Jabba and a Gamorrean Guard? Both of Leia's costumes and... that's it, right? I mean, I know R2-D2 came with Luke's lightsaber and Bossk and Dengar are in the background, but Jabba's Palace been pretty underutilized by the Black Series thus far. We need Bib Fortuna and we need him now! Anyways, this release of Lando in Tamtel Skreej's outfit gives us another figure from Jabba's Palace and another version of Lando (we now have half of his OT outfits!). Let's check him out after the break...
Height: 5 7/8ths inches
Articulation: Swivel/hinge ankles, double hinged knees, swivel
thighs, ball jointed hips, ball jointed mid-torso, swivel/hinge
shoulders, swivel/hinge elbows, swivel/hinge wrists, a balljointed neck, and a
Accessories: Staff and helmet.
Non-Scalper Price: $20 dollars
* Lando is looking sharp. The dirty, worn skiff guard disguise stands in sharp contrast to Lando's own clothes, which are always impeccably cleaned and tailored. The outfit has many different textures on it, particularly on the metal armored chest piece. Lando's held on to this for a number of years (Tobias Beckett wore it during Solo) so it's definitely appropriately worn and weathered.
first version and I think you'll agree the likeness to Billy Dee Williams is much, much better. Hasbro did a solid job here. I do think there's something a bit off, but that's possibly because it captures Lando with a very serious look on his face. He's usually got that winning grin and honestly looks a bit off without it. It doesn't make sense here, but I do hope the inevitable General Calrissian figure includes a smiling portrait. Dang, I'm so glad that we got more Lando in Solo and that Billy Dee Williams will be in Episode IX. Lando is far too underrated.
* The shoulderpads are actually extra pieces hanging out on Lando's shoulders. They're permanently attached but they bend and move with the shoulder joint, giving the figure a much more complex and lifelike feel.
* As with most other Black Series figures released over the last year or so, Lando's articulation is excellent. Plentiful joints, a solid range of motion, and even the new balljointed neck and balljointed head for extra expressive poses.
* Lando is a bit light on accessories but what he comes with is solid. The force pike has an excellent sculpt and is much more substantial than the pike included with the Phase I Slave Leia.
* The helmet is incredibly sculpted and painted. It's perfect and the figure looks so, so good wearing it. This is an incredible accessory. I'm sure some folks will want two of these figures so they can outfit Beckett with one of these helmets, huh? No one wears it like Lando, though.
Man, this is a good figure. I was really looking forward to this guy and he delivered. The only thing I wish this figure included that it doesn't have is a DL-18 blaster pistol. Lando uses one during the fight at the Great Pit of Carkoon and it would have made a nice extra (especially considering he has a pistol grip right hand already). Still, you can't beat an Original Trilogy figure that's this well done. This is a Great and a 1/2 figure and another very solid entry in one of the best series we've seen in the Black Series.
Thus far the only two Lando Calrissian figures I've reviewed have been the Empire Strikes Back Lando Calrissian and the Solo Lando Calrissian.
For more Star Wars: The Black Series reviews, check out the following:
Siege Battalion Clone Trooper, 212th Attack Battalion Utapau Trooper,
Coruscant Guard ---(Phase II), and 501st Legion Clone Trooper 4 pack
Admiral Ackbar and First Order Officer
C-3PO (Resistance Base)
Captain Cassian Andor (Eadu)
Captain Phasma (Quicksilver Baton)
Captain Poe Dameron
Chewbacca (Target Exclusive)
Chewbacca (The Force Awakens)
Clone Captain Rex (HasCon Exclusive)
Clone Commander Gree
Clone Commander Wolffe
Darth Vader (Emperor's Wrath)
Death Star Trooper
DJ (Canto Bight)
Elite Praetorian Guard
Elite Praetorian Guard (with Heavy Blade)
Enfys Nest's Swoop Bike/ Enfys Nest
Finn (First Order Disguise)
First Order Flametrooper
First Order General Hux
First Order Snowtrooper
First Order Snowtrooper Officer
First Order Special Forces TIE Fighter
First Order Stormtrooper
First Order Stormtrooper Executioner
First Order Stormtrooper (with Gear)
First Order TIE Fighter Pilot
General Leia Organa
Grand Admiral Thrawn (SDCC Exclusive)
Grand Moff Tarkin
Guardians of Evil 4-Pack
Han Solo (Exogorth Escape)
Han Solo (Solo)
Han Solo (The Force Awakens)
Imperial AT-ACT Driver
Imperial Death Trooper
Imperial Death Trooper, Captain Cassian Andor, and Sergeant Jyn Erso (Jedha) 3 pack
Imperial Hovertank Pilot
Imperial Patrol Trooper
Imperial Shock Trooper
Imperial Royal Guard
Inferno Squad Agent
Jaina Solo (Legends)
Kylo Ren (SDCC 2016)
Kylo Ren (The Last Jedi)
Kylo Ren (Starkiller Base)
Kylo Ren (Throne Room)
Lando Calrissian (Solo)
Lando Calrissian (The Empire Strikes Back)
Luke Skywalker (Jedi Master)
Luke Skywalker (Jedi Master)- Ahch-To Island
Obi-Wan Kenobi (Force Spirit)
Obi-Wan Kenobi (SDCC 2016)
1 Clone Trooper Commander, Phase II Clone Trooper, Imperial
Stormtrooper, and First Order ---Stormtrooper Officer four pack
Poe Dameron and First Order Riot Control Stormtrooper
Princess Leia (Bespin Escape)
Princess Leia Organa
R2-A3, R5-K6, and R2-F2
Red Squadron (R2-D2, R5-D8, and R2-X2)
Resistance Tech Rose
Rey (Island Journey)
Rey (Jakku) & BB-8
Rey (Jedi Training)
Rey (Jedi Training)- Crait
Rey (Starkiller Base)
Rey's Speeder (Jakku)
Sandtrooper Sergeant, Crimson Stormtrooper, Lieutenant OXIXO, and R2-Q5
Scarif Stormtrooper Squad Leader
Sergeant Jyn Erso (Eadu)
Sergeant Jyn Erso (Jedha)
Stormtrooper (With Blast Accessories)
Supreme Leader Snoke (Throne Room)
X-34 Landspeeder & Luke Skywalker (SDCC Exclusive)
X-Wing Pilot Asty
- Action Figure Review Index
- Who is Barbecue17?
- My Toy Review Rating Scale!
- 31 Days of Toy Terror!
- Other Reviews and Stuff
- Podcasts on The Epic Review
- Oh the Horror!: Horror Movie Reviews!
- The Batgirl Library
- The Dark Knight Gallery
- Fabulous Secret Powers
- Snake Mountain!
- Beast Manor
- The Harley Quinndex
- The Joker's Funhouse
- Tosche Station
- The Kessel Run