- Action Figure Review Index
- Who is Barbecue17?
- My Toy Review Rating Scale!
- 31 Days of Toy Terror!
- Other Reviews and Stuff
- Podcasts on The Epic Review
- Oh the Horror!: Horror Movie Reviews!
- The Batgirl Library
- The Dark Knight Gallery
- Fabulous Secret Powers
- Snake Mountain!
- Beast Manor
- The Harley Quinndex
- The Joker's Funhouse
- Tosche Station
- The Kessel Run
Thursday, October 6, 2016
Road to Rogue One: Imperial Hovertank Pilot from Star Wars: The Black Series Phase III by Hasbro
Height: 6 inches
Articulation: Swivel/hinge ankles, double hinged knees, swivel thighs, ball jointed hips, ball jointed mid-torso, swivel/hinge shoulders, swivel/hinge elbows, swivel/hinge wrists, a hinged neck, and a ball jointed head.
Accessories: E-11 Blaster rifle
Non-Scalper Price: $20 dollars
* I'm a huge fan of the various armored troops we see in the Star Wars Universe and I love how you can look at the armor and see so many similarities with an infinite number of varieties. This guy reminds me of a Phase II Clone Trooper from Revenge of the Sith, perhaps one of the tank drivers. I love the armored visor and the various grills and details on helmet. I'm also digging the weathering. This one looks really, really good.
* Here's a look at the main torso. This guy just rocks, right? I love the armor on his torso. He's actually not wearing any armor on his legs, but that certainly must make piloting a Hovertank much easier. If he needs to peak out of the top or man a turret, the armored upper torso must surely come in handy, though.
* The Hovertank Pilot is wearing some pretty slick boots. I love the details on them (the knee pads are also asymmetrical, just like a standard Stormtrooper's footwear) and the paint weathering continues down here. Hasbro really has done an amazing job with the paintwork here. It's a huge improvement over many other figures in the line.
* The Hovertank Pilot comes equipped a little bit lightly, but I'm never one to turn down a BlasTech E-11. What's cool is that not only is this a new sculpt but it features some sort of sensor or target designator on the barrel. Lots of the Rogue One figures have these designators, so I'm wondering if this is a feature we'll see on the weapons in Rogue One.
* You know, usually I talk about articulation first but this guy is so darn cool looking that I kind of focused on that aspect of the toy. Just know that this guy is as well articulated as any other Black Series figure. He's sturdy and quite fun to play with. I love sitting around and putting this guy in cool battle poses and I'm pretty sure you'll dig him, too.
* If I have a complaint about this figure, it's really just that I would have liked to have seen his armored visor have the ability to rotate up and down. That seems like it might have been a cool feature.
First Order Snowtroopers and essentially get cut from the film. Whatever the case, a cool toy is a cool toy and the Hovertank Pilot is a cool toy. He's exclusive to Toys 'R Us so you'll have to scout around their to find him. He's a Great and a 1/2 figure, though, and well worth picking up.
Interested in more Star Wars: The Black Series action figures? Then check out these other reviews:
Star Wars: The Black Series (6 inch) by Hasbro (2013)
Luke Skywalker (Bespin Outfit)
Luke Skywalker (X-Wing Pilot)
Obi-Wan Kenobi (Revenge of the Sith)
Princess Leia (Slave Outfit)
Star Wars: The Black Series Phase II (6 inch) by Hasbro (2014)
Boba Fett (Prototype Armor)
Clone Commander Cody
Clone Trooper Captain
Clone Trooper Sergeant
Han Solo & Tauntaun
Han Solo (Stormtrooper Disguise)
Luke Skywalker (Jedi Knight)
Luke Skywalker (Stormtrooper Disguise)
Luke Skywalker & Wampa
Princess Leia Organa (Boushh)
Star Wars: The Black Series Phase III (6 inch) by Hasbro (2015)
Captain Cassian Andor (Eadu)
Darth Vader (Emperor's Wrath)
First Order Flametrooper
First Order General Hux
First Order Snowtrooper
First Order Snowtrooper Officer
First Order Special Forces TIE Fighter
First Order Stormtrooper
First Order TIE Fighter Pilot
Imperial Death Trooper
Imperial Shock Trooper
Kylo Ren (SDCC 2016)
Kylo Ren (Starkiller Base)
Phase 1 Clone Trooper Commander, Phase II Clone Trooper, Imperial Stormtrooper, and First Order ---Stormtrooper Officer four pack
Poe Dameron and First Order Riot Control Stormtrooper
Rey (Jakku) & BB-8
Rey (Starkiller Base)
Sandtrooper Sergeant, Crimson Stormtrooper, Lieutenant OXIXO, and R2-Q5
X-Wing Pilot Asty