- Action Figure Review Index
- Who is Barbecue17?
- My Toy Review Rating Scale!
- 31 Days of Toy Terror!
- Top 10 Lists and Other Stuff
- Podcasts on The Epic Review
- Oh the Horror!: Horror Movie Reviews!
- The Batgirl Library
- The Dark Knight Gallery
- Fabulous Secret Powers
- Snake Mountain!
- Beast Manor
- The Harley Quinndex
- The Joker's Funhouse
- Tosche Station
- The Kessel Run
- The Crystal Castle
- Teela: Warrior Goddess
Saturday, November 3, 2018
Action Figure Review: Stormtrooper (Mimban) from Star Wars: The Black Series Phase III by Hasbro
Height: 6 1/8ths inches
Articulation: Swivel/hinge, double hinged knees, swivel thighs, ball jointed hips, a ball jointed abdomen, swivel/hinge shoulders, swivel biceps, double hinged elbows, swivel/hinge wrists, a hinged neck, and a ball jointed head.
Accessories: BlasTech E-11 blaster rifle.
Non-Scalper Price: $20 dollars
* While the Mimban Stormtrooper features a new head and a new cloak, he still shares the standard body with the basic Stormtrooper we've seen since 2014. That's OK, though, as it's still a solid sculpt. The articulation feels more solid and less rubbery here, too, so that's an improvement.
* Again, we're using the same body that we've seen for Stormtroopers many times but this time Hasbro has cast the plastic in an off-white color and given it lots of paint applications to recreate the look of armor covered in mud and muck. It's a pretty solid look and, coupled with the presence of the cloak and new helmet, definitely makes for a unique looking figure.
* The boots are really muddy. Again, the paintwork is quite impressive and definitely makes this guy feel very unique. I believe the boots are supposed to be brown on these guys, which was handled correctly here, too.
* The Mimban Stormtrooper/ Wet-weather Gear Stormtrooper has a helmet that is slightly different than the standard Stormtrooper. It has a more armored forehead which is supposed to house some extra targeting computers to help the troops fight in battlefields with intense weather. It's a solid looking helmet with a great design and a nice mixture of clean detailed paint applications and messy "mud" applications.
* The Mimban Stormtroopers come with weatherproofed cloaks and Hasbro has added a pretty nice cloak on the back of this figure. Not only does it look great but it has a really cool "feel" to it. It feels like a weatherproofed material of sorts. It also has some weathering to it that gives it a worn look. It's pretty cool!
* While the Mimban Stormtrooper has the same articulation as most other Stormtrooper figures that have come before, the elbows and knees feel much more solid and far less rubbery than previous efforts. He's a fun figure and while the articulation may need an upgrade at some point, it's still pretty good for a mass market toyline.
* The Mimban Stormtrooper comes with one of the modified E-11 blasters that we saw included with many of the Rogue One figures. It doesn't have any paint applications but it looks nice and is still a cool accessory. Other Mimban Stormtroopers (the S.H. Figuarts version and Hasbro's 1/18th scale versions) come with different weapons, including an E-10 and a long blaster rifle of sorts, which sadly were not included.
* Some of the Mimban Stormtroopers in the film have bandoliers. It's a real shame that Hasbro didn't give the figure a removable bandolier so that collectors could army build these guys more effectively.
* Since this figure reuses the body from the original Stormtrooper, the Mimban Stormtrooper has the same holster as that figure. Unfortunately, since the Mimban trooper has the modified E-11, the blaster won't fit inside of the holster. Oops! That's a big no-no in my book. He should have had a new belt molded for this figure, as the accessory just cannot fully function with this figure.
I've reviewed quite a few Stormtroopers! Besides the basic Black Series Stormtrooper I've also reviewed the Stormtrooper (with blast accessories), the battle damaged Stormtrooper from the Amazon 4-pack, and the Crimson Stormtrooper from the Entertainment Earth 4-pack. I've also reviewed the Hero Mashers Stormtrooper, the Vintage Collection's TK-421, three of the Rebels sets with Stormtroopers (Garazeb "Zeb" Orrelios and Stormtrooper, Sabine Wren and Stormtrooper, and Stormtrooper Commander and Hera Syndulla), the Micro Machines Ice Planet Hoth playset with a Stormtrooper microfigure, and the Stormtrooper Mini Head.
For more Star Wars: The Black Series Phase III figures, check out the following:
442nd Siege Battalion Clone Trooper, 212th Attack Battalion Utapau Trooper, Coruscant Guard ---(Phase II), and 501st Legion Clone Trooper 4 pack
Admiral Ackbar and First Order Officer
C-3PO (Resistance Base)
Captain Cassian Andor (Eadu)
Captain Phasma (Quicksilver Baton)
Captain Poe Dameron
Chewbacca (Target Exclusive)
Chewbacca (The Force Awakens)
Clone Captain Rex (HasCon Exclusive)
Clone Commander Gree
Clone Commander Wolffe
Darth Vader (Emperor's Wrath)
Death Star Trooper
DJ (Canto Bight)
Elite Praetorian Guard
Elite Praetorian Guard (with Heavy Blade)
Enfys Nest's Swoop Bike/ Enfys Nest
Finn (First Order Disguise)
First Order Flametrooper
First Order General Hux
First Order Snowtrooper
First Order Snowtrooper Officer
First Order Special Forces TIE Fighter
First Order Stormtrooper
First Order Stormtrooper Executioner
First Order Stormtrooper (with Gear)
First Order TIE Fighter Pilot
General Leia Organa
Grand Admiral Thrawn (SDCC Exclusive)
Grand Moff Tarkin
Guardians of Evil 4-Pack
Han Solo (Exogorth Escape)
Han Solo (Solo)
Han Solo (The Force Awakens)
Imperial AT-ACT Driver
Imperial Death Trooper
Imperial Death Trooper, Captain Cassian Andor, and Sergeant Jyn Erso (Jedha) 3 pack
Imperial Hovertank Pilot
Imperial Shock Trooper
Imperial Royal Guard
Inferno Squad Agent
Jaina Solo (Legends)
Kylo Ren (SDCC 2016)
Kylo Ren (The Last Jedi)
Kylo Ren (Starkiller Base)
Kylo Ren (Throne Room)
Lando Calrissian (Solo)
Lando Calrissian (The Empire Strikes Back)
Luke Skywalker (Jedi Master)
Luke Skywalker (Jedi Master)- Ahch-To Island
Obi-Wan Kenobi (Force Spirit)
Obi-Wan Kenobi (SDCC 2016)
Phase 1 Clone Trooper Commander, Phase II Clone Trooper, Imperial Stormtrooper, and First Order ---Stormtrooper Officer four pack
Poe Dameron and First Order Riot Control Stormtrooper
Princess Leia (Bespin Escape)
Princess Leia Organa
R2-A3, R5-K6, and R2-F2
Red Squadron (R2-D2, R5-D8, and R2-X2)
Resistance Tech Rose
Rey (Island Journey)
Rey (Jakku) & BB-8
Rey (Jedi Training)
Rey (Jedi Training)- Crait
Rey (Starkiller Base)
Rey's Speeder (Jakku)
Sandtrooper Sergeant, Crimson Stormtrooper, Lieutenant OXIXO, and R2-Q5
Scarif Stormtrooper Squad Leader
Sergeant Jyn Erso (Eadu)
Sergeant Jyn Erso (Jedha)
Stormtrooper (With Blast Accessories)
Supreme Leader Snoke (Throne Room)
X-34 Landspeeder & Luke Skywalker (SDCC Exclusive)
X-Wing Pilot Asty