- Action Figure Review Index
- Who is Barbecue17?
- My Toy Review Rating Scale!
- 31 Days of Toy Terror!
- The Batgirl Library
- Other Reviews and Stuff
- Barbecue17's Trading Post!
- Podcasts on The Epic Review
- Oh the Horror!: Horror Movie Reviews!
- The Dark Knight Gallery
- The Harley Quinndex
- The Joker's Funhouse
- A Tour of the DC Universe Podcast
Friday, October 26, 2018
Action Figure Review: Jeff Hardy from WWE Zombies by Mattel
Height: 6 7/8ths inches
Articulation: Swivel/ hinge ankles, hinged knees, swivel/ hips, swivel waist, swivel/hinge shoulders, bicep swivels, hinged elbows, swivel/hinge wrists, and a balljointed head.
Non-Scalper Price: $13- $16 dollars
* I love the look of this figure. The green tone of the zombified Jeff Hardy's skin goes together well with his black outfit and his bloody red arms. Jeff's shirt isn't just painted on, either; it's sculpted as part of his torso. His somewhat baddy cargo pants even have visible pockets on them. Even if you're not a WWE fan, Jeff Hardy makes a darn fine looking zombie and just seems like a fun, creepy figure.
* Jeff has the Basic articulation scheme fro Mattel's WWE line and thus he doesn't have torso articulation and only has swivel hips (his ankles are swivel/hinge joints, probably due to the long pants sculpt used here). He's still quite well articulated, particularly in the arms, and he's lots of fun to play with. These are sturdy, fun action figures that kids who love gross stuff should go nuts over.
* Jeff Hardy often wears long sleeves or arm sleeves to the ring, so to pay tribute to his style this zombie version of Jeff Hardy has... no skin on his arms? Yup! It's actually pretty cool as it does call to mind the arm sleeves he usually wears. The details on his exposed flesh look pretty impressive and I love the bony fingers poking out. Ick!
* It's not a big deal, and it is rather tough to see in the picture for some reason, but Jeff Hardy has blood (or some other mysterious substance) on his left pant leg. It's a pretty cool dry brush effect that just adds a little something extra to the spookiness!
* Jeff's belt looks a bit gloppy. Just a little silver paint on the buckle would have really helped this to stand out a bit more (in a good way).
The WWE Zombies line continues to please and Jeff Hardy is another solid entry in the series. These are quite fun and they're apparently one of those things you either love or loathe. Some wrestling fans hate these with a passion while other fans and toy collectors dig their craziness. I love the craziness and I'm all about this Good and a 1/2 figure of Jeff Hardy as a zombie. If the WWE would actually make this a storyline, I'm probably go nuts over it. How crazy would that be right?
This is the first action figure of Jeff Hardy I've reviewed. For more WWE Zombies action figures, check out the following: