Jada Toys' Nano Metalfigs since they first hit in 2017 but I've only owned a few of the traditional Metalfigs. As soon as I learned that these very cool The Nightmare Before Christmas figures were showing up at Walgreen's I had to track them down and I finally found some near the very end of September. It looks like there were two figures that Walgreen's was carrying initially (Jack Skellington and Sally) but other retailers seem to also be getting Zero and Jack the Pumpkin King, so I'll be trying to track those two down as well. Let's check out this neat little diecast metal Jack Skellington as today's installment of The Revenge of 31 Days of Toy Terror after the break...
Height: 2 3/8ths inches
Non-Scalper Price: $5 dollars
* I really like the pose here! It definitely captures a very energetic, possibly even mischievous version of Jack. Is he getting ready to scare some trick 'r treaters? Is he in the middle of battling Oogie Boogie? Is he joyously darting around Christmas Town? You decide!
* Jack has a pretty simple head design but I think Jada Toys did a pretty nice job of getting it some expression here. I love the work on the shape of the eyes and the outline of the mouth. I have one problem with the outline of the mouth, but I'll get there in a second.
* This version of Jack Skellington glows in the dark! I have no idea if this is an exclusive version for Walgreen's (who gets a lot of exclusives) or if this will be available everywhere, but the glowing feature looks pretty good. It has a greenish, ghoulish glow that is absolutely appealing. I love turning off the lights and seeing what toys in my collection glow!
* The picture is a bit "shiny" due to somewhat reflective nature of the paint but I really think Jada Toys did a fantastic job in keeping the pinstripes on Jack's suit neat and clean. These are quite sharp, don't you think? Like a tack!
* Remember when I mentioned that I had a problem with the mouth. Well, don't you think it could have used a bit of paint? It looks off without any black or gray at the back to offer it some definition.
If you love Jack Skellington, I've also reviewed Diamond Select's Pumpkin King, the Funko Dorbz Pumpkin King #233, the ReAction Jack Skellington (Evil Smile), Pumpkin King Jack, and Santa Jack, the POP! Disney Pumpkin King #153 from The Nightmare Before Christmas, and the Nano Metalfigs Pajama Jack DS70, Jack Skellington DS87, Santa Jack DS89, Pumpkin King DS90, Jack Skellington DS91, and Jack Skellington with his house.
This is the first The Nightmare Before Christmas Metalfigs figure I've reviewed.
- Action Figure Review Index
- Who is Barbecue17?
- My Toy Review Rating Scale!
- 31 Days of Toy Terror!
- Top 10 Lists and Other Stuff
- Podcasts on The Epic Review
- Oh the Horror!: Horror Movie Reviews!
- The Batgirl Library
- The Dark Knight Gallery
- Fabulous Secret Powers
- Snake Mountain!
- Beast Manor
- The Harley Quinndex
- The Joker's Funhouse
- Tosche Station
- The Kessel Run
- The Crystal Castle
- Teela: Warrior Goddess
- Trap Jaw's Tourist Trap
- Cringer's Crib
- Sea of Rakash
- Evil-Lyn's Dungeon
- The Fright Zone
- The Wonderdome
Friday, October 26, 2018
The Revenge of 31 Days of Toy Terror: Jack Skellington (D31) from The Nightmare Before Christmas: Metalfigs by Jada Toys
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Let me know where you find the Pumpkin King, I need that to go with my other versions.ReplyDelete
Will do! When I track him down I'll definitely be reviewing him.Delete
Coincidentally enough, a song entitled "Hallowe'en Is Here" was playing on Streaming Soundtracks while I was reading this review.ReplyDelete
Spooky! That was a sign right there!Delete