- Action Figure Review Index
- Who is Barbecue17?
- My Toy Review Rating Scale!
- Hokey Halloween Horror!!!
- My Batgirl Collection!
- Other Reviews and Stuff
- Barbecue17's Trading Post!
- Podcasts on The Epic Review
- Oh the Horror!: Horror Movie Reviews!
- The Dark Knight
- The Harley Quinndex
- The Joker's Gallery
Sunday, October 16, 2016
31 Days of Toy Terror Lives: Paige from WWE Zombies by Mattel
Height: 6 1/2 inches
Articulation: Hinged ankles, boot swivels, hinged knees, swivel thighs, ball-jointed hips, waist swivel, ball-jointed mid-torso, swivel/hinge shoulders, swivel biceps, hinged elbows, swivel wrists, and a ball-jointed head.
Non-Scalper Price: $12-$13 dollars
* While Mattel has a different articulation for their Basic and Elite male superstars, the women all have the same model and it's much closer to the Elite model, so you're effectively getting an Elite version of Zombie Paige here. She feels really solid, even on her thinner arms. I've often felt like the arms were weak on the female figures but Paige seems much sturdier.
* This is a really creepy headsculpt! It's very clearly Paige but the soulless white eyes and blood streaked chin give away that something isn't right. I like the use of purple around the eyes, too. It's a very Paige look while still being very zombie-like.
* Paige's legs have lots of chinks of missing flesh as well as some dried blood.
* Check out this nasty wound on the side of her right calve. If you ask me, this looks like the original wound that caused Paige to turn into a zombie. Not only is the sculpted wound really gruesome but it's also filthy. There's a lot of dirt and grease covering the exposed skin which you know is just not sanitary.
* Like the other figures in the series, Paige's boots also have a fine detailing of drybrushed mud on them. It looks good and gives more character to the figure. She looks like she just walked out of a haunted house, probably screaming something like "This is my house!" I'm really going to miss Paige if she doesn't stick around the WWE.
* When I first picked up this figure, my wife joked that she couldn't see a difference between it and the standard Paige. Get it? Because Paige has really pale skin. Actually, it is pretty cool that Mattel retained a very pale white skin color for Paige while everyone else seems to be shades of green and grey. The all white skin is very striking and really helps her to stand out from the crowd.
* It's really tough to see but there's something wrong with Paige's right ankle. It looks like it's a bit warped, but not intentionally warped so she looks more zombie like. This seems to be a straight up QC issue and it makes her a little more difficult to stand up unaided.
Keep checking back here every day in October for more Toy Terror! Also, make sure to check out the Toy Bloggers United contest being hosted here this month! For more 31 Days of Toy Terror, check out my Hokey Halloween Horror page for spooky fun from 2016 and years past!