- Action Figure Review Index
- Who is Barbecue17?
- My Toy Review Rating Scale!
- 31 Days of Toy Terror!
- Top 10 Lists and Other Stuff
- Podcasts on The Epic Review
- Oh the Horror!: Horror Movie Reviews!
- The Batgirl Library
- The Dark Knight Gallery
- Fabulous Secret Powers
- Snake Mountain!
- Beast Manor
- The Harley Quinndex
- The Joker's Funhouse
- Tosche Station
- The Kessel Run
- The Crystal Castle
- Teela: Warrior Goddess
- Trap Jaw's Tourist Trap
- Cringer's Crib
- Sea of Rakash
- Evil-Lyn's Dungeon
- The Fright Zone
- The Wonderdome
Sunday, October 30, 2016
Action Figure Review: Nico Minoru (Mystic Rivals) from Marvel Legends Series by Hasbro
Height: 5 3/4 inches
Articulation: Swivel/hinge ankles, boot swivels, double hinged knees, swivel thighs, ball-jointed hips, ball-jointed mid-torso, swivel/hinge shoulders, swivel/hinge elbows, swivel/hinge wrists, hinged neck, ball-jointed head.
Accessories: Two interchangeable left arms, magic wand, magic effect, and the waist for the Dormammu build-a-figure.
Non-Scalper Price: $16-$20 dollars
* I've been really happy with the articulation on pretty much ever Marvel Legends figure I've purchased over the past few years and Nico is another figure that's a joy to play with. Solid, durable, and with great articulation, she's a ton of fun to pose and put in a variety of magic casting stances.
* This is a really good headsculpt with incredible paintwork. I love Nico's red yes and black lipstick. Her funky ponytail is also incredibly cool and looks incredible. This might be one of my favorite Marvel Legends headsculpts from 2016.
* Nico's outfit is incredible. Seriously, the torso appears to be an all new sculpt as it's a goth styled dress. I love the look of this and the color scheme of black and purple, which I'm always a sucker for. The skirt is an extra piece attached over the outfit, but it leaves plenty of room for hip movement.
* I'm also digging these lavender and black striped leggings and these really complicated goth boots. You can't go wrong with an outfit like this.
* I honestly can't remember another Marvel Legends figure from Hasbro that features interchangeable arms, so is it possible that this is the first instance of the feature? Yes, to replicate her arm becoming imbued with magical powers Nico comes with an alternate left arm with a translucent pink hand and a gauntlet of some kind. It looks really boss and adds to this character's coolness.
* I'm a huge fan of energy/ blast/ magic effects on figures and Nico's pink energy effect is beyond cool. While it's designed to fit extremely well over her magic wand, it also can be attached to her arm if you use a bit of creativity. I love stuff like this and I'd love to see more toylines adding in these types of accessories.
* This Doctor Strange inspired series features a build-a-figure of Dormammu, a character who apparently has a long and storied history but that I had never heard of before learning about this series. I'm always a fan of build-a-figures, even if I'm not planning on building them (which I'm not with Dormammu). I'll happily trade this waist piece to anyone who is planning to, though! Any takers?
* The only complaint I have about this figure is that the interchangeable arms are quite tough to swap out. It really takes some force to pull either out of the left arm socket. Something a bit easier to swap would have been so much nicer.
I'm not sure there have been any other Nico Minoru figures before, but I have reviewed a number of other Marvel Legends Series figures, including:
Marvel Legends Series (2016)
Marvel Legends Series: Captain America by Hasbro (2016)
Demolition Man (Mercenaries of Mayhem)
Marvel Legends Series: X-Men by Hasbro (2016)
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Good to know she's a favorite! I had my eye on the figure, but I had been trying to stop buying frivolous toys where I just like how they look...but MAN this one looks cool! Think I might get her anyway.ReplyDelete
Both Nico and Enchantress were insta-buys from the Amazon preorders (only $16 bucks, too). Nico is definitely one of the best Legends released this year.Delete