- Action Figure Review Index
- Who is Barbecue17?
- My Toy Review Rating Scale!
- 31 Days of Toy Terror!
- The Batgirl Library
- Other Reviews and Stuff
- Barbecue17's Trading Post!
- Podcasts on The Epic Review
- Oh the Horror!: Horror Movie Reviews!
- The Dark Knight Gallery
- The Harley Quinndex
- The Joker's Funhouse
- A Tour of the DC Universe Podcast
Tuesday, October 18, 2016
Minifigure Review: Mera from DC Comics Lil Bombshells by Cryptozoic Entertainment
Height: 2 3/4 inches
Accessories: Tin storage container
Non-Scalper Price: $10 dollars
* I love Mera and I love how Cryptozoic depicted her here. Her face is quite lovely and expressive. I'm still impressed by how clean the paint applications are on these tiny 3-inch tall figures. I'm also digging the fact that she's wielding a trident. It works for her and nicely pays homage to her comic roots.
* As I mentioned in the intro, Cryptozic seems to have given Mera a really different outfit from the Bobmshells statue she's based on. Rather than the bathing suit and giant sun hat, this version of Mera is wearing a green and white sailor's suit. I love the different look, although not as much as I like the original concept art.
I haven't reviewed any other figures of Mera yet, although I'm always hoping that Kotobukiya will announce her in their Bishoujo series. She's one of my most wanted characters in that line!