- Action Figure Review Index
- Who is Barbecue17?
- My Toy Review Rating Scale!
- 31 Days of Toy Terror!
- Top 10 Lists and Other Stuff
- Podcasts on The Epic Review
- Oh the Horror!: Horror Movie Reviews!
- The Batgirl Library
- The Dark Knight Gallery
- Fabulous Secret Powers
- Snake Mountain!
- Beast Manor
- The Harley Quinndex
- The Joker's Funhouse
- Tosche Station
- The Kessel Run
- The Crystal Castle
- Teela: Warrior Goddess
- Trap Jaw's Tourist Trap
Tuesday, October 30, 2018
The Revenge of 31 Days of Toy Terror: King Shark from DC Comics Multiverse by Mattel
Height: 9 1/2 inches
Articulation: Hinged ankles, hinged knees, swivel thighs, H-hinged hips, swivel waist, mid-torso hinge, swivel/hinge shoulders, swivel biceps, hinged elbows, swivel wrists, and a hinged jaw.
Accessories: Alternate Hammerhead head (included with Damian Wayne)
Figures Needed to Complete King Shark: Damian Wayne, TV Earth-2 Flash, TV Zoom, TV Hawkman, Jim Gordon Batman, Batgirl, and the DKR Joker.
Year of Release: 2017
* King Shark is a pretty large build a figure and he looks really, really wicked. While the style might be a little different than that of DC Universe Classics, I still think he'll fit in really well alongside those figures. Nanaue definitely looks intimidating and will make a great addition to your Suicide Squad or Secret Six.
* While the articulation on King Shark isn't incredible, it does feel fairly sturdy and is capable of movement. He's essentially built like an oversized standard figure, so hopefully that helps you know what you're getting.
* The headsculpt is incredible. I love the beady eyes, the nicely detailed gills, and wicked scars, and the quite intricate paintwork on display here. This is some excellent work.
* Yikes! King Shark has some terrifying teeth! Check out these chompers? You'll never want to go back in the water again!
* I really like the prominent fin on King Shark's back, too. It's nicely detailed with some scars and just makes an excellent addition to the figure.
* Like many massive mutants, King Shark still has to wear pants. He's sporting some ripped up jeans (imagine how big those jeans must be?) held on by a leather belt with a gold buckle. I love the acid-washed look of the jeans. Facotring in their rips and tears and they look pretty grody.
* Included with the Damian Wayne Robin figure (which was a Toys R Us exclusive) is an alternate head that gives King Shark the appearance of a hammerhead shark. This captures his New 52 look and is a cool inclusion. It's not a must have but it is a cool extra nonetheless.
* Oddly enough, King Shark's torso separates in the middle pretty easily. I can't think of many build a figures that have this problem as they usually stay together quite well. I can display him just fine but sometimes when posing him he just splits in half like the lawyer from Jurassic Park.
* King Shark's elbows have a severely limited range of motion. You can't even get a 90 degree bend out of these. What gives? Why spend money to tool a new body part and not give it a better range of motion?
This is the first action figure of King Shark I've reviewed on the site. For more reviewes from DC Comics Multiverse, check out the following:
Batgirl (The Batgirl of Burnside)
Batman (Batman: Zero Year)
Batman (DC Rebirth)
Batwing (DC Rebirth)
Batwoman (DC Rebirth)
Clayface (Collect & Connect Figure)
Damian Wayne Robin (Robin War)
Doctor Psycho (Collect & Connect figure)
Duke Thomas (We Are Robin)
Earth 23 Superman
The Flash: From Page to Screen
Harley Quinn (Detective Comics)
Jessica Cruz (DC Rebirth)
Jim Gordon Batman (Batman: Superheavy)
The Joker (Batman: Endgame)
The Reaper (Batman: Year Two)
Rookie (Collect & Connect figure)
Spoiler (Detective Comics)
Superman (DC Rebirth)
Two-Face (All-Star Batman)
Wonder Girl (Teen Titans)
Batman: The Dark Knight Returns
Armored Batman (The Dark Knight Returns)
Batman & Superman (The Dark Knight Returns)
The Flash & The Atom (Batman: The Dark Knight Returns)
The Joker (The Dark Knight Returns)
Mutant Leader (The Dark Knight Returns)
Robin (The Dark Knight Returns)
Son of Batman
Batman v. Superman
Batman's Grapnel Blaster (Collect & Connect accessory)
DC's Legends of Tomorrow
Reverse Flash (The Flash TV Series)
Aquaman (Toys R Us Exclusive)
Batman (Wal-Mart Exclusive)
Cyborg (Wal-Mart Exclusive)
Mother Boxes (Collect & Connect Accessory)
Steppenwolf (Collect & Connect Figure)
Harley Quinn (6 inch)
Harley Quinn (12 inch)
Harley Quinn (Gold Dress)
Harley Quinn (Toys R Us Exclusive)
The Joker (Toys R Us Exclusive)
Supergirl TV Series
Diana of Themyscira
Wonder Woman (Toys 'R Us exclusive)