- Action Figure Review Index
- Who is Barbecue17?
- My Toy Review Rating Scale!
- 31 Days of Toy Terror!
- Other Reviews and Stuff
- Barbecue17's Trading Post!
- Podcasts on The Epic Review
- Oh the Horror!: Horror Movie Reviews!
- The Batgirl Library
- The Dark Knight Gallery
- Fabulous Secret Powers
- The Harley Quinndex
- The Joker's Funhouse
- Tosche Station
- A Tour of the DC Universe Podcast
Sunday, October 1, 2017
The Curse of 31 Days of Toy Terror: Sam from Trick 'r Treat by Mezco
Height: 6 1/2 inches
Articulation: Swivel/hinge shoulders, balljointed wrists, and a balljointed head.
Accessories: Lollipop and trick 'r treat sack.
Non-Scalper Price: $20-$23 dollars
* This headsculpt is amazing. While the figure only features Sam's burlap hooded head rather than his true visage, this still has so much character. It's also his most recognizable appearance, too. The level of texture and detail on the burlap, stitches, and the sting holding the button eyes on is incredible.
* Sam's orange footy pajamas look suitably dirty with a nice layer of grime. There also some very nicely detailed patches on the front and a flap in the back.
* Sam seems to be wearing fingerless burlap gloves that show off his bloody fingers. The sculpted detail and the bloody good paintjob really elevates this figure to the next level.
* Sam is definitely not a very figure made to be posed. He only features five points of articulation and they're designed more to help you give the figure a bit of life while on display. He does stand quite well, though, with oversized feet that keep him firmly planted on your shelf.
* Same includes two accessories, the first of which is his pumpkin shaped lollipop with a large bite missing from it. This thing can be deadly if used right and Sam seems like just the right.....pumpkin kid to wield it. The translucent orange of the lollipop is much more vibrant in person than my camera could capture.
* Sam also includes his infamous trick 'r treat bag. What's in it? Who knows? There seems to be just a spattering of blood on it, though, so be careful.
* This is less of a negative and more of just a reminder, but just keep in mind that Sam definitely has a limited level of movement. I really wish he's had some elbow joints to help pose him a bit more, but he's more akin to a display piece than something intended to be played with and reposed.
I've reviewed a couple of other Sam action figures on here: The Funko ReAction Sam from Trick 'r Treat and the Funko POP! Sam from Trick 'r Treat
For more 31 Days of Terror from this year and the past, check out this link!