Height: 4 inches
Accessories: 2 piece metal soda can and a "POG shaped collector card."
Non-Scalper Price: $12 dollars
* I'm a big fan of the style of these figures as they remind me of 1960s and 1970s styled cereal mascots. She-Ra is made from a very firm vinyl and she looks fantastic on display. There is no articulation so she's like an oversized minifigure with bright, vivid colors.
* Inside the can is a round, sturdy cardboard disc. It's kind of like a POG, though a bit larger. On the front is She-Ra, ready for battle, while the back has the figure's name and the run amount listed (2,500).
* The Vinyl SODA figures are quite stylized and have really nice sculpting. I'm a big fan of them. She-Ra is clearly based on her Filmation appearance although there are some little things, like the asymmetrical belt, that seem a little reminiscent of the vintage toy.
* Her tiara is quite nice and the headsculpt is cool, though very stylized. The eyes might be a bit too close together bit that seems to be the case with all of the other figures, too, so it might just be that I have different expectations for what She-Ra should look like in a stylized manner.
* She-Ra is carrying a Sword of Protection that very much resembles the vintage toy sword. It's silver with a blue crystal but the design is straight up vintage sword. That's an interesting choice for sure, isn't it? I like it though. It makes this figure stand out a bit more.
I'm a huge fan of She-Ra and it's always exciting to get a new She-Ra toy or collectible for the collection. The Vinyl SODA line is an excellent series of collectible vinyl figures and She-Ra is another successful entry. The paintwork is flawless and I really love the use of her vintage sword design in the sculpt. This is a Great and a 1/2 figure and I'm super glad I was able to get one. Who do you really want to see in the Vinyl SODA line? Do you think Funko will tackle any other members of the Great Rebellion?
If you're a She-Raver who digs She-Ra/ Princess Adora then check out the figures I've reviewed: The Masters of the Universe Classics Galactic Protector She-Ra, the Club Grayskull She-Ra, the ReAction She-Ra, the She-Ra from the Super7 Battle for Etheria 2-Pack, the 1/6th scale Starburst She-Ra, the M.U.S.C.L.E. slime She-Ra, the Sonic Wacky Pack She-Ra and She-Ra: Gold Edition, the Dorbz She-Ra, and Mattel's She-Ra and the Princesses of Power She-Ra, Force Captain Adora, She-Ra vs Shadow Weaver, and Battle Armor She-Ra and Swift Wind.
Post a Comment
What'chu talkin' 'bout?