a ball jointed head.
Accessories: EC-17 hold-out blaster, electrobaton, and electricity effect.
Non-Scalper Price: $25
* On the left is the Gaming Greats Scout Trooper while the Phase 2 Biker Scout from the Speeder Bike set is on the right. While the Biker Scout has the pouches around his waist and abdomen the Scout Trooper has lighter, more standard looking armor and a cool harness. He's also a lot cleaner than the previously released Biker Scout.
* I love the Scout Troopers and this one is quite impressive. He's got the same armor as the previous Scout Troopers in the Black Series but he looks a lot cleaner and he doesn't have the carrying pouches on the side. The armor plates look nice and many of them, especially around his waist and on his shoulders, are actual separate pieces to give him a more three dimensional look to his sculpt.
* The helmet is excellent. It's a solid sculpt and it captures nicely all of the little details of the Scout Trooper's helmet.
* The biggest difference between this figure and the previous Scouts is the harness he wears. It has what appears to be a generator of sorts on the back and a red wire that extends from the top of his harness down his right arm. It's not removable (well, not without damaging anything) but it is a separate piece fitted over his standard armor.
* In Jedi: Fallen Order the Scout Troopers use electrobatons in order to counter lightsabers so this figure comes with an electrobaton. It's a simple looking staff with a cattle prod like tip and a few little greeblies and such on the sides to make it look more advanced.
* The tip of the electrostaff extends out for combat mode and a blue electricity effect is included to show it in action. It looks pretty cool!
* The Scout Trooper also comes with his little EC-17 hold-out blaster. It's quite small but the figure holds it well.
* When not using the EC-17 it stores easily in the holster in his boot.
* The articulation model is a bit dated on the Scout Trooper but he's still very well articulated. Most of the troopers earlier in the line had a bit more articulation than the standard figures so that still works in his favor. He's not rubbery, either, like some of the earlier troopers, so he's still pretty adequate.
* There's a red cord that connects the device on the Scout Trooper's harness to a cuff on his arm. Unfortunately, the cord is very fragile and it broke quite easily. Just moving the Scout Trooper's arm was enough to snap the cord! Fortunately, the cord can fit right under the cuff, so it still looks OK on display.
While you're paying the Hasbro exclusive tax on this figure, GameStop's recent string of sales on Star Wars figures and their new buy 5 get a 6th action figure free program for members definitely counteracts that, making them my go to place for Black Series figures lately. This guy's an exclusive and seems a bit tough to find. He's quite nice, though, especially because you're getting more than just a repaint. He's a Great and a 1/2 figure and a nice addition to the Jedi: Fallen Order subset. I wish we'd get some more actual characters from the game, though, but that's doubtful. Hasbro's never been much for supporting the video games with anything more than a few releases.
Are you a fan of the Biker Scouts/ Imperial Scout Troopers? If so then check out my reviews of the Hasbro Micro Machines Endor Forest Battle set, Funko's POP! Scout Trooper w/ Speeder Bike #234, and the 1/18th scaled Black Series Biker Scout.
442nd Siege Battalion Clone Trooper, 212th Attack Battalion Utapau Trooper, Coruscant Guard ---(Phase II), and 501st Legion Clone Trooper 4 pack
Admiral Ackbar and First Order Officer
Boba Fett (Carbonized)
C-3PO & Babu Frik
C-3PO (Resistance Base)
Captain Cassian Andor (Eadu)
Captain Phasma (Quicksilver Baton)
Captain Poe Dameron
Chewbacca (Target Exclusive)
Chewbacca (The Force Awakens)
Chewbacca & C-3PO
Clone Captain Rex (HasCon Exclusive)
Clone Commander Bly
Clone Commander Gree
Clone Commander Fox
Clone Commander Obi-Wan Kenobi
Clone Commander Wolffe
Darth Vader (Emperor's Wrath)
Death Star Trooper
DJ (Canto Bight)
Elite Praetorian Guard
Elite Praetorian Guard (with Heavy Blade)
Emperor Papatine and Throne
Enfys Nest's Swoop Bike/ Enfys Nest
Finn (First Order Disguise)
First Order Flametrooper
First Order General Hux
First Order Jet Trooper
First Order Snowtrooper
First Order Snowtrooper Officer
First Order Special Forces TIE Fighter
First Order Stormtrooper
First Order Stormtrooper Executioner
First Order Stormtrooper (with Gear)
First Order TIE Fighter Pilot
General Leia Organa
Grand Admiral Thrawn (SDCC Exclusive)
Grand Moff Tarkin
Guardians of Evil 4-Pack
Han Solo (Exogorth Escape)
Han Solo (Mimban)
Han Solo (Solo)
Han Solo (The Force Awakens)
Heavy Battle Droid
Heavy Infantry Mandalorian
Imperial AT-ACT Driver
Imperial Death Trooper
Imperial Death Trooper, Captain Cassian Andor, and Sergeant Jyn Erso (Jedha) 3 pack
Imperial Hovertank Pilot
Imperial Patrol Trooper
Imperial Probe Droid
Imperial Shock Trooper
Imperial Royal Guard
Inferno Squad Agent
Jaina Solo (Legends)
Jedi Knight Revan
Knight of Ren (Vicrul)
Kylo Ren (SDCC 2016)
Kylo Ren (The Last Jedi)
Kylo Ren (Starkiller Base)
Kylo Ren (Throne Room)
Lando Calrissian (Solo)
Lando Calrissian (The Empire Strikes Back)
Lando Calrissian (Skiff Guard)
Luke Skywalker (Death Star Escape)
Luke Skywalker (Jedi Knight)
Luke Skywalker (Jedi Master)
Luke Skywalker (Jedi Master)- Ahch-To Island
Luke Skywalker (Skyalker Strikes)
Luke Skywalker (Yavin Ceremony)
Obi-Wan Kenobi (Force Spirit)
Obi-Wan Kenobi (Padawan)
Obi-Wan Kenobi (SDCC 2016)
Phase 1 Clone Trooper Commander, Phase II Clone Trooper, Imperial Stormtrooper, and First Order ---Stormtrooper Officer four pack
Poe Dameron and First Order Riot Control Stormtrooper
Princess Leia (Bespin Escape)
Princess Leia Organa
Princess Leia Organa (Hoth)
R2-A3, R5-K6, and R2-F2
Red Squadron (R2-D2, R5-D8, and R2-X2)
Resistance Tech Rose
Rey & D-O
Rey (Island Journey)
Rey (Jakku) & BB-8
Rey (Jedi Training)
Rey (Jedi Training)- Crait
Rey (Starkiller Base)
Rey's Speeder (Jakku)
Sandtrooper Sergeant, Crimson Stormtrooper, Lieutenant OXIXO, and R2-Q5
Scarif Stormtrooper Squad Leader
Second Sister Inquisitor
Sergeant Jyn Erso (Eadu)
Sergeant Jyn Erso (Jedha)
Stormtrooper (With Blast Accessories)
Supreme Leader Snoke (Throne Room)
Vice Admiral Holdo
X-34 Landspeeder & Luke Skywalker (SDCC Exclusive)
X-Wing Pilot Asty
Yoda (Force Spirit)