- Action Figure Review Index
- Who is Barbecue17?
- My Toy Review Rating Scale!
- 31 Days of Toy Terror!
- Top 10 Lists and Other Stuff
- Podcasts on The Epic Review
- Oh the Horror!: Horror Movie Reviews!
- The Batgirl Library
- The Dark Knight Gallery
- Fabulous Secret Powers
- Snake Mountain!
- Beast Manor
- The Harley Quinndex
- The Joker's Funhouse
- Tosche Station
- The Kessel Run
- The Crystal Castle
- Teela: Warrior Goddess
- Trap Jaw's Tourist Trap
Tuesday, July 2, 2019
Minifigure Review: Cyclist Bike Racer from Imagnext Series 12 by Fisher-Price
Height: 2 7/8ths inches
Articulation: Hinged hips, swivel/hinge shoulders, swivel wrists, and a swivel neck.
Accessories: 4 piece bicycle
Non-Scalper Price: $3-$4 dollars
* There's a lot that I like about this figure. First, I like the color scheme. Blue and yellow look nice together as it reminds me of various DC characters like Guardian and Dr. Fate. Second, the texturing is cool. There's a "ribbed" look on the shoulders, ribs, and inner arms and legs. Lastly, not only is the Imaginext "i" prominent but it is depicted on some yellow dashes that look like the diving lines on a road. It's a nice look for a cyclist.
* The headsculpt is pretty cool too, especially because of the nicely rendered bicycle helmet. There are even small holes in the helmet to improve air circulation. The Cyclist himself has a determined look, some slick red wraparound sunglasses, and a stylish goatee. Win it, bro!
* Like most other Imaginext figures, this guy features just enough articulation be fun but not enough to make him hard to stand up. These are always fun, durable toys and I'm glad Fisher-Price has kept the style consistent for so long now.
* What good is a Cyclist without a bicycle? This guy comes with a yellow bicycle with blue features and red wheels. It's actually a 4 piece bicycle as the front half and the wheels are removable from the main body. I like the bright primary colors of it. They might look a little toyish, but I'm definitely OK with that here. It's a fun look that matches the style of the figure.
* The Cyclist looks really good on his bicycle, too. He sits over the body easily and his hands grip the handlebars securely. The bicycle pedals have tabs on the bottom which help keep the bicycle standing upright, so you can simply display the cyclist on his bike. It's very well thought out and designed.
* The blue and yellow color scheme looks great but some of the paint is a bit iffy. Not great but not terrible. Still, for such a simple design I would have hoped things were just a bit neater.
Monkey Tiger) but he's definitely not a disappointment. For series 12 I'd go with this order, from best to worst: Monkey Tiger, Black Clawtron Robot, Empire State "Big" Robot Building, Cyclist Bike Racer, the Female Backpacker Camper, and the Surfer.
This is the first Cyclist Bike Rider I've reviewed. For more Imaginext Collectible Figures check out the following:
Imaginext: Collectible Figures Series 2 by Fisher-Price (2014)
Imaginext: Collectible Figures Series 3 by Fisher-Price (2014)
Imaginext: Collectible Figures Series 4 by Fisher-Price (2015)
Imaginext: Collectible Figures Series 5 by Fisher-Price (2015)
Crash Test Dummy
Imaginext: Collectible Figures Series 6 by Fisher-Price (2015)
4 Arm Alien
Imaginext: Collectible Figures Series 7 by Fisher-Price (2016)
Imaginext: Collectible Figures Series 8 by Fisher-Price (2017)
Imaginext: Collectible Figures Series 10 by Fisher-Price (2018)
Astronaut Boy w/ Alien Pet
Hot Dog Guy
Imaginext: Collectible Figures Series 11 by Fisher-Price (2018)
Centaur Horse Man
Imaginext: Collectible Figures Series 12 by Fisher-Price (2019)
Black Clawtron Robot
Empire State "Big" Robot Building
Female Backpacker Camper