- Action Figure Review Index
- Who is Barbecue17?
- My Toy Review Rating Scale!
- 31 Days of Toy Terror!
- Other Reviews and Stuff
- Barbecue17's Trading Post!
- Podcasts on The Epic Review
- Oh the Horror!: Horror Movie Reviews!
- The Batgirl Library
- The Dark Knight Gallery
- Fabulous Secret Powers
- Snake Mountain!
- The Harley Quinndex
- The Joker's Funhouse
- Tosche Station
- A Tour of the DC Universe Podcast
Friday, October 6, 2017
Minifigure Revew: Killer Frost from DC Comics Lil Bombshells by Cryptozoic Entertainment
Height: 3 1/2 inches (because of her very tall hat)
Accessories: Metal storage canister
Non-Scalper Price: $10 dollars
* The first thing that stands out to me about Killer Frost is her massive hat. It's supposed to resemble one of those furry designer hats, but it has a pattern that makes it look more like shards of ice. I like the concept but I feel the execution here is... lacking a bit. There is something just a bit off about it. I'm also not liking the face sculpt as much as I want to. I love the blue, but the oddly arched eyebrows actually distract from Killer Frost's face.
* The skis are pretty cool. Her boots actually look very icy while her ski poles look like icicles.
I really, really want to like Killer Frost more than I actually do. I love her design and her color scheme, but there are some aspects of the figure (the eyebrows and the icy hat) that seem to not work as well in this smaller scheme. She's a Good 1/2 minifigure, but definitely not one of top ones to track down unless she's one of your favorite characters or you are trying to complete a full set.
This is the first Killer Frost toy I've reviewed on here. My daughter has the DC Super Hero girls doll, but I never borrowed her for a review (it's a pretty cool 12 inch doll). If you're looking for more DC Comics Lil Bombshells, check out the following:
Batwoman (series 1.5)
Harley Quinn (series 1.5)