BT-1, 0-0-0 roams the galaxy looking for savage and sadistic ways to harm humans. Wouldn't this guy get along well with HK-47? 0-0-0 is the result of something called the Triple-Zero protocol personality matrix, a device studied by Wat Tambor, later being put into the body of a standard protocol droid shortly after the Battle of Yavin. In the most recent series of Black Series figures Hasbro has included three characters from the new canon: BT-1, 0-0-0 here, and Doctor Aphra. What's interesting is that all three of these figures largely rely on reuse. Smart reuse, however. While Hasbro has definitely reused sculpts for figures like Stormtroopers, Clone Troopers, and other figures of the sort, reuse has been pretty minimal in this line. With smart reuse, however, hopefully Hasbro is more willing to give us more figures from both the New Canon and the Expanded Universe/ Legends that might not warrant completely new sculpts. Let's check out 0-0-0 and see how effective a figure that's 95% reuse can fully be!
Height: 5 3/4ths inches
Articulation: Swivel/hinge ankles, hinged knees, thigh swivels, balljointed hips, balljointed mid-torso, swivel/hinge shoulders, swivel
shoulder covers, bicep swivel/hinge elbows with hinged pistons, swivel/hinge wrists,hinged neck, and a balljointed head.
Accessories: 4 interchangeable hands.
Non-Scalper Price: $20 dollars.
* Other than his weaponized hands 0-0-0 is all reused from C-3PO and 4-LOM. His legs, body, and head completely come from C-3PO while the improved arms and regular hands come from 4-LOM. Hasbro did a great job of combining to make the most accurate and best version of a protocol droid we've yet seen. When Hasbro ever releases any future protocol droids, this is the model they need to go with.
* Triple Zero is an awesome protocol droid build. Hasbro did a great job with the sculpt on both figures that 0-0-0 borrows parts from. I love the darker color scheme here, which is just such a key part of the character. It's fun, although a bit unnerving, to have two droids that look so much like C-3PO and R2-D2 yet who act so completely differently. He's very terrifying and frightening in a very subtle, underplayed way.
* The headsculpt is also reused from C-3PO but, again, the darker color and the bright red eyes are spot on. Isn't it weird to have this degree of menace emanating from a face that looks like Threepio?
* Both C-3PO figures had "fixed" elbows, but this figure uses the articulated elbows with working hinged from 4-LOM. It's a fun addition that really improves the figure.
* 0-0-0 has the same visible wiring in his mid-section that C-3PO has. The paintwork is excellent and very neat and clean.
* While 0-0-0 is a protocol droid he still has a pretty great complement
of articulation featuring every joint you'd expect from a Black Series
figure. The joints are really well worked out to fit the droid's body,
though, as the mid-torso joint is right above the mass of wires
at his stomach and his hinged knees function in the way you'd expect
due to the design of the costume. He's another quality, durable figure from Hasbro.
* The only new elements here are 0-0-0's weaponized hands. His standard hands pop out and these babies can slip right in. The right hand features all kinds of blades, saws, and a spinning circular saw in place of a right thumb.
* The left hand feaures more blades, blasters, shockers, and a blowtorch on the left ring finger.
You know what? 0-0-0 is an Epic figure. Yeah, he's not really all that "new" but Hasbro took the best parts from two other droids, gave him some new hands, and a killer paint job and created a brand new character. I'm loving the Marvel Comics series, as it's some of my favorite Star Wars stuff ever and I'm glad to get some figures from it. Hopefully Hasbro keeps it up. I'm all about some creative reuse and 0-0-0 does it well. Pick this guy up! You'll be glad you did!
This is the first figure of 0-0-0 (Triple Zero) I've reviewed. For more Star Wars: The Black Series Phase III reviews check out the following:
Siege Battalion Clone Trooper, 212th Attack Battalion Utapau Trooper,
Coruscant Guard ---(Phase II), and 501st Legion Clone Trooper 4 pack
Admiral Ackbar and First Order Officer
C-3PO (Resistance Base)
Captain Cassian Andor (Eadu)
Captain Phasma (Quicksilver Baton)
Captain Poe Dameron
Chewbacca (Target Exclusive)
Chewbacca (The Force Awakens)
Clone Captain Rex (HasCon Exclusive)
Clone Commander Gree
Clone Commander Wolffe
Darth Vader (Emperor's Wrath)
Death Star Trooper
DJ (Canto Bight)
Elite Praetorian Guard
Elite Praetorian Guard (with Heavy Blade)
Enfys Nest's Swoop Bike/ Enfys Nest
Finn (First Order Disguise)
First Order Flametrooper
First Order General Hux
First Order Snowtrooper
First Order Snowtrooper Officer
First Order Special Forces TIE Fighter
First Order Stormtrooper
First Order Stormtrooper Executioner
First Order Stormtrooper (with Gear)
First Order TIE Fighter Pilot
General Leia Organa
Grand Admiral Thrawn (SDCC Exclusive)
Grand Moff Tarkin
Guardians of Evil 4-Pack
Han Solo (Exogorth Escape)
Han Solo (Mimban)
Han Solo (Solo)
Han Solo (The Force Awakens)
Imperial AT-ACT Driver
Imperial Death Trooper
Imperial Death Trooper, Captain Cassian Andor, and Sergeant Jyn Erso (Jedha) 3 pack
Imperial Hovertank Pilot
Imperial Patrol Trooper
Imperial Shock Trooper
Imperial Royal Guard
Inferno Squad Agent
Jaina Solo (Legends)
Kylo Ren (SDCC 2016)
Kylo Ren (The Last Jedi)
Kylo Ren (Starkiller Base)
Kylo Ren (Throne Room)
Lando Calrissian (Solo)
Lando Calrissian (The Empire Strikes Back)
Lando Calrissian (Skiff Guard)
Luke Skywalker (Jedi Master)
Luke Skywalker (Jedi Master)- Ahch-To Island
Obi-Wan Kenobi (Force Spirit)
Obi-Wan Kenobi (SDCC 2016)
1 Clone Trooper Commander, Phase II Clone Trooper, Imperial
Stormtrooper, and First Order ---Stormtrooper Officer four pack
Poe Dameron and First Order Riot Control Stormtrooper
Princess Leia (Bespin Escape)
Princess Leia Organa
Princess Leia Organa (Hoth)
R2-A3, R5-K6, and R2-F2
Red Squadron (R2-D2, R5-D8, and R2-X2)
Resistance Tech Rose
Rey (Island Journey)
Rey (Jakku) & BB-8
Rey (Jedi Training)
Rey (Jedi Training)- Crait
Rey (Starkiller Base)
Rey's Speeder (Jakku)
Sandtrooper Sergeant, Crimson Stormtrooper, Lieutenant OXIXO, and R2-Q5
Scarif Stormtrooper Squad Leader
Sergeant Jyn Erso (Eadu)
Sergeant Jyn Erso (Jedha)
Stormtrooper (With Blast Accessories)
Supreme Leader Snoke (Throne Room)
Vice Admiral Holdo
X-34 Landspeeder & Luke Skywalker (SDCC Exclusive)
X-Wing Pilot Asty
- Action Figure Review Index
- Who is Barbecue17?
- My Toy Review Rating Scale!
- 31 Days of Toy Terror!
- Top 10 Lists and Other Stuff
- Podcasts on The Epic Review
- Oh the Horror!: Horror Movie Reviews!
- The Batgirl Library
- The Dark Knight Gallery
- Fabulous Secret Powers
- Snake Mountain!
- Beast Manor
- The Harley Quinndex
- The Joker's Funhouse
- Tosche Station
- The Kessel Run
- The Crystal Castle
- Teela: Warrior Goddess
- Trap Jaw's Tourist Trap
- Cringer's Crib