- Action Figure Review Index
- Who is Barbecue17?
- My Toy Review Rating Scale!
- 31 Days of Toy Terror!
- Other Reviews and Stuff
- Barbecue17's Trading Post!
- Podcasts on The Epic Review
- Oh the Horror!: Horror Movie Reviews!
- The Batgirl Library
- The Dark Knight Gallery
- Fabulous Secret Powers
- The Harley Quinndex
- The Joker's Funhouse
- Tosche Station
- A Tour of the DC Universe Podcast
Friday, October 7, 2016
31 Days of Toy Terror Lives: Granny Gross Ghost from The Real Ghostbusters: Haunted Humans by Kenner
Height: 4 3/4 inches
Articulation: Swivel shoulders and a rotating hat.
Original Retail Price: $5-$8 dollars?
* Aww!! It's grandma! Who doesn't love their grandma, right? While Granny Gross is a little bit cartoonish and oddly proportioned compared to the Ghostbusters themselves but that's just kind of an aesthetic choice of this line. I've always kind of wondered if this was loosely based off of the character from the episode "Mrs. Roger's Neighborhood."
* Of course, Granny Gross doesn't stay a gentle little granny for long: She turns into a hideous three eyed creature with a massive mouth. Yikes! She's definitely my favorite of the Haunted Humans figures. What a crazy toy design, right?
* Not only do Granny Gross' eyes pop out of her head but her hat pops up to reveal a third eye underneath. Good stuff here. I love how the eyes pop through the lenses of her stylish glasses, too. Those are some powerful eyeballs for sure.
* On the top of her mouth Granny Gross has some wicked fangs. Move the hat up and down and the fangs actually protrude and retract,
* The bottom of Granny Gross' jaw is massive with a very long row of teeth and a fairly sizeable throat. If you look carefully, you can see that a little part of the throat is cracked. I picked Granny Gross up used so who knows when this happened.
* Here's a side view of the creature's teeth. For some reason I'm reminded of Battle Bones from Masters of the Universe. Weird, huh?
* Even the back of Granny Gross' neck has some cool detail. There is actually a small ridge of spines back there. How crazy!
Keep checking back here every day in October for more Toy Terror! Also, make sure to check out the Toy Bloggers United contest being hosted here this month! For more 31 Days of Toy Terror, check out my Hokey Halloween Horror page for spooky fun from 2016 and years past!