- Action Figure Review Index
- Who is Barbecue17?
- My Toy Review Rating Scale!
- 31 Days of Toy Terror!
- Top 10 Lists and Other Stuff
- Podcasts on The Epic Review
- Oh the Horror!: Horror Movie Reviews!
- The Batgirl Library
- The Dark Knight Gallery
- Fabulous Secret Powers
- Snake Mountain!
- Beast Manor
- The Harley Quinndex
- The Joker's Funhouse
- Tosche Station
- The Kessel Run
- The Crystal Castle
- Teela: Warrior Goddess
Thursday, October 18, 2018
The Night He Came Home Again 2018: Michael Myers from Savage World: Horror by Funko
Height: 5 3/4ths inches
Articulation: Balljointed hips, swivel waist, swivel shoulders, and a swivel neck.
Accessories: 2 knives.
Non-Scalper Price: $13-$15 dollars
* I really do like the Savage World portrayal of Michael Myers. They kept the two most iconic elements of the character: The mask and the blue jumpsuit. For the jumpsuit, Funko played around a bit to give it a barbarian-fantasy vibe. Rather than a full jumpsuit, Michael is decked out in a blue tunic with stitched pockets and frayed edges. Imagine Michael Myers in more the style of Prince Adam, a strange comparison I know, and you can see what Funko was going for with this design. The style really does make the figure feel like it could have theoretically been a 1980's release as it looks like a Masters of the Universe figure, or one of the many 5.5 inch imitators.
* Considering how iconic Michael Myers' mask is, it's pretty difficult to convey it in action figure form sometimes. I really like what Funko did here. It's pure Michael Myers, with full black eyes, but the hair is a bit more wild. The hair is actually pretty impressive here with lots of detail and a solid style. If the head were separated from this body, it would still be a good, pure Michael Myers sculpt.
* Again, like ReAction figures, the Savage World figures are designed to mimic the style of a simpler time in action figure design. Michael has six points of articulation, all swivel joints except for the hips which are balljointed. The balljoints are quite sturdy and Michael can stand well without tumbling over. He feels pretty nice and solid. I was worried about the quality of these but I'm quite pleased with how the figure feels overall.
* While Michael Myers' Savage World cohorts have weapons that look very fantasy-esque, Michael's knives don't look terribly different from the standard kitchen knife he carries. The blades are a bit more rugged looking, however, and he does come with two of them. They're nicely painted as well.
* My only complaint with this figure is that Michael has a tough time holding his knives. The handles are much slimmer than his grips. Funko did sculpt his fingers to "grip" the knife at the tips of his fingers but the knives slip out fairly easily.
particularly fans of this 5.5 inch scale and style, I imagine that horror collectors will eat these up as well. There isn't always something "new" to do with these characters and Funko is definitely offering a fresh take. Michael Myers is a Good and a 1/2 entry in this series and, seeing the higher quality than I was expecting, I'll be paying more attention to other future releases.
If you're also a fan of Michael Myers/ The Shape/ The Boogeyman, then check out these other reviews: The McFarlane Movie Maniacs Michael Myers, the POP! Movies Michael Myers, the ReAction Horror Series Michael Myers, and the knockoff Lego Michael Myers.