- Action Figure Review Index
- Who is Barbecue17?
- My Toy Review Rating Scale!
- Hokey Halloween Horror!!!
- My Batgirl Collection!
- Other Reviews and Stuff
- Barbecue17's Trading Post!
- Podcasts on The Epic Review
- Oh the Horror!: Horror Movie Reviews!
- The Dark Knight
- The Harley Quinndex
- The Joker's Gallery
Tuesday, October 25, 2016
31 Days of Toy Terror Lives: Jabba the Hutt from Star Wats: The Black Series Phase II by Hasbro
Height: 5 7/8ths inches, Length: 11 3/4 inches
Articulation: Swivel torso, swivel/hinge shoulders, swivel/hinge elbows, swivel/hinge wrists, and a spring-hinged jaw.
Non-Scalper Price: $25-$40 (although shop around; I got him for $12 bucks).
* Jabba looks like Jabba, and that's always a good thing. This guy is hideous and I couldn't be happier. I own a number of Jabba the Hutt action figures and this guy is definitely the largest one I own and possibly the most film accurate. Jabba has such a distinctive look but it's very easy to get him wrong. Hasbro didn't do that here; he's dead on.
* It's interesting that Hasbro chose to give Jabba an honest to goodness action feature as I can't think of any figure in the line that had one (well, maybe R2-D2's retractable leg might count) at this point. When you pull down either of Jabba's arms his mouth opens up revealing his gaping maw and his slimy tongue. It's honestly kind of cool, although I do wish something else moved the mouth. Being able to keep it open by itself would have been neat, too.
* I'm a big fan of the paintwork on this figure. Again, considering this guy was a mass market release, I'm really impressed by the very lifelike eyes (well, you know, lifelike so far as Hutts go) and the drool coming out of his mouth. Bo shuda!
* Check out the cool little tattoo on Jabba's arm. Again, there really are a lot of nice details on the figure. Jabba's skin is quite detailed and features a number of paint effects to show that this guy's got a lot of mileage on him despite the fact that he doesn't look like he moves all that much.
* I think it's just going to be the nature of the beast when creating a figure of Jabba the Hutt, but this guy really doesn't have that much articulation. His arms are nice but that's about all he has other than a swivel at his waist. A balljointed waist would have been so much better! I'm not sure if I would sacrifice the appearance of the figure for a segmented tail, but something a bit more mobile would have been welcome.
I own quite a few Jabba the Hutt figures but I haven't reviewed any of them on here before. I have, however, reviewed plenty of figures from Star Wars: The Black Series:
Star Wars: The Black Series (6 inch) by Hasbro (2013)
Luke Skywalker (Bespin Outfit)
Luke Skywalker (X-Wing Pilot)
Obi-Wan Kenobi (Revenge of the Sith)
Princess Leia (Slave Outfit)
Star Wars: The Black Series Phase II (6 inch) by Hasbro (2014)
Boba Fett (Prototype Armor)
Clone Commander Cody
Clone Trooper Captain
Clone Trooper Sergeant
Han Solo & Tauntaun
Han Solo (Stormtrooper Disguise)
Luke Skywalker (Jedi Knight)
Luke Skywalker (Stormtrooper Disguise)
Luke Skywalker & Wampa
Princess Leia Organa (Boushh)
Star Wars: The Black Series Phase III (6 inch) by Hasbro (2015)
Darth Vader (Emperor's Wrath)
First Order Flametrooper
First Order General Hux
First Order Snowtrooper
First Order Snowtrooper Officer
First Order Special Forces TIE Fighter
First Order Stormtrooper
First Order TIE Fighter Pilot
Imperial Shock Trooper
Kylo Ren (SDCC 2016)
Kylo Ren (Starkiller Base)
Phase 1 Clone Trooper Commander, Phase II Clone Trooper, Imperial Stormtrooper, and First Order ---Stormtrooper Officer four pack
Poe Dameron and First Order Riot Control Stormtrooper
Rey (Jakku) & BB-8
Rey (Starkiller Base)
Sandtrooper Sergeant, Crimson Stormtrooper, Lieutenant OXIXO, and R2-Q5
X-Wing Pilot Asty
Keep checking back here every day in October for more Toy Terror! Also, make sure to check out the Toy Bloggers United contest being hosted here this month! For more 31 Days of Toy Terror, check out my Hokey Halloween Horror page for spooky fun from 2016 and years past!