Lando Calrissian who has cobbled herself together from a variety of droid pieces. She's also very interested in the concept of droid rights, and it seems to be for this reason that the character is getting so much hate. While C-3PO wasn't what anyone would call an activist, aren't there plenty of times when he opines about how droids are treated? It seemed like a logical perspective for an in-universe character to have to me. Anyways, I'm still mystified why Hasbro didn't release many of these main Solo characters when the film was released but we're just now getting a few of them so let's check out L3-37 after the break...
Height: 5 7/8ths inches
Articulation: Hinged ankles, swivel knees, balljointed hips, balljointed mid-torso, balljointed shoulders with hinges, bicep swivel/hinge elbows, swivel/hinge wrists, balljointed neck, and a balljointed head.
Non-Scalper Price: $20 dollars
* L3-37 is an impressing looking figure. Hasbro did a rather admirable job of taking the character's unique, cobbled together design and translating it into an action figure. While the actual film design has some elements that would be nearly impossible to capture, the figure visually works really well within the Black Series. There is a lot of detailed sculpting and paintwork here that shows off some really strong work by Hasbro.
* From the back you can see the many intricate wires and small elements Hasbro has captured here. I love the work here. L3-37 is a pretty unique looking droid and the piecemeal nature of her design is definitely represented.
* The paint work is overall quite impressive. I love the various colors and weathering here. It's quite well done and definitely shows off the improvements the line has experienced over the past year or so.
* The legs have detail inside and out and capture the character's unique design. The various wires that run up and down the interior of the legs are separate pieces permanently attached but they give off the feeling of a mixed media piece.
* It might be faithful to the film but L3's small feet really make standing difficult. Near impossible, you might say. Hasbro should have either made them a bit larger or included a stand of sorts. L3-37 is probably going to be making a few tumbles from your shelf if you're not careful.
* L3-37 doesn't have the best articulation. Some places are fairly solid but the elbows and hips are really poorly executed. The design has wires in these places so when you try to move anything you risk straining and breaking the wires. You gotta be really careful here, something that makes a toy much less fun.
* So... L3-37 has a pretty nice looking dome with some great detail and some nice paint applications, but it's not as accurate as you would hope. It seems that Hasbro's design is based off of some earlier images that didn't have the photo-receptors in place. It' a good sculpt, but it's not as accurate as I would like. What do you do with that?
This is the first figure of L3-37 I've reviewed. If you're looking for more Star Wars: The Black Series figures, check out the following:
Siege Battalion Clone Trooper, 212th Attack Battalion Utapau Trooper,
Coruscant Guard ---(Phase II), and 501st Legion Clone Trooper 4 pack
Admiral Ackbar and First Order Officer
C-3PO (Resistance Base)
Captain Cassian Andor (Eadu)
Captain Phasma (Quicksilver Baton)
Captain Poe Dameron
Chewbacca (Target Exclusive)
Chewbacca (The Force Awakens)
Clone Captain Rex (HasCon Exclusive)
Clone Commander Gree
Clone Commander Wolffe
Darth Vader (Emperor's Wrath)
Death Star Trooper
DJ (Canto Bight)
Elite Praetorian Guard
Elite Praetorian Guard (with Heavy Blade)
Enfys Nest's Swoop Bike/ Enfys Nest
Finn (First Order Disguise)
First Order Flametrooper
First Order General Hux
First Order Snowtrooper
First Order Snowtrooper Officer
First Order Special Forces TIE Fighter
First Order Stormtrooper
First Order Stormtrooper Executioner
First Order Stormtrooper (with Gear)
First Order TIE Fighter Pilot
General Leia Organa
Grand Admiral Thrawn (SDCC Exclusive)
Grand Moff Tarkin
Guardians of Evil 4-Pack
Han Solo (Exogorth Escape)
Han Solo (Solo)
Han Solo (The Force Awakens)
Imperial AT-ACT Driver
Imperial Death Trooper
Imperial Death Trooper, Captain Cassian Andor, and Sergeant Jyn Erso (Jedha) 3 pack
Imperial Hovertank Pilot
Imperial Patrol Trooper
Imperial Shock Trooper
Imperial Royal Guard
Inferno Squad Agent
Jaina Solo (Legends)
Kylo Ren (SDCC 2016)
Kylo Ren (The Last Jedi)
Kylo Ren (Starkiller Base)
Kylo Ren (Throne Room)
Lando Calrissian (Solo)
Lando Calrissian (The Empire Strikes Back)
Luke Skywalker (Jedi Master)
Luke Skywalker (Jedi Master)- Ahch-To Island
Obi-Wan Kenobi (Force Spirit)
Obi-Wan Kenobi (SDCC 2016)
1 Clone Trooper Commander, Phase II Clone Trooper, Imperial
Stormtrooper, and First Order ---Stormtrooper Officer four pack
Poe Dameron and First Order Riot Control Stormtrooper
Princess Leia (Bespin Escape)
Princess Leia Organa
R2-A3, R5-K6, and R2-F2
Red Squadron (R2-D2, R5-D8, and R2-X2)
Resistance Tech Rose
Rey (Island Journey)
Rey (Jakku) & BB-8
Rey (Jedi Training)
Rey (Jedi Training)- Crait
Rey (Starkiller Base)
Rey's Speeder (Jakku)
Sandtrooper Sergeant, Crimson Stormtrooper, Lieutenant OXIXO, and R2-Q5
Scarif Stormtrooper Squad Leader
Sergeant Jyn Erso (Eadu)
Sergeant Jyn Erso (Jedha)
Stormtrooper (With Blast Accessories)
Supreme Leader Snoke (Throne Room)
X-34 Landspeeder & Luke Skywalker (SDCC Exclusive)
X-Wing Pilot Asty
- Action Figure Review Index
- Who is Barbecue17?
- My Toy Review Rating Scale!
- 31 Days of Toy Terror!
- Other Reviews and Stuff
- Barbecue17's Trading Post!
- Podcasts on The Epic Review
- Oh the Horror!: Horror Movie Reviews!
- The Batgirl Library
- The Dark Knight Gallery
- Fabulous Secret Powers
- Snake Mountain!
- The Harley Quinndex
- The Joker's Funhouse
- Tosche Station
- A Tour of the DC Universe Podcast