Battle Armor He-Man figure and now I'm checking out his counterpart, the Evil Lord of Destruction Skeletor, now clad in his Battle Armor as well. Hot Topic had an exclusive version of this figure released at the end of 2018 which featured battle damage on the chest plate of his armor, but this version is the standard option of Eternia's chief villain. Like with He-Man, Skeletor has a 2/12 rarity, meaning there are typically 2 of these guys in a case. Has anyone actually seen these in stores anywhere, though? I ordered a case online but I haven't heard about any of these showing up anywhere. You might have to head to Snake Mountain to find this guy! Let's check him out after the break...
Height: 3 1/4ths inches
Articulation: Balljointed ankles, hinged knees, balljointed hips, balljointed waist,
balljointed mid-torso, double balljointed shoulders, swivel wrists, a
balljointed head, and a hinged jaw.
Accessories: Havoc staff, ax, Power sword, Filmation sword, and bio-card.
Non-Scalper Price: $13- $15 dollars
* Like I said in my He-Man review, these really are great looking smaller action figures. They might be a
little too tall to be called minifigures but, compared to the usually
bulky MOTU toys, these guys are definitely smaller. They really do look
like miniature versions of the MOTUC figures, don't they? They have the
traditional muscular, barbaric proportions you'd expect from a MOTU
figure, but here you get the metal rivets of Skeeltor's classic battle armor. I love this look, particularly the green and purple bat. The paintwork is very neat and very clean here, allowing the bold colors to still standout like on the vintage toys.
* I'm always a sucker for Skeletor and this little guy is excellent! His hood is actually a separate piece, so his skull is actually loose in there. Well, not loose but it is separate from the hood which is not something I can recall on many Skeletor toys. It's a great feature! The mouth and eyes are recessed and hollow, giving a lot extra depth to the sculpt.
* Skeletor actually has an articulated jaw! How cool, right? This is such a fun feature as you can close the mouth for a fairly mean looking Skeletor or open the mouth for a great laughing headsculpt! Incredible!
* For series 2 The Loyal Subjects redsigned the body. There's more
articulation here and a slightly slimmer body. The figure mostly has
balljoints, though not all of them have an extreme range of motion. The
head and body joints are good, though, and the figure stands well and
has a nice playability factor to it.
* Skeletor includes quite a few accessories, the first of which is his classic Havoc Staff! It's a nice sculpt, though the ram skull is a little smaller than I would expect. Still, it's recognizable and goes with the figure perfectly.
* Skeletor includes the purple version of the classic He-Man ax and, as you might remember, I love this ax. I've always loved the design as it seems so evocative of the earlier, more savage era of MOTU. This is incredible and I particularly like the black highlights.
* Skeletor also includes the classic purple version of the Power Sword, too. Like He-Man's sword, this one really reminds me of a mixture of the classic toy inspired sword and the Filmation Power
* The last accessory is the sword Skeletor used in the Filmation cartoon. I love that The Loyal Subjects included both swords for Skeltor, as it kind of gives nearly every fan something they'll love to pose the figure with.
* To add a bit more personalization and fun to each release The Loyal
Subjects adds a bio card. It's a cool little extra that uses the MOTUC
bio for Battle Armor Skeletor here. The back features a checklist for series 2, as well.
* Don't worry! Skeletor isn't broken! The balljoints just detach very easily. That's not a huge problem in and
of itself but the joints do seem to be rather thin. Much thinner than I'm
comfortable with for joints you'll have to pop in and out. Be careful
and gentle when popping these back into the sockets!
I've reviewed quite a few other Skeletor/ Keldor items: Besides the various Series 3, Series 2, Series 1, and the exclusive purple M.U.S.C.L.E. versions I've also reviewed the MOTUC Laser Light Skeletor and Terror Claws Skeletor, the Super7 Ultimates Filmation Skeletor, the Super7 Possessed Skeletor, the Mega Construx Battle for Eternia Skeletor, Castle Grayskull Skeletor, and Wind Raider Attack Skeletor, the 200x Skeletor minifigure from the Heroes vs. Villains Gift Pack, the Super7 blue Skeletor Micro Vinyl, the Funko VYNL Skeletor, and the ReAction Los Amos Skeletor and Midnight Skeletor.
For more Masters of the Universe Action Vinyls check out the following:
Battle Armor He-Man
Battle Cat (Flocked)
- Action Figure Review Index
- Who is Barbecue17?
- My Toy Review Rating Scale!
- 31 Days of Toy Terror!
- Top 10 Lists and Other Stuff
- Podcasts on The Epic Review
- Oh the Horror!: Horror Movie Reviews!
- The Batgirl Library
- The Dark Knight Gallery
- Fabulous Secret Powers
- Snake Mountain!
- Beast Manor
- The Harley Quinndex
- The Joker's Funhouse
- Tosche Station
- The Kessel Run
- The Crystal Castle