Obi-Wan Kenobi turned out to be a massive pegwarmer (my local Walgreens still has three on the pegs), Anakin was a figure that few collectors even found on shelves. At this point he's one of the most expensive figures on the aftermarket, so I was fortunate to pick him up in a trade. Is he a worthwhile purchase for those of you wanting to go back and pay the big bucks for this guy? Read on and find out after the break...
Height: 6 1/8ths inches
Articulation: Swivel/hinge ankles, double hinged knees, swivel thighs, ball jointed hips, ball jointed abdomen, swivel/hinge shoulders, swivel/hinge elbows, swivel/hinge wrists, hinged neck, and a ball jointed head.
Accessories: 2 swappable portraits, lightsaber hilt, and a lightsaber blade.
Original Retail Price: $20-$22 dollars
* Since he's a Jedi, Anakin needs to be able to move freely and unhindered. Fortunately, he's able to with ease! Hasbro did an excellent job on Anakin's articulation as his joints are tight and sturdy with an excellent range of motion. The "skirt" of his tunic also doesn't hinder his motion in the least because Hasbro wisely mixed together a rubbery plastic and actual fabric to create the effect.
* Hey! I really like this Anakin headsculpt. He's not in full on "youngling slaughtering mode" yet but he does have a bit of an intense gaze. This is definitely a headsculpt that if you handed it to me sans body, I'd know immediately who it was.
* Here's a glimpse at Anakin's torso. It looks really good, too. I'm digging the work on his padded glove and the paintwork on the tunic. It actually looks like it's made from a leathery like material due to the excellent sculpting and paint.
* Here's a closer look at the bottom of Anakin's tunic that I mentioned above. As you can see, the mixture of soft goods and a softer, more rubbery plastic works really well here. Sometimes these mixtures work and sometimes they don't, and fortunately Anakin's is the former. The belt is also pretty detailed and features a hole where his lightsaber can be plugged in.
Oh, and Han Solo used it briefly once, too.
Just like your mom.
* I like the functionality of the neck hinge that Hasbro used on these earlier figures in the series but I hate that the hinges are so visible. The newer figures rarely have this problem, but they also don't have easily removable heads.
* I complained about this same issue with Obi-Wan a few years back, but where is Anakin's robe? How can Hasbro sell a figure of a prequel era Jedi with no robe? That's ridiculous!
I've reviewed a few different figures of Anakin in both his Jedi and Sith forms, including the 2014 Black Series Phase II Darth Vader , the Walgreens exclusive Emperor's Wrath Darth Vader, and the Hero Mashers Luke Skywalker Vs. Darth Vader, basic Anakin Skywalker, and the vehicle set Jedi Speeder & Anakin Skywalker
I've reviewed plenty of other figures from Star Wars: The Black Series, including:
Star Wars: The Black Series (6 inch) by Hasbro (2013)
Luke Skywalker (Bespin Outfit)
Luke Skywalker (X-Wing Pilot)
Obi-Wan Kenobi (Revenge of the Sith)
Princess Leia (Slave Outfit)
Star Wars: The Black Series Phase II (6 inch) by Hasbro (2014)
Boba Fett (Prototype Armor)
Clone Commander Cody
Clone Trooper Captain
Clone Trooper Sergeant
Han Solo (Stormtrooper Disguise)
Luke Skywalker (Stormtrooper Disguise)
Princess Leia Organa (Boushh)
Star Wars: The Black Series Phase III (6 inch) by Hasbro (2015)
First Order Flametrooper
First Order General Hux
First Order Snowtrooper Officer
First Order Special Forces TIE Fighter
First Order Stormtrooper
First Order TIE Fighter Pilot
Imperial Shock Trooper
Kylo Ren (Starkiller Base)
Phase 1 Clone Trooper Commander, Phase II Clone Trooper, Imperial Stormtrooper, and First Order ---Stormtrooper Officer four pack
Poe Dameron and First Order Riot Control Stormtrooper
Rey (Jakku) & BB-8
Sandtrooper Sergeant, Crimson Stormtrooper, Lieutenant OXIXO, and R2-Q5
- Action Figure Review Index
- Who is Barbecue17?
- My Toy Review Rating Scale!
- 31 Days of Toy Terror!
- Top 10 Lists and Other Stuff
- Podcasts on The Epic Review
- Oh the Horror!: Horror Movie Reviews!
- The Batgirl Library
- The Dark Knight Gallery
- Fabulous Secret Powers
- Snake Mountain!
- Beast Manor
- The Harley Quinndex
- The Joker's Funhouse
- Tosche Station
- The Kessel Run
- The Crystal Castle