- Action Figure Review Index
- Who is Barbecue17?
- My Toy Review Rating Scale!
- 31 Days of Toy Terror!
- Other Reviews and Stuff
- Barbecue17's Trading Post!
- Podcasts on The Epic Review
- Oh the Horror!: Horror Movie Reviews!
- The Batgirl Library
- The Dark Knight Gallery
- Fabulous Secret Powers
- The Harley Quinndex
- The Joker's Funhouse
- Tosche Station
- A Tour of the DC Universe Podcast
Thursday, October 26, 2017
Action Figure Review: Welder from Imaginext: Collectible Figures Series 8 by Fisher-Price
Height: 2 7/8ths inches
Articulation: Hinged hips, swivel/hinge shoulders, swivel wrists, and a swivel neck.
Accessories: Welding pack and cutting tool.
Non-Scalper Price: $3-$4 dollars
* I'm always happy with the quality and the articulation on these little guys. While they're only about 2 7/8ths inches, they remind me a lot of some of the various toylines of the 1980s and 1990s due to the random character selection, the durability, and the accessories.
* The Welder does have a pretty cool appearance. His hair looks appropriately sweaty for someone engaged in welding (that's some hot business) and he's also rocking a soul patch. He's also sporting some bright orange coveralls and two different types of knee pads. I guess the Welder just threw on whatever was around, huh?
* I like the inclusion of the thick, heavy welding gloves. I remember wearing thick, heavy gloves like this back in "Creative Mechanics" in high school. I also discovering that a pair of gloves I was using had a hole in them when my hand got burned. Finding a piece of your skin accidentally stuck to a piece of hot metal is no fun at all.
* The back of the Welder's contraption has some fuel tanks to supply the welding torch. It's a cool design with a nice amount of detail and a few paint highlights.
* I'm also digging this handy dandy tool that the Welder comes with. I don't know the technical name for it, but it looks pretty slick and extremely useful.
* I do dislike that the Welder's welding mask is permanently affixed in the up position. It would have been really cool if it had been able to flip up and down.
* There is a lot of cool detail on the Welder's coveralls, but the bright orange pant and lack of any highlights at all just wash these details away.
The Welder is a Great little figure. He easily has the best accessories in this series and a fun design. He's not off the wall crazy or anything, but he's a very solid and interesting design. I like him and would possibly consider him my second favorite figure in this set. He's another one well worth tracking down if you're looking for the most interesting figures only.
Imaginext: Collectible Figures Series 2 by Fisher-Price (2014)
Imaginext: Collectible Figures Series 3 by Fisher-Price (2014)
Imaginext: Collectible Figures Series 4 by Fisher-Price (2015)
Imaginext: Collectible Figures Series 5 by Fisher-Price (2015)
Crash Test Dummy
Imaginext: Collectible Figures Series 6 by Fisher-Price (2015)
4 Arm Alien
Imaginext: Collectible Figures Series 7 by Fisher-Price (2016)
Imaginext: Collectible Figures Series 8 by Fisher-Price (2017)