- Action Figure Review Index
- Who is Barbecue17?
- My Toy Review Rating Scale!
- 31 Days of Toy Terror!
- Other Reviews and Stuff
- Barbecue17's Trading Post!
- Podcasts on The Epic Review
- Oh the Horror!: Horror Movie Reviews!
- The Batgirl Library
- The Dark Knight Gallery
- Fabulous Secret Powers
- Snake Mountain!
- The Harley Quinndex
- The Joker's Funhouse
- Tosche Station
- A Tour of the DC Universe Podcast
Monday, October 16, 2017
The Curse of 31 Days of Toy Terror: Gillman from Big Bucket of Monsters
Height: 2 1/4 inches
* The sculpt on this guy is excellent. This is an incredible looking Gillman covered in slimy scales. The face is pretty creepy, too. These figures are cast in a much sturdier, harder plastic than many minifigures, so the detail is nice and crisp. It would have been awesome if this guy had been cast in green plastic, though.
* The pose on the Gillman is really good. Due to the outstretched arms, the bent over posture, and the raised rear right foot, it actually looks like he's in the middle of stalking his prey. It's a cool design and one that makes this seem like a very dynamic minifigure.
The Gillman is definitely one of the best figures in the Big Bucket of Monsters. The sculpt and the pose are exceptional, particularly for a 2 1/4 inch minifigure. He's one of my favorites and is an Epic part of this little line. These spooky beings are really fun and well worth picking up. You could even purchase a bucket of these from Amazon and give them out as treats on Halloween. That's be pretty cool, right?
I've reviewed plenty of other Gillman like creatures including the Wavecrawler from Hasbro's Kre-O line, the Imaginext Gillman, the Creature from the Black Lagoon from Monster Force, and the Swamp Creature from Lego Monster Fighters.
For more Big Bucket of Monsters figures, check out the following: