- Action Figure Review Index
- Who is Barbecue17?
- My Toy Review Rating Scale!
- 31 Days of Toy Terror!
- Other Reviews and Stuff
- Barbecue17's Trading Post!
- Podcasts on The Epic Review
- Oh the Horror!: Horror Movie Reviews!
- The Batgirl Library
- The Dark Knight Gallery
- Fabulous Secret Powers
- Snake Mountain!
- The Harley Quinndex
- The Joker's Funhouse
- Tosche Station
- A Tour of the DC Universe Podcast
Sunday, October 29, 2017
The Curse of 31 Days of Toy Terror: Skeleton Toy Figures from Looking Spooky by Ningbo/ Walgreens
Height: 2 5/8ths inches
Number of figures: 16 in 4 different styles.
Non-Scalper Price: $2 dollars
* The first skeleton is in a pretty standard pose holding a scimitar down at the left hip. The skeletons are actually pretty cool looking although the sculpts are a bit soft. They're molded from a plastic that can't really be described as rubbery but that isn't really firm or hard, either. Not bad, though. I kind of like the look.
* The second skeleton is posed in a slight walking stance and wielding a scimitar. Rather than holding the scimitar down by the hip this skeleton looks like it is in mid swing and ready to lop off the heads of the living.
* The third skeleton is a bit bizarre as he's in a weird crouch and wielding a meat cleaver. That's an odd weapon choice, isn't it? While the other skeletons are wielding more classic or antiquated weaponry, this guy looks like he just raided a kitchen.
* Perhaps the most classic looking skeleton warrior in this set is this guy as he's wielding a medieval looking ax and a shield. He's also posed in a crouch.
These aren't the best minifigures ever but considering you get 16 for $2 dollars, they're easily worth the price of admission. The sculpts are decent though the poses are weird and less impressive. For something that you can just pass out for Halloween treats or use to amass a giant skeleton army, these aren't bad though. They're a Good set and probably worth checking out if you're near a Walgreens and like minifigures.