Supreme Leader Snoke and the Guardians of Evil 4-Pack and now the third exclusive is showing up: The Inferno Squad Agent from the upcoming Star Wars Battlefront II. I really don't play many video games these days, particularly games that require online play or that rely heavily on online multiplayer so I ignored the first Battlefront due to its lack of a story mode. Battlefront II has my attention, however, as it seems to have a pretty impressive story mode based around the new Imperial special forces unit Inferno Squad. The tie-in book Battlefront II: Inferno Squad was pretty good and definitely has me interested to see where the game goes story wise. Action figure wise, I do wish we had received a figure of Iden Version first. As the field commander of Inferno Squad, Iden Versio is easily the main protagonist of the game, so her absence is noted. Of course, this generic Inferno Squad Agent is mostly a simple repaint of the previously released TIE Pilot. Let's see what's new after the break...
Height: 6 1/4
Articulation: Swivel/hinge ankles, double hinged knees, swivel thighs,
ball jointed hips, ball jointed mid torso, swivel/hinge shoulders,
swivel/hinge elbows, swivel/hinge wrists, hinged neck, ball jointed
Accessories: E-11 Blaster Rifle, belt.
Non-Scalper Retail Price: $22
* As I mentioned in the into, the Inferno Squad Agent is mostly a repaint of the Phase II TIE Pilot figure. The only real difference other than paint applications is that the belt is different. While the TIE Pilot has a non-removable belt with a simple holster, the Inferno Squad Agent uses the same removable Stormtrooper belt that came with Han Solo. For the full scoop on the figure's sculpting and articulation, check out the original TIE Pilot review.
* The most recognizable new aspect of the Inferno Squad Agent are the paint applications on the helmet and the red lenses on the TIE Pilot helmet. I really do like the red highlights on the side of the helmet and the presence of both the Imperial crest and the Inferno Squad logo.
* The right side of the figure also has a red blood stripe down the right sleeve and right pants leg. It's a simple feature but it does look pretty cool. Both the left and right shoulder also feature the Inferno Squad logo.
* The chest box features the slightly different color pattern that the Inferno Squad Agents seem to be sporting in the game stills we've seen so far.
* Like most Imperial figures, the Inferno Squad Agent includes an E-11. It's the same model we've seen dozens of time before but this time it has been given a drybrushed effect to give it the appearance of burnished steel. It's a nice effect that does help to give it a cooler, more weathered vibe.
* The removable Stormtrooper utility belt is a nice effect and does seem to be accurate to what some of the Inferno Squad Agents wear. It snaps easily and has a holster for the E-11.
This is the first Inferno Squad Agent figure we've seen released. If you're interested in more TIE Fighter Pilots, I've reviewed the Special Forces TIE Fighter which included the Special Forces TIE Fighter Pilot, the standard First Order TIE Figher Pilot, the POP! TIE Fighter Pilot #89, the standard Imperial TIE Pilot, and the Entertainment Earth exclusive Lt. OXIXO. If you're looking for more Black Series figures, though, check out the following:
Siege Battalion Clone Trooper, 212th Attack Battalion Utapau Trooper,
Coruscant Guard ---(Phase II), and 501st Legion Clone Trooper 4 pack
Admiral Ackbar and First Order Officer
Captain Cassian Andor (Eadu)
Captain Poe Dameron
C-3PO (Resistance Base)
Clone Captain Rex (HasCon Exclusive)
Clone Commander Gree
Darth Vader (Emperor's Wrath)
Elite Praetorian Guard
Finn (First Order Disguise)
First Order Flametrooper
First Order General Hux
First Order Snowtrooper
First Order Snowtrooper Officer
First Order Special Forces TIE Fighter
First Order Stormtrooper
First Order Stormtrooper Executioner
First Order TIE Fighter Pilot
General Leia Organa
Grand Admiral Thrawn (SDCC Exclusive)
Guardians of Evil 4-Pack
Imperial AT-ACT Driver
Imperial Death Trooper
Imperial Death Trooper, Captain Cassian Andor, and Sergeant Jyn Erso (Jedha) 3 pack
Imperial Hovertank Pilot
Imperial Shock Trooper
Imperial Royal Guard
Kylo Ren (SDCC 2016)
Kylo Ren (The Last Jedi)
Kylo Ren (Starkiller Base)
Luke Skywalker (Jedi Master)
Obi-Wan Kenobi (SDCC 2016)
1 Clone Trooper Commander, Phase II Clone Trooper, Imperial
Stormtrooper, and First Order ---Stormtrooper Officer four pack
Poe Dameron and First Order Riot Control Stormtrooper
Princess Leia Organa
R2-A3, R5-K6, and R2-F2
Rey (Jakku) & BB-8
Rey (Jedi Training)
Rey (Starkiller Base)
Rey's Speeder (Jakku)
Sandtrooper Sergeant, Crimson Stormtrooper, Lieutenant OXIXO, and R2-Q5
Scarif Stormtrooper Squad Leader
Sergeant Jyn Erso (Eadu)
Sergeant Jyn Erso (Jedha)
Supreme Leader Snoke (Throne Room)
X-34 Landspeeder & Luke Skywalker (SDCC Exclusive)
X-Wing Pilot Asty
- Action Figure Review Index
- Who is Barbecue17?
- My Toy Review Rating Scale!
- 31 Days of Toy Terror!
- Other Reviews and Stuff
- Barbecue17's Trading Post!
- Podcasts on The Epic Review
- Oh the Horror!: Horror Movie Reviews!
- The Batgirl Library
- The Dark Knight Gallery
- Fabulous Secret Powers
- The Harley Quinndex
- The Joker's Funhouse
- Tosche Station
- A Tour of the DC Universe Podcast