- Action Figure Review Index
- Who is Barbecue17?
- My Toy Review Rating Scale!
- 31 Days of Toy Terror!
- Other Reviews and Stuff
- Barbecue17's Trading Post!
- Podcasts on The Epic Review
- Oh the Horror!: Horror Movie Reviews!
- The Batgirl Library
- The Dark Knight Gallery
- Fabulous Secret Powers
- Snake Mountain!
- The Harley Quinndex
- The Joker's Funhouse
- Tosche Station
- A Tour of the DC Universe Podcast
Saturday, April 20, 2019
Action Figure Review: Mekaneck from Masters of the Universe ReAction by Super7
Height: 3 7/8ths (4 5/8ths inches fully extended!)
Articulation: Swivel hinges, swivel shoulders, and an extending neck.
Non-Scalper Price: $15 dollars
* Mekaneck looks great. Seriously, I think he's one of the most impressive looking of the ReAction figures. The bright primary colors (mixed with some silver) always look good in Masters of the Universe but Mekaneck adds in the immensely cool armor that Mekaneck wears. The detail on the chest armor is excellent and captures the unusual tech stylings of classic MOTU.
* As mentioned above, I love the look of Mekaneck's helmet. It's such an odd shape, but Orius looks really cool in it. I love the angular points and the silver lenses.
* Similar to the vintage figure and the 200x figure, Mekaneck's neck actually extends out of his torso to reveal a long mechanical looking neck. A mecha neck, if you will. Unlike those figures, though, (which required you to swivel the waist of the figure) this Mekaneck's neck simply slides in and out of his torso. There is a slot on his back with a small tab you can use to raise and lower the neck, too. It works great and really just adds to the coolness of the figure. While many adult collectors prefer for companies to avoid action features (because sometimes they're terrible), stuff like this just makes a figure so much more playable!
* If you've ever picked up a retro figure like this, you know what to expect, although the sliding neck is a bit unique. Mekaneck feels quite well made and sturdy and definitely of a better quality than some of the earlier ReAction figures that Funko put out. Super7 has been very consistent in the quality of their ReAction lines and I'm excited to see if they add any more similar action features to various ReAction figures in the future.
* I absolutely love Mekaneck's silver boots. I love that they're silver while still having furry cuffs and apparently being wrapped. The silver is just incredible and helps this guy stand out all the more.
* Mekaneck's weapon was never one of my favorites but the sculpt of his club is pretty detailed. He holds it well and it matches the vintage toy rather nicely.
* The card art on most ReAction figures released by Super7 is beautiful and their Masters of the Universe line is no exception. Mekaneck features a beautiful illustration of the character by Jason Edmiston. I love how he's casually hoisting his weapon over his shoulder. Mekneck ain't bothered! To preserve the card I actually made a slit in the top of the blister so I can slide the figure in and out. It work great and allows the figure to be displayed inside and outside of the card. I installed some retail like pegs in my hobby room to hang these from. They look great!
* My only negative here is that Mekaneck's trunks don't match up. The trunks on the torso piece don't match up to the color of the trunks on the leg piece. Bummer.
If you're a Mekaneck fan check out my review of the M.U.S.C.L.E. Mekaneck from series 3, Pack D
For more Masters of the Universe ReAction figures check out the following: