- Action Figure Review Index
- Who is Barbecue17?
- My Toy Review Rating Scale!
- 31 Days of Toy Terror!
- Other Reviews and Stuff
- Barbecue17's Trading Post!
- Podcasts on The Epic Review
- Oh the Horror!: Horror Movie Reviews!
- The Batgirl Library
- The Dark Knight Gallery
- Fabulous Secret Powers
- The Harley Quinndex
- The Joker's Funhouse
- Tosche Station
- A Tour of the DC Universe Podcast
Wednesday, October 5, 2016
31 Days of Toy Terror Lives: Astaroth from Monster in My Pocket by Matchbox
Height: 2 inches
Original Year of Release: 1991
Originally Sold In: Singles, 6 packs, and 12 packs.
*Gosh, that face is creepy, isn't it? Definitely the more human looking face on a spider body makes this more than just your average spider. I've never been a huge fan of the painted look on these figures and Astaroth here doesn't change that. I like the legs and skull on the back but the solid painted face just takes away some of the charm of solo colored minifigures. Still...creepy.
* Check out that weird skull on the abdomen? I do like the smaller details like the eyes and nostril slits here when they receive some color. The mixture of colors really does remind me of a Creepy Crawler I would have made when I was in 3rd grade. The texture of the figure does, too. He's kind of rubbery. He also kind of glows in the dark.
Astaroth is a creepy looking spider but he's definitely not the most interesting looking Monster in My Pocket figure out there. I don't find the Super Scary Series figures to be as cool as the standard smaller, single color figures from the earlier sets. Still, if you're looking for a demonic spider, this guy certainly fits the bill. He gets a Good rating from me but I've got plenty more monsters to review. Their are some real winners coming. Trust me!
Keep checking back here every day in October for more Toy Terror! Also, make sure to check out the Toy Bloggers United contest being hosted here this month! For more 31 Days of Toy Terror, check out my Hokey Halloween Horror page for spooky fun from 2016 and years past!