Pizza the Hutt, Pizzaface, and the Calzone Golem, the Imaginext Pizza Chef is ready to turn your love of a pepperoni and cheese pizza pie into a New York Style Nightmare! Yes, series 8 of Fisher-Price's Imaginext Collectible Figure Series includes a maniacal Pizza Chef with a giant pizza cutter. The folks behind the Imaginext character selection are absolutely insane and I love them for it. Some of the character choices for this line are just off the wall bonkers and show some real creativity. The blind-bagged Imaginext figures (which really aren't truly blind-bagged) are some of my favorite toys to collect. Let's check out this Deep Dish Demon after the break...
Height: 2 7/8ths inches
Articulation: Hinged hips, swivel/hinge shoulders, swivel wrists, and a swivel neck.
Accessories: Pizza head and pizza cutter.
Non-Scalper Price: $3-$4 dollars
* I'm always happy with the quality and the articulation on these
little guys. While they're only about 2 7/8ths inches, they remind me a
lot of some of the various toylines of the 1980s and 1990s due to the
random character selection, the durability, and the accessories. They have more movement than a Lego minifigure and feel as durable, if not more so, than any other toy you might purchase.
* The Pizza Chef is wearing a white t-shirt that features an image of a slice of pizza on it. Oh, and a big splotch of blood on the side! Is it really blood? Maybe it's just pizza sauce, you say. I'm a expert toy reviewer and an amateur cryptozoologist so yes, I can indeed confirm that this is blood. Who knows what this Marinara Monstrosity is capable of?
Leatherface has his chainsaw. Freddy Krueger has his clawed glove. The Pizza Chef has his giant pizza cutter. This thing is truly terrifying, isn't it? I like how it's even labeled with the Imaginext "i" logo to try and make it look cute. It's not cute, though; it's the tool of a Personal Pan Psychopath who wants nothing more than to serve you up Sicilian style.
* The Pizza Chef has some little nicks on his fingers, covered in bandages. Are these the results of simple culinary accidents or something far more sinister?
* OH MY GOSH! KILL IT! KILL IT WITH FIRE! Yes, put the pizza mask on this guy and he becomes a hideous pizza monster hellbent on bringing about some Supreme Slaughter. Oh, and his mustache has grown even larger.
So...a maniacal Pizza Chef? Heck, even if this is not a maniacal Pizza Chef (although it totally is) this is still a really cool Imaginext figure. He's just so deliciously bizarre and definitely a cool callback to some previous pop culture pizza related figures. This is an Epic little figure and well worth tracking down. He's easily the standout figure of Series 8 of the Imaginext Collectible Figures Series.
If you're looking for more Imaginext Collectible Figures, check out the following:
Imaginext: Collectible Figures Series 2 by Fisher-Price (2014)
Imaginext: Collectible Figures Series 3 by Fisher-Price (2014)
Imaginext: Collectible Figures Series 4 by Fisher-Price (2015)
Imaginext: Collectible Figures Series 5 by Fisher-Price (2015)
Crash Test Dummy
Imaginext: Collectible Figures Series 6 by Fisher-Price (2015)
4 Arm Alien
Imaginext: Collectible Figures Series 7 by Fisher-Price (2016)
Imaginext: Collectible Figures Series 8 by Fisher-Price (2017)
- Action Figure Review Index
- Who is Barbecue17?
- My Toy Review Rating Scale!
- 31 Days of Toy Terror!
- Top 10 Lists and Other Stuff
- Podcasts on The Epic Review
- Oh the Horror!: Horror Movie Reviews!
- The Batgirl Library
- The Dark Knight Gallery
- Fabulous Secret Powers
- Snake Mountain!
- Beast Manor
- The Harley Quinndex
- The Joker's Funhouse
- Tosche Station
- The Kessel Run
- The Crystal Castle
- Teela: Warrior Goddess
- Trap Jaw's Tourist Trap
- Cringer's Crib
- Sea of Rakash