Lt. Pello Scrambas, one of the ill-fated troopers aboard the Tantive IV who fights the initial wave of Imperial Stormtroopers. I don't hide my love of this line very much but I don't think I'm overreacting when I say that this is easily one of the best figures Hasbro has released in the Black Series so far. Let's check out everything right about Lt. Pello Scrambas/ the Rebel Fleet Trooper after the break...
Height: 6 inches
Articulation: Swivel/hinge ankles, double hinged knees, swivel thighs, ball jointed
hips, ball jointed abdomen, swivel/hinge shoulders with lateral "butterfly" hinges, swivel/ hinge
elbows, swivel/hinge wrists, hinged neck, and a double ball jointed head.
Accessories: Helmet, vest, Death Star plans, and a DH-17 blaster pistol.
Non-Scalper Price: $20 dollars
* This figure looks incredible, partially due to the strength of the original costume design from A New Hope and partially due to Hasbro's excellent sculpting and paintwork. Decked out in a fully removable black vest, gray pants, and a blue collared shirt, these guys have a very non-traditional military look that just works. There's still uniformity, but there's color, design, and functionality here too.
* Hasbro has really nailed the articulation on these figures. Besides just having a great articulation model they also give each figure a terrific range of motion. That's more of a feat when you consider that each figure generally uses a unique sculpt. This guy looks incredible in any number of combat poses!
These joints allow for better arm movement, particularly holding rifles and blasters with two hands. Heck, look at our Rebel Fleet Trooper here: He can do the Wonder Woman bracer pose better than most Wonder Woman figures can!
* The Rebel Fleet Trooper helmet is great. It's such an iconic element of Star Wars costuming (but what isn't, right?) and Hasbro did a pretty good job with it. The helmet fits the figure well, the chin strap fits snugly on the chin, and the appropriate details are all in place.
* The outfit here is really nicely sculpted with all of the appropriate folds and wrinkles. The pants, shirt, and vest are all excellently rendered.
* To help fend off Imperial Stormtroopers, Pello Scrambas comes armed with a DH-17 blaster pistol. This has been included with a few other figures but here it features more paint applications than any of the other releases. It looks great!
* Even cooler than a blaster as an accessory is the datacard with the stolen Death Star plans. Oh my gosh, is this a cool accessory or what? The sculpt and paint are perfect here. This is such a cool accessory that can really fit in well to some great scenes. I've always loved action figures with non-weapon accessories that represented key story items and this one is one of the coolest around.
* The DH-17 fits perfectly into the holster on the Rebel Fleet Trooper's right hip. The belt and holster also have some nice detailing.
* The only negative I can find here is a bit of paint mess on the bottom of Pello Scrambas' shirt. It's not terribly noticeable but a very close look makes it visible.
This is the first action figure of Pello Scrambas and the first Rebel Fleet Trooper action figure I've reviewed on the site. For more Black Series figures check out the following:
Siege Battalion Clone Trooper, 212th Attack Battalion Utapau Trooper,
Coruscant Guard ---(Phase II), and 501st Legion Clone Trooper 4 pack
Admiral Ackbar and First Order Officer
C-3PO (Resistance Base)
Captain Cassian Andor (Eadu)
Captain Phasma (Quicksilver Baton)
Captain Poe Dameron
Chewbacca (Target Exclusive)
Chewbacca (The Force Awakens)
Clone Captain Rex (HasCon Exclusive)
Clone Commander Gree
Clone Commander Wolffe
Darth Vader (Emperor's Wrath)
Death Star Trooper
DJ (Canto Bight)
Elite Praetorian Guard
Elite Praetorian Guard (with Heavy Blade)
Enfys Nest's Swoop Bike/ Enfys Nest
Finn (First Order Disguise)
First Order Flametrooper
First Order General Hux
First Order Snowtrooper
First Order Snowtrooper Officer
First Order Special Forces TIE Fighter
First Order Stormtrooper
First Order Stormtrooper Executioner
First Order Stormtrooper (with Gear)
First Order TIE Fighter Pilot
General Leia Organa
Grand Admiral Thrawn (SDCC Exclusive)
Grand Moff Tarkin
Guardians of Evil 4-Pack
Han Solo (Exogorth Escape)
Han Solo (Solo)
Han Solo (The Force Awakens)
Imperial AT-ACT Driver
Imperial Death Trooper
Imperial Death Trooper, Captain Cassian Andor, and Sergeant Jyn Erso (Jedha) 3 pack
Imperial Hovertank Pilot
Imperial Shock Trooper
Imperial Royal Guard
Inferno Squad Agent
Jaina Solo (Legends)
Kylo Ren (SDCC 2016)
Kylo Ren (The Last Jedi)
Kylo Ren (Starkiller Base)
Kylo Ren (Throne Room)
Lando Calrissian (Solo)
Lando Calrissian (The Empire Strikes Back)
Luke Skywalker (Jedi Master)
Luke Skywalker (Jedi Master)- Ahch-To Island
Obi-Wan Kenobi (Force Spirit)
Obi-Wan Kenobi (SDCC 2016)
1 Clone Trooper Commander, Phase II Clone Trooper, Imperial
Stormtrooper, and First Order ---Stormtrooper Officer four pack
Poe Dameron and First Order Riot Control Stormtrooper
Princess Leia Organa
R2-A3, R5-K6, and R2-F2
Resistance Tech Rose
Rey (Island Journey)
Rey (Jakku) & BB-8
Rey (Jedi Training)
Rey (Jedi Training)- Crait
Rey (Starkiller Base)
Rey's Speeder (Jakku)
Sandtrooper Sergeant, Crimson Stormtrooper, Lieutenant OXIXO, and R2-Q5
Scarif Stormtrooper Squad Leader
Sergeant Jyn Erso (Eadu)
Sergeant Jyn Erso (Jedha)
Stormtrooper (With Blast Accessories)
Supreme Leader Snoke (Throne Room)
X-34 Landspeeder & Luke Skywalker (SDCC Exclusive)
X-Wing Pilot Asty
- Action Figure Review Index
- Who is Barbecue17?
- My Toy Review Rating Scale!
- 31 Days of Toy Terror!
- Top 10 Lists and Other Stuff
- Podcasts on The Epic Review
- Oh the Horror!: Horror Movie Reviews!
- The Batgirl Library
- The Dark Knight Gallery
- Fabulous Secret Powers
- Snake Mountain!
- Beast Manor
- The Harley Quinndex
- The Joker's Funhouse
- Tosche Station
- The Kessel Run
- The Crystal Castle
- Teela: Warrior Goddess
- Trap Jaw's Tourist Trap
- Cringer's Crib
- Sea of Rakash
- Evil-Lyn's Dungeon
- The Fright Zone
- The Wonderdome
Sunday, September 9, 2018
Action Figure Review: Rebel Trooper from Star Wars: The Black Series Phase III by Hasbro
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Have only one of these guys so far, vs. the five or six of their black-garbed Imperial counterparts. But I'm really digging him and definitely want more.ReplyDelete
I hope we get one or two more down the line with different headsculpts. Captain Antilles would be nice, too.Delete