- Action Figure Review Index
- Who is Barbecue17?
- My Toy Review Rating Scale!
- Hokey Halloween Horror!!!
- My Batgirl Collection!
- Other Reviews and Stuff
- Barbecue17's Trading Post!
- Podcasts on The Epic Review
- Oh the Horror!: Horror Movie Reviews!
- The Dark Knight
- The Harley Quinndex
- The Joker's Gallery
Tuesday, October 18, 2016
31 Days of Toy Terror Lives: The Wolfman Monster from The Real Ghostbusters: Monsters by Kenner
Height:5 3/4 inches
Articulation: Swivel hips, swivel shoulders with lateral action feature hinges, and an action feature activated hinged neck and lower jaw.
Year of Release: 1999
Original Retail Price: $5-$7 dollars
* Remember that this figure was part of a used lot of figures I picked up off of Ebay for a really good price, so the paint wear happened long before I ever got my hands on these. That being said, this is one of the best werewolf sculpts ever! I love it! I love the long nose, the yellow teeth and eyes, and the pointy ears. Just perfect work here, particularly on the hair.
* The Wolfman's pants are ripped up, too, as are his shoes. Well, his shoes are completely gone; all that's left are his huge, hairy feet. Err.. paws. Huge, hairy paws.
* The Woflman isn't a bad action figure, either. While he has a built in action feature, his arms and hips still swivel freely. He's really fun to play with and holds up well. I've let my little one run around with him all she wants over the past few weeks and he's still in fine shape. This toy is almost 30 years old and it's still holding it's own nicely. You gotta respect that.
* The Wolfman does have an action feature like the other figures in this series. Squeeze his legs together and his arms spread out, his head tilts back, and his jaw closes shut. Yup, this guy actually howls at the moon. How cool is that? Also, you can see my hand in this picture! Hi everybody!
* The only negative I have with this guy is that the back of the figure doesn't have that much detail. It'd be really cool if the ripping and tearing of his clothes extended to his back but it doesn't: There is only a bid of mild stretching going on back there.
Keep checking back here every day in October for more Toy Terror! Also, make sure to check out the Toy Bloggers United contest being hosted here this month! For more 31 Days of Toy Terror, check out my Hokey Halloween Horror page for spooky fun from 2016 and years past!