- Action Figure Review Index
- Who is Barbecue17?
- My Toy Review Rating Scale!
- 31 Days of Toy Terror!
- The Batgirl Library
- Other Reviews and Stuff
- Barbecue17's Trading Post!
- Podcasts on The Epic Review
- Oh the Horror!: Horror Movie Reviews!
- The Dark Knight Gallery
- The Harley Quinndex
- The Joker's Funhouse
Sunday, October 30, 2016
Hell in a Cell 2016 Special: Braun Strowman from WWE Elite Series by Mattel
Height: 7 3/4 inches
Articulation: Hinged ankles with lateral rockers, boot swivels, double hinged knees, swivel thighs, ball jointed hips, swivel waist, hinged abdomen, swivel/hinge shoulders, swivel biceps, hinged elbows, swivel/hinge wrists, and a ball jointed head.
Accessories: Sheep mask
Non-Scalper Price: $18-$20 dollars
* Strowman is a massive guy (6 ft 8in and 375 lbs) and Mattel made him suitably large as an action figure. I compared him to a few other WWE figures I had standing around on my current champions shelf and he's noticeably taller than Bad News Barret (last King of the Ring), Kevin Owens, Dolph Ziggler, or any member of the New Day. He's got the same solid articulation of any other figure, though.
this or this. I actually like expressive faces on my wrasslin figures, but I get that everyone doesn't.
Erick Rowan's mask although it takes a bit more finagling to get it to stay on Strowman's face due to his massive beard. It looks pretty cool on him, though. Whether or not you like wrestling, there's something to be said for an action figure of a big tattooed man wearing an animal mask. It feels like something out of Manhunt.
It's missing. Honestly, this has to just be a licensing issue and I really don't imagine Mattel is to blame for this one (a phrase no one else has probably ever said before). Licensing issues can be tricky. Remember how most Sloth figures never had the Superman logo, either?
* I really dig Strowman's pants. Mattel did a great job of capturing his distinctive pants here, even painting on the odd black patches on the inner thighs. The colors look good, though, and capture the new look of the former Rosebud quite nicely.
* There's some kind of messy paintwork on the side of Strowman's face and beard. It's nothing huge, but it's noticeable if he's not wearing the sheep mask.
* The paint work on Braun's chest is really, really messy. Look at that line between his tank top and his chest? It's not like that on the back but it's really an eyesore from the front.
Keep checking back here every day in October for more Toy Terror! Also, make sure to check out the Toy Bloggers United contest being hosted here this month! For more 31 Days of Toy Terror, check out my Hokey Halloween Horror page for spooky fun from 2016 and years past!